White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2005, 12:05 PM
WSI High Priest

Default Trib confirms some minor league assignments

None of these should come as a surprise to anybody who reads this forum, since they've all been suggested before:
- Anderson, Spidale, Borchard, Adkins, and Davis all will start the season in Charlotte
- Malone will start in the pen at B'ham
The only real "news" is that the Sox signed Robert Person to a minor-league deal for some reason.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:51 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice
The only real "news" is that the Sox signed Robert Person to a minor-league deal for some reason.
Didn't they do the same thing a year or 2 ago?
Old 04-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Banned

yeah I think it was last year..

I will never forget his MLB debut though...3 Homers, and a pop-fly to the warning track...amazing...except he was a pitcher, and never really pitched well.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:36 PM
WSI Regular

We should have a pretty good team this year. Went to Knights stadium today and toured the clubhouse. They had the uniforms hanging and the players names on thier lockers. It was Burke, Borchard, Adkins, Stewart, Sanders, Bajenaru, Matt Smith, Ben Davis, Raul Casanova, Munoz, Villiacis, Walker, Fields, Toca, Lopez, Coquillette, Becker, Bokowski, Anderson, Winkelsas, Phillips,McCarthy, Alvarez, Martinez, Spidale on DL and a locker for big Frank.It was a great tour. Believe it or not, they have a woman for a clubhouse mgr. Wonder how Frank will like that? Adkins is supposed to start on Thursday.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:15 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx227
yeah I think it was last year..

I will never forget his MLB debut though...3 Homers, and a pop-fly to the warning track...amazing...except he was a pitcher, and never really pitched well.
Person isn't that horrible of a pitcher. He had a few good years with the Phillies and has won 15 games in a season before. His ERA isn't great, but it isn't that bad either. I hope Person gets things back together.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:33 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice
None of these should come as a surprise to anybody who reads this forum, since they've all been suggested before:
- Anderson, Spidale, Borchard, Adkins, and Davis all will start the season in Charlotte
- Malone will start in the pen at B'ham
Has a decision been made on McCarthy? AA or AAA?

19 seasons, 9232 AB, 216 SO
Old 04-02-2005, 11:58 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' No. 2
Has a decision been made on McCarthy? AA or AAA?
from above.....

<We should have a pretty good team this year. Went to Knights stadium today and toured the clubhouse. They had the uniforms hanging and the players names on thier lockers. It was Burke, Borchard, Adkins, Stewart, Sanders, Bajenaru, Matt Smith, Ben Davis, Raul Casanova, Munoz, Villiacis, Walker, Fields, Toca, Lopez, Coquillette, Becker, Bokowski, Anderson, Winkelsas, Phillips,McCarthy, Alvarez, Martinez, Spidale on DL and a locker for big Frank.It was a great tour. Believe it or not, they have a woman for a clubhouse mgr. Wonder how Frank will like that? Adkins is supposed to start on Thursday.>

so AAA for McCarthy it is.........

The only real surprises you might find on the AA or AAA rosters are Pedro Lopez in Charlotte and Chris Young in Birmingham. Other than that, I didn't see any shockers.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:05 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Hudler
The only real surprises you might find on the AA or AAA rosters are Pedro Lopez in Charlotte and Chris Young in Birmingham. Other than that, I didn't see any shockers.
Wow. Young in AA, that is a shocker. Gotta say one thing about Wilder, he pushes these guys. Now, whether that's a good thing or not... time will tell.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:13 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Sox
Wow. Young in AA, that is a shocker. Gotta say one thing about Wilder, he pushes these guys. Now, whether that's a good thing or not... time will tell.
Apparently he had a really good spring. He was supposed to be sent down about two weeks ago and they decided to keep him with the AA club a little longer. I had heard that they were considering keeping him at AA at that point, but I didn't really think it would happen.

Then again, the good ones usually skip a level somewhere along the way. Let's hope he can hold his own and keep the strikeouts under control.