White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2014, 12:02 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post
1. The easy part is bringing up Johnson, who the Sox are high on....the tougher part is dealing with Gordon. You think they would just release him this weekend? He is clearly struggling again, but I am not a bit surprised that they have not just cut him loose. He will get another month and then maybe they will sit him to look at Johnson in September.

2. Sierra is hitting over .300 as a Sox, and has all those tools. I think he definitely has to be in their plans for next year, at least as a 4th outfielder if not as a starter. Right now, I think he is a better rightfielder than Avasail, who could shift to left. That would be an outfield of Garcia, Sierra, and Eaton...three fast guys with big arms....nice.

3. Abreu is in an incredible zone right now. Keep it going...imagine if King Felix had not shut him out (0 for 3) in that one game...he would be at 40 game hitting streak and the whole baseball world would be watching him to see if he could threaten Jolting Joe....wow.

4. It is clicking in for Tyler Flowers again, just like in April...sweeettt!!
One thing about big catchers like Tyler...they can take the abuse behind the plate pretty well, and I do think that the hitting can come later with catchers who have so much on their plate. If he hits .250, he is on the club for next year! Made a great stop in the 9th to keep that from getting even more scary.

5. PK is swinging well the last month or so. Hope he goes out strong. Dunn could still be moved on waivers the next month and that would allow PK to play more...fine by me.

6. Petricka seems to have the eye of the tiger in the 9th that you need...fearlessness is a prerequisite for success as a closer.

7. Eaton is fun.
AND - on another optimistic note- Avisail played for Charlotte last night and went two for four!!!!! (Lindstrom pitched an inning as well.)
Old 08-02-2014, 12:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post

2. Sierra is hitting over .300 as a Sox, and has all those tools. I think he definitely has to be in their plans for next year, at least as a 4th outfielder if not as a starter. Right now, I think he is a better rightfielder than Avasail, who could shift to left. That would be an outfield of Garcia, Sierra, and Eaton...three fast guys with big arms....nice.

3. Abreu is in an incredible zone right now. Keep it going...imagine if King Felix had not shut him out (0 for 3) in that one game...he would be at 40 game hitting streak and the whole baseball world would be watching him to see if he could threaten Jolting Joe....wow.

2. I really like the sound of that .. nothing gets my blood flowing like great outfield defense .. i'm so high on Garcia!! but i think we have to be patient with Avisail when he does return .. it appeared that he was just starting to improve at the plate and in the field when he got hurt .. i would imagine that it will take some time for him to get back to that point ..

3. imagine if Robin had left him in that game and he got a hit, the whole baseball world would be talking about him (if they aren't already)
Old 08-02-2014, 12:26 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post

You hit that outta the park.
Thank You, Thank you very much.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:31 PM
WSI High Priest

Location: In the water barrel off the now-finished Borman Expressway

Aren't too many times you can say that the Sox won a game on the basepaths, but that's what happened last night.

Obligatory 2014 attendance record: 1-1

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

JACK....IS....BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2014, 02:53 PM
WSI Church Elder

OK, so I'm combing Elvis Night and Dog Day!

Old 08-02-2014, 04:20 PM
WSI Church Elder

Abreu is seeming more and more to be more than just an excellent hitter with all the physical ability. He's got a certain genius for the game like we saw in players like Frank Thomas or Ichiro Suzuki. I told you all this was going to be the best signing in Sox history!