White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2004, 12:52 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by he_gone_89
too bad they aren't looking towards kane county
Kane County is not a AAA team/market. It is not an option.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:57 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
Possible? Yes. Negotiating plo y? Probably.

The Sox really like having their clubs consolidated in that NC/VA area, where Bristol, Kanny, W-S, and Charlotte are all so close. It makes things easier for their scouts, instructors, etc. and makes movement/travel logistics easier.
I think we are talking more about the possibility of the Knights no longer wanting the Sox in Charlotte, versus the Sox not wanting to be there. There is a good possibility that Charlotte will choose to go a different direction, as Nashville did several years ago.

Quote:
Today 12:41 AMfsphogmore than likely this wont happen - the gm of the indianapolis indians has been known to say that the white sox wont have a aaa team in indy as long as dave wilder is the head of the minor leagues.
Quote:
Why is that???
My best guess is that if Indianapolis is wanting to split from the Brewers, then they wouldn't want to sign with the Sox if Wilder is in charge of the farm system. Wilder was the Brewers Director of Player Development the last three years in Milwaukee. If Indy isn't happy with the Brewers, why re-align yourself with the guy that ran the system you aren't happy with?
Old 07-29-2004, 01:59 PM
WSI High Priest

For those who expressed interest in travelling to Indy to watch the Sox AAA team play, be advised that Charlotte plays several games in Indy every season, including a set next weekend.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:22 PM
WSI Regular

Default View from Indy Perspective

The rumor of the Sox farm team moving to Indy has been speculated around Indianapolis since last year. The Indians never were really pleased to have assoiciation with the Brewers. Indications are that the Indians would try to get affiliation with the Sox because they're the best availble partner out there (and one of the only).

An affiliation with the Sox would be great here in Indy - die hards from Chicago could easily travel to see a game, while Sox fans like myself who are trapped in this Cub-loving city could actually do something Sox related in Indy.

Victory Field is an amazing ballpark, and the prices are very affordable. Night games in the summertime with the Indy skyline in right center field are great.

Sox AAA team in Indy? .... Yes!

Bryan
Old 07-29-2004, 06:52 PM
Webmaster - French Fryer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dividedsk717
The rumor of the Sox farm team moving to Indy has been speculated around Indianapolis since last year. The Indians never were really pleased to have assoiciation with the Brewers. Indications are that the Indians would try to get affiliation with the Sox because they're the best availble partner out there (and one of the only).

An affiliation with the Sox would be great here in Indy - die hards from Chicago could easily travel to see a game, while Sox fans like myself who are trapped in this Cub-loving city could actually do something Sox related in Indy.

Victory Field is an amazing ballpark, and the prices are very affordable. Night games in the summertime with the Indy skyline in right center field are great.

Bryan
The Sox had their AAA team in Indianapolis for years. They never should have left. Next to metro Chicago, Indiana is populated with more Sox Fans than any other state. Not even downstate Illinois has as many Sox Fans as Indiana, with all those frontrunners from central Illinois that only choose allegiance to either the Flubs or Cards. Screw 'em, they don't know what they're missing.

Frankly the Sox should never have lost their South Bend single-A affiliation either, but this is the Sox we're talking about here so nobody can be too surprised.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:57 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleHoseGeorge
The Sox had their AAA team in Indianapolis for years. They never should have left. Next to metro Chicago, Indiana is populated with more Sox Fans than any other state.
OT post here, but...

Great post, George. Spoken like a true Chicagoan, considering it its own state.

0-2

LAST GAME: April 16 - Boston 6, Sox 4 (14)
NEXT GAME: April 26 vs. Tampa Bay
Old 07-29-2004, 07:04 PM
Webmaster - French Fryer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23
OT post here, but...

Great post, George. Spoken like a true Chicagoan, considering it its own state.
In matters of baseball allegiance, metro Chicago might as well be a separate state from the rest of Illinois. Not including those who lived part of their life around Chicago, you can practically count on your fingers and toes all the Sox Fans who were raised and still live in downstate Illinois.

Old 07-29-2004, 07:10 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
In matters of baseball allegiance, metro Chicago might as well be a separate state from the rest of Illinois. Not including those who lived part of their life around Chicago, you can practically count on your fingers and toes all the Sox Fans who were raised and still live in downstate Illinois.

You don't need to tell me, I spend my winters in Peoria. I would roughly say the city's demographics are 48% Cub fans, 48% Cardinal fans, 4% other, with a chance of error being about +/- 4%.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:45 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
The Sox had their AAA team in Indianapolis for years. They never should have left. Next to metro Chicago, Indiana is populated with more Sox Fans than any other state. Not even downstate Illinois has as many Sox Fans as Indiana
Must've been nice! I guess I'm showing my age now. The demographics seem to have changed to Flubs first, Reds second and Sox third. I actually won someone a bet at the United States Grand Prix this year - he said no one would wear a Sox hat at the race besides himself ... I did, and he won (we were the only two we saw).

FWIW, today ESPN 950 in Indianapolis speculated that the Indians desperately want out of the affiliation with the Brewers (I missed the interview, but the owner of the Indians basically said it in a few more politically correct terms). Will Carroll from Baseball Prospectus commented that the Expos would be a great fit if they moved to DC, but did not comment on other possibilities.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:22 PM
WSI Personality

It would just surprise me for the Schumacher's to re-align themselves with Dave Wilder if they are so down on the Brewers. It doesn't seem to fit.