White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2004, 10:36 PM
WSI Personality

Default Q/A with Pres. of Stadium Op. Terry Savarise

Make of this what you will
Old 04-06-2004, 11:10 PM
WSI Guru

No new information, although it's disappointing to see the bs oozing out of Terry's mouth when he says the top 8 rows were the highest and steepest in the upper deck. Yes, they were the highest. No, they weren't the steepest. The slope was (and is) constant from the bottom to the top of the upper deck. The seats didn't automatically get steeper at the top.

2014 Attendance Record: 3-3, 0.500
Old 04-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Banned

that man prolly wears knee-cushions to work
Old 04-06-2004, 11:31 PM
WSI Personality

Hey obviously didnt get the memo of them raising parking prices to $16 this year
Old 04-06-2004, 11:46 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Q: Will fans holding upper deck seats be able to get onto the main concourse?

Savarise: We will continue to restrict access for all ticket holders to the level where their seat is located, to avoid placing extra strain on concession stands, vendors and restrooms. We are working to upgrade the amenities available in the upper level so it will be a destination in itself.
The above is ALMOST an admission that UD fans get screwed by substandard availability of concessions, restrooms, and souvineers.

ALMOST.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:07 AM
WSI Personality

New Sound System!

It about time. First of all it was WAY too loud and distorted (especially if you sat near a speaker.) Second - they should let Nancy Faust play more during 1/2 inning breaks.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:44 AM
WSI Regular

The problem with restrictions on upper deck ticket holders is that I wanted to buy a retro hat when I visited last year, but could not vist the hat shop in left field so they lost a sale that was more expensive than my ticket. Plus, the lower deck being empty when it's cold looks bad on tv so they should let the upper deck fans come down when attendance is below 15,000.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:14 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally posted by MadCitySoxFan
The problem with restrictions on upper deck ticket holders is that I wanted to buy a retro hat when I visited last year, but could not vist the hat shop in left field so they lost a sale that was more expensive than my ticket. Plus, the lower deck being empty when it's cold looks bad on tv so they should let the upper deck fans come down when attendance is below 15,000.
MCSF - you're a man after my own heart! The reason that the "Upper Deck Lockdown at the Cell" is unfair and stupid from a customer service standpoint is that the UD just does not have the same availability of items, concessions, bathrooms, water pressure in the drinking fountains, etc.

And they wonder why people are wary of coming back...

The only time I truly see Savarise's justification of "not stressing concessionaires" is during sellouts such as opening day, sox-cubs, playoff games (hah!) and the like.

Otherwise, it's unfair, unwise, and bound to anger potentially loyal UD patrons.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mweflen
The reason that the "Upper Deck Lockdown at the Cell" is unfair and stupid from a customer service standpoint is that the UD just does not have the same...water pressure in the drinking fountains
ok, ***?
Old 04-07-2004, 03:31 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally posted by bc2k
ok, ***?
It's the truth! Let me paint the picture for you - it's Sox-Cubs 2002. The only tix I could get were Sec. 509 Row 30. No kidding! My back was literally at the wall. It's 95 degrees out with probably 75% relative humidity.

Suffice it to say, mobile beverage service is not a very frequent occurrence at this altitude and this temperature. So it's up to me to trudge up and down 30 rows worth of stairs to go to the concourse and fill up the water bottle.

Well, much to my chagrin - no pressure. None. Zilch. The tiniest of trickles dribbles out of the spigot, nothing more.

It was like I was Tantalus and Jerry Reinsdorf was a punishing Greek God...

---

but really, Bc2k, I only included it to be funny and thorough
Old 04-07-2004, 03:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
The reason that the "Upper Deck Lockdown at the Cell" is unfair and stupid from a customer service standpoint is that the UD just does not have the same...water pressure in the drinking fountains, etc.

And they wonder why people are wary of coming back...
No kidding. I've toured every major league stadium in this great land and I've come across no other park than Comiskey that is so lax in its care of the drinking fountains. these kind of cutbacks are INEXCUSABLE from a park located so close to one of our great lakes. water filtration and conservation needs to be addressed ASAP! time to raise Cain boys; I smell a boycott: "Hell no, we won't go." "Hell no, our water won't flow."

all in good humor mweflen
welcome to WSI

Last edited by bc2k; 04-07-2004 at 03:51 AM.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:59 AM
WSI Church Elder

Hey, this isn't even to mention the hypochondriac girlfriend I had at the time of that game - she "fainted" from dehydration on the Red Line going to another hot-weather Sox game we attended.

(thank goodness my current GF never dehydrates, AND has boycotted the UD because it makes her dizzy...)

If I get near a scanner, I should scan the pic we took of the "no pressure" Sox-Cubs game from the UD - it's a nice panorama shot from the last row, with us sweating and wilting in the heat
Old 04-07-2004, 07:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
The above is ALMOST an admission that UD fans get screwed by substandard availability of concessions, restrooms, and souvineers.

ALMOST.

You get what you pay for.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:15 AM
WSI High Priest

thats why I dont sit up there. Its way too high, new roof or not.
Id rather watch the game at home honestly ...................
" The 2006 White Sox..... simply didn't have the hunger of the Twins or Tigers" - SunTimes columnist and SOX fan Richard Roeper
Old 04-07-2004, 08:20 AM
WSI Regular

I dont see how 15k people could strain concession stands. I agree with the others that the upperdeck ticket holding fans should be allowed downstairs. Plus, a lot of those tickets are sold to churches, groups, etc. with lots of kids. By restricting the kids access to the lower deck things like speed gun and all the other amusements, you are basically Wirtz-ing a new generation of fans.