White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2017, 04:46 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow6 View Post
"The process" at some point is going to include signing some free agents to multi-year deals that you know will be hard to swallow in years 4,5,6, etc.

Not saying Arrieta is the guy, but it will happen, no?

I think the Cubs are already starting to sweat the money owed to Hayward, Lester, Zobrist, etc. But it was part of the process that landed them a title.
That point is about 3 years away.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:05 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards press box View Post
Who knows? Sale isn't a free agent for three more seasons. The Sox will be really good by then and may want to add an ace. I'm not saying it will happen but it is certainly possible.
It has nothing to do with what you stated. It has everything to do with the animus between team management and Sale. There is very much bad blood between the two, so much so that I cannot see Sale coming back to the South Side.

However much I want to see it happen, it just...won't.

2014 PtC Score: 1
Old 12-12-2017, 06:58 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Soprano View Post
That point is about 3 years away.
Alright.
I admittedly hadn’t had my first cup of joe when I initiated the notion Operation Arrieta.

Whoever mentioned Navarro spooked me; I’m also surprised the one who answers to “Big Game” didn’t thrown in my face.

Perhaps I’m getting a bit impatient and loved the thought of a QUALITY veteran arm to slot in between the kids next season.

I do think a move like this could (and should) come before the three year mark....
Old 12-12-2017, 07:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
If Arrieta regressed to mean of past few years, that would mean an improvement on 2017 performance, no?
Not on his last start of the 2017 playoff season.
“There were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. George’s great strength was he didn’t overcoach. There’s no place for panic on the mound.” - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger “Arms and the man,” Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Old 12-12-2017, 07:33 PM
WSI Church Elder

I think it is too early for that kind of signing and agree that Arrieta is probably not the guy even if.

I also think it is possible that a rotation of Kopech, Hansen, Giolito, Lopez, and Rodon or Dunning might not need a high priced veteran to lead the way.

I do think it is inevitable the Sox will sign some veteran at some position to fill some gap. I just don't think we will know what that gap is until the 2019-2020 signing period.

So, for right now, wait.