White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2004, 11:36 PM
WSI High Priest

Default Francisco Campos makes a great Debut in Charlotte

7.1 IP 4 hits, 3 BB 3 K and one solo shot surrendered accounting for all of the runs. We have owned this guys' rights the entire year, but he was pitching in Campeche for the Mexican League, where he was far and away the most dominant pitcher, leading the league in ERA by an entire run. I think we need to watch this guy and definately call him up for at least for September and see what he can do. If he continues to do well at AAA, call him up so that we can have him on the playoff roster if need be. He's gotta be better than Diaz.... Bajaneru can come with him and Jackson can provide Diaz with some company.
First Pennant in 46 years CHECK
First World Series in 88 years CHECK
Old 08-16-2004, 12:02 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRKARNO
7.1 IP 4 hits, 3 BB 3 K and one solo shot surrendered accounting for all of the runs. We have owned this guys' rights the entire year, but he was pitching in Campeche for the Mexican League, where he was far and away the most dominant pitcher, leading the league in ERA by an entire run. I think we need to watch this guy and definately call him up for at least for September and see what he can do. If he continues to do well at AAA, call him up so that we can have him on the playoff roster if need be. He's gotta be better than Diaz.... Bajaneru can come with him and Jackson can provide Diaz with some company.
I just checed the box score over at Minor League Baseball.com. IIRC it seems that Campos wasn't given much of a shot in spring training. Heck, if the Sox went solely on spring training stats then Shingo wouldn't be on the team.

I'm in the Campos camp, but then I thought Diaz would dazzle...

BTW did you see who faced the Knights? None other than Toad Ritchie! Nice 6.91 ERA Toad!

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 08-16-2004, 04:44 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad
I just checed the box score over at Minor League Baseball.com. IIRC it seems that Campos wasn't given much of a shot in spring training. Heck, if the Sox went solely on spring training stats then Shingo wouldn't be on the team.

I'm in the Campos camp, but then I thought Diaz would dazzle...

BTW did you see who faced the Knights? None other than Toad Ritchie! Nice 6.91 ERA Toad!
I remember watching Campos pitch at one of the spring training games he was at, and wow was he bad. His stuff was just horrible. Although he has put up brilliant numbers all season long and now with this good start in Charlotte, the Sox have to at least consider it.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:27 PM
New At WSI

What's his stuff like? Command? Deception factor? Any chance he can be a front-line starter in the bigs any time soon, or is he a bum-in-the-wings?

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:44 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gestaldt
What's his stuff like? Command? Deception factor? Any chance he can be a front-line starter in the bigs any time soon, or is he a bum-in-the-wings?

Thanks.
Here's a link:

http://www.google.com
Old 08-16-2004, 07:07 PM
New At WSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
Here's a link:

http://www.google.com
Anyone else?
Old 08-16-2004, 08:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

try this:

www.futuresox.com
Old 08-17-2004, 12:48 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gestaldt
Anyone else?
Seriously, use a search engine and read some **** for yourself, sheesh.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:12 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
Seriously, use a search engine and read some **** for yourself, sheesh.
For someone who immerses himself in minor league baseball I find it odd to blow off a fellow member asking a simple question. Any other person besides you writing those comments and this thread would be moved to Roadhouse, followed with a title of "(insert persons name) holds breath and stomps feet."

Old 08-17-2004, 10:56 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMarte708
For someone who immerses himself in minor league baseball I find it odd to blow off a fellow member asking a simple question. Any other person besides you writing those comments and this thread would be moved to Roadhouse, followed with a title of "(insert persons name) holds breath and stomps feet."

When people ask questions like: "WHo is he, where did he come from, how old is he?"

It takes 1 minute of that person's own time to type the player's name into a search engine and find out for themselves. It's pure laziness and it's annoying for other people to be expected to do it for them. Sorry, but I'm pretty short with people these days due to the mass numbers of new or young or immature or stupid members on the board these days and unfortunately I end up stepping on the toes of people who don't deserve it.

However, this guy isn't a prospect, and simply typing his name into any search engine and seeing that he's 32 years old will tell you that.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:57 PM
WSI Personality

If anyone ever is curious about a players past stats and what not, age and everything, just go to www.sports-wired.com

I'm sure their are some mistakes their, but overall its just got a slew of basic information that is find by the type of name.

As far as Campos, I couldn't tell ya his stuff off the top of my head. I didn't write anything down when I saw him pitch in ST, but I do remember how absolutely dreadful it was. His fastball was junk and his offspeed stuff was all get me over. He had horrible command when I was there, but I know he's put up pretty good numbers in the Mexican League and what not, so what I saw may not of been worthy to make much of a comparison on.

I'll try looking up a post I made on another site about Campos cause I'm sure back then I mentioned something more specific about his stuff.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisoxfn
I remember watching Campos pitch at one of the spring training games he was at, and wow was he bad. His stuff was just horrible. Although he has put up brilliant numbers all season long and now with this good start in Charlotte, the Sox have to at least consider it.
You have to take spring training with a grain of salt. I saw shingo pitch against the As in ST and he looked like the worst pitcher I had ever seen at any level of baseball. And dan wright looked good in ST
Old 08-21-2004, 06:04 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChisoxfaninMinny
You have to take spring training with a grain of salt. I saw shingo pitch against the As in ST and he looked like the worst pitcher I had ever seen at any level of baseball. And dan wright looked good in ST
Little did Dan Wright know his arm was going to fall off a month from then...

Freddie, how are you getting guys out?

"throwing a bunch of bull****."