White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2004, 12:17 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose
So neither Haigwood or Rodriguez had surgery?
I know Haigwood had surgery. I think Rodriguez had a minor shoulder operation and then rested. Someone else may know better on Rodriguez.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:02 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisoxfn
I know Haigwood had surgery. I think Rodriguez had a minor shoulder operation and then rested. Someone else may know better on Rodriguez.
Haigwood had ACL reconstruction surgery on his left knee. I'm not sure what Rodriguez had, but how serious could it have been if he's pitching one year after going on the DL?
Old 07-07-2004, 02:20 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi
Haigwood had ACL reconstruction surgery on his left knee. I'm not sure what Rodriguez had, but how serious could it have been if he's pitching one year after going on the DL?
Tommy John. Guys are starting to make it back that fast. AJ Burnett did.

.252/.316/.343 for Seattle in 2005

23 for 58 with 4 2Bs, 7 BBs, and 3 SBs for Seattle in 2004

.305/.366/.455 with 13 SB in 15 Attempts at AAA Tacoma in 2004
Old 07-07-2004, 03:47 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyb1
Tommy John. Guys are starting to make it back that fast. AJ Burnett did.
Well, that is what was reported early for Ryan Rodgriquez, but now I can't seem to get or find any confirmation on that. "trailboss" claims otherwise, but only 2 posts doesn't exactly lend itself to complete credibility.

Ryan has certainly made some steady progress over the last month or so after starting out real rough. He's still just 20 years old.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:14 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
Well, that is what was reported early for Ryan Rodgriquez, but now I can't seem to get or find any confirmation on that. "trailboss" claims otherwise, but only 2 posts doesn't exactly lend itself to complete credibility.

Ryan has certainly made some steady progress over the last month or so after starting out real rough. He's still just 20 years old.
I've searched high and low for some sort of confirmation of his injury and I just can't seem to find anything. There are some pretty good prospects in Kanny right now, I just wish we had some more quality prospects in adv A and AA. There's a lot of garbage on the hills in Winston-Salem and Birmingham.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:17 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
I've searched high and low for some sort of confirmation of his injury and I just can't seem to find anything. There are some pretty good prospects in Kanny right now, I just wish we had some more quality prospects in adv A and AA. There's a lot of garbage on the hills in Winston-Salem and Birmingham.
I'm almost positive that he did not have Tommy John, but I do remember that was one of the early reports on him. Stuff on Rodriguez is hard to find. I'm going to be in Kanny later this week so I'll ask them when I'm there
Old 07-08-2004, 06:23 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
True, but I am always skeptical about our pitcher's stats in AA, especially older guys. The ballpark is a pitchers' haven. Pacheco's 2003 season basically sums up my hesitance.
With only 17 hits allowed and 49 K's in 31 innings, I don't think it's the walls of the Birmingham ballpark that are keeping the ERA down for Baj.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:04 PM
WSI Regular

O.K., I may not post much, but trust me---I know Rodriguez and he didn't have surgery. ChisoxFn will confirm this when he talks to Ryan in Kanny. Rest and rehab was all he needed. He's "back in the saddle" this year.

Haigwood had ACL surgery, but he is obviously doing fine as well.

I just don't want the wrong info to follow guys and make people suspicious.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:40 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailboss
O.K., I may not post much, but trust me---I know Rodriguez and he didn't have surgery. ChisoxFn will confirm this when he talks to Ryan in Kanny. Rest and rehab was all he needed. He's "back in the saddle" this year.

Haigwood had ACL surgery, but he is obviously doing fine as well.

I just don't want the wrong info to follow guys and make people suspicious.
What was it, shoulder soreness, tendinitis, etc?

It is the internet, so don't take it personally. I just take everything I read with a grain of salt until I have confirmation from someone I know/trust or have a rapport with.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:42 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by professionalfan
With only 17 hits allowed and 49 K's in 31 innings, I don't think it's the walls of the Birmingham ballpark that are keeping the ERA down for Baj.
Yes, he's pitching well, but you just can't discount the fact that he's 26 years old pitching in AA, which is a level he's pitched in before. Scouts always tell you to be weary of guys repeating levels, and guys that are too old to be at a certain level. I wouldn't get too high on this guy, until he shows us something promising in AAA or in the majors.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:30 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Yes, he's pitching well, but you just can't discount the fact that he's 26 years old pitching in AA, which is a level he's pitched in before. Scouts always tell you to be weary of guys repeating levels, and guys that are too old to be at a certain level. I wouldn't get too high on this guy, until he shows us something promising in AAA or in the majors.
If he was in a different organization, he would be in AAA or majors by now. It is not his fault that he is stuck in AA.
Old 07-09-2004, 04:01 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by professionalfan
If he was in a different organization, he would be in AAA or majors by now. It is not his fault that he is stuck in AA.
Possibly, but all I'm really trying to say is that we shoudn't go Ruffcorn on this guy. I think it's important as Sox fans that we recognize who the real prospects are. We've had quite a few effective closers in AA go on to lesser achievements in AAA and the majors.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:24 PM
WSI Church Elder

Didn't notice any mention, but Brandon had a decent outing last night.

6.2 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 0 BB, 10 K, 1 HR

He's definitely handled the jump to Adv A, it's definitley looks as though he'll be on the bump for Birmingham next year.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:26 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Didn't notice any mention, but Brandon had a decent outing last night.

6.2 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 0 BB, 10 K, 1 HR

He's definitely handled the jump to Adv A, it's definitley looks as though he'll be on the bump for Birmingham next year.
I thought I'd share this with you guys, but its a wav file of an interview I and Mike did back a week or two ago with Brandon Mccarthy. Audio Clip Actual Story