White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2004, 11:29 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tom
Actually he doesnt really have a choice, because your posts are everywhere. NOBODY is saying that Whisler is the next Mark Prior. We ARE saying that criticising a pick because he wasnt the guy you most liked a week into his minor league career is a bit foolish (especially when he is putting up solid stats) and that the guy DELIVERS (and by delivers we dont mean has the same stuff or will have the same success, we mean that the thing he does while throwing the ball looks similar) are you really so narrow-minded that you can't see that you are in the wrong here. I meen seriously, I bitched about the Everett trade non-stop. Now, I'm willing to admit that it was a move that had to be made.
Replace the words "a bit" with "extremely" and we're on the right track.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:55 AM
WSI Personality

You can't possibly judge a draft based on one month. You can complain about drafts 4 years ago or so, and go ahead and complain about this one, but the fact is the results won't be had for quite a long time.

Also, their are financial considerations to go with draft picks. The Sox had a lot of picks early and that meant they had to pony up some extra money. They also are well noted as saying that some guys they were really high on kept coming to them and they wouldn't pass them up.

And as far as Ray Liotta goes, the guy has legitimate stuff. In my mind he has a shot to be one of the sleepers in the draft (if you consider a guy picked where he is a sleeper).
Old 07-31-2004, 01:26 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Actually he doesnt really have a choice, because your posts are everywhere. NOBODY is saying that Whisler is the next Mark Prior. We ARE saying that criticising a pick because he wasnt the guy you most liked a week into his minor league career is a bit foolish (especially when he is putting up solid stats) and that the guy DELIVERS (and by delivers we dont mean has the same stuff or will have the same success, we mean that the thing he does while throwing the ball looks similar) are you really so narrow-minded that you can't see that you are in the wrong here. I meen seriously, I bitched about the Everett trade non-stop. Now, I'm willing to admit that it was a move that had to be made.
I guarantee you this, the next time Whisler, Lucy, Lumsden, or Liotta have a bad game or two I will not write a juvenile 'I told you so' post like you or Maurice. In fact, prior to this thread, I haven't written anything about the poor starts of any of this year's picks.

One more thing, from now on I would like to submit my topics in advance to you and Maurice for approval before I post.
Old 07-31-2004, 02:34 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wealz
One more thing, from now on I would like to submit my topics in advance to you and Maurice for approval before I post.
*****! Your topics? Plural? You've only had one topic!
Old 07-31-2004, 05:08 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
*****! Your topics? Plural? You've only had one topic!
You're right.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:06 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I guarantee you this, the next time Whisler, Lucy, Lumsden, or Liotta have a bad game or two I will not write a juvenile 'I told you so' post like you or Maurice.
Now you're hallucinating. The only thing I've posted about any of these players is an update on their recent performance. Tracking (not trashing) Sox prospects is the very point of the "Minor Observations" board.

Quote:
You have a choice not to read it.
You're right, Weasel. At your request, I've designated you #4 on my "ignore list." I don't like to place new posters on "ignore" right off the bat, because they occassionally mature into folks with a variety of intelligent things to say. Others, like you, do nothing but waste bandwith repeating the same, unsupportable claims 20 times per day, because they have no life and no original ideas.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:20 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice
Now you're hallucinating. The only thing I've posted about any of these players is an update on their recent performance. Tracking (not trashing) Sox prospects is the very point of the "Minor Observations" board.

You're right, Weasel. At your request, I've designated you #4 on my "ignore list." I don't like to place new posters on "ignore" right off the bat, because they occassionally mature into folks with a variety of intelligent things to say. Others, like you, do nothing but waste bandwith repeating the same, unsupportable claims 20 times per day, because they have no life and no original ideas.
Good for you Maurice.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:50 PM
WSI Regular

Default Somebody needs a Whaaa-burger with some French Cries

Quote:
I guarantee you this....I will not write a juvenile 'I told you so' post like you or Maurice.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
*****. Oh, sorry, but thanks for the laugh. Please point out how you justify a generic "Let's support our players not criticise them" post is juvenile. Don't get so butt-hurt when someone calls you out.

By the way, I'm really excited about you submitting your topics to me for approval, I think it's gonna keep a lot of our influencable members away from questionable content.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:37 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
*****. Oh, sorry, but thanks for the laugh. Please point out how you justify a generic "Let's support our players not criticise them" post is juvenile. Don't get so butt-hurt when someone calls you out.

By the way, I'm really excited about you submitting your topics to me for approval, I think it's gonna keep a lot of our influencable members away from questionable content.
You're right. Dissenting opinion is not tollerated on this forum.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:33 AM
WSI Regular

Default The King of Butt Hurt

Quote:
You're right. Dissenting opinion is not tollerated on this forum.
No, dissenting opinions are fine, but whining and foolishly arguing because people DON'T AGREE with those dissenting opinions are not. Seriously, you have dissenting opinions, people are going to disagree. Why feel the need to attack other people's opinions on stupid points?
I seem to remember a 3 page thread where you felt it necessary to criticise a description of how Whisler LOOKS when he throws the ball. Don't be a hypocrite, because you did the same thing then as you are accusing me and maurice of doing now.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice
Liotta started for Great Falls yesterday and threw 5 1/3 shutout innings with 5 Ks.
Liotta is on a roll for Great Falls. He just posted 5 more shutout innings with 4 more Ks.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:35 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
No, dissenting opinions are fine, but whining and foolishly arguing because people DON'T AGREE with those dissenting opinions are not. Seriously, you have dissenting opinions, people are going to disagree. Why feel the need to attack other people's opinions on stupid points?
I seem to remember a 3 page thread where you felt it necessary to criticise a description of how Whisler LOOKS when he throws the ball. Don't be a hypocrite, because you did the same thing then as you are accusing me and maurice of doing now.
You're right.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:05 AM
WSI Personality

Getting back to Gio in Kanny...........

Gio had a tough first inning tonight, giving up four runs. He then settled down and tossed four scoreless frames to finish off his outing. His line.....

Kannapolis IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Gonzalez, Gio (L 0-1) 5 5 4 4 3 3 0 6.75
Hernandez, Fernando 2 1-3 1 1 1 0 4 1 2.20
Wasserman, Ehren 2-3 0 0 0 1 1 0 1.79

Nice relief, but Kanny loses 5-3. Valido, Young and Whisler all with two hits.