White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2014, 05:29 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
They got Drew and Prado?

Im sorry I have been so focused on danks being dealt to yanks, I meant pitching wise.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:36 PM
WSI Church Elder

I'm really surprised Tampa thought highly enough of Franklin, Smyley and Adames to trade Price. IMO, they should have been able to score more talent than that. Very weird.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:42 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Thats eating 1+M, Sox wont do that.
Disagree. Difference between keeping Beckham or releasing him and bringing up someone making league minimum the final two months of the season comes out to less than $200K.

Sox have released Scott Downs at a much higher cost.

I'm guessing that they bring up Semien, Johnson or both in September when rosters expand and the Gordon Beckham era WILL BE OVAH!
Old 07-31-2014, 05:46 PM
WSI Regular

hope they give johnson a shot......wanna see what he's got
Old 07-31-2014, 05:48 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Im just totally shocked the yanks did diddly squat.
I'm not. I work with a few Yanks fans who have been telling me the past two years that they are ready to rebuild and that more Yanks fans than ever agree with them. Cashman is smart, but he is also restricted in ways he hasn't been before by ownership.
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell
Old 07-31-2014, 06:03 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risk View Post
Tank is moving into Daryl Boston territory for me--guy who I thought had potential, but cannot seem to put it together. He will probably be back again next year (sigh).

Risk
As the first base coach?
Old 07-31-2014, 06:14 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risk View Post
I know this probably puts me in the minority, but I am ok with Danks not getting traded. I acknowledge that he makes too much $ for what he is now (even though at the time of the contract signing, it seemed like it would be a good deal), yet I hate the idea of giving up established, starting pitching, especially if the deal isn't right. I still think with all the other holes the team has, getting rid of him would have opened up yet another one.

Tank is moving into Daryl Boston territory for me--guy who I thought had potential, but cannot seem to put it together. He will probably be back again next year (sigh).

Dunn--whatever, I didn't think anyone was going to be interested in him (makes too much $).

DeAza and Beckham--meh, the sooner both are gone, the better, but the lesson here is that both are not viewed as being useful pieces to any other team, in the present or the future.

Just my $0.02.

Risk
No, the only reason to trade Danks was if you got something nice in return - or to beef up a package. Looked like the Yankees were on the ropes and would surely trade one of it's 5 excess catchers at least for a decent pitcher. Oh well.

The good news going forward - gotta love the starting pitching going forward for the Sox. Just hope they spend the money correctly for bullpen and position players this offseason.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:54 PM
WSI High Priest

Interesting question...do the Tigers make this David Price trade if the A's don't land Jon Lester? I wonder how long the Price deal had been in the works or if it was something that just materialized today.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 07-31-2014, 07:02 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalehosePlanet View Post
I'm really surprised Tampa thought highly enough of Franklin, Smyley and Adames to trade Price. IMO, they should have been able to score more talent than that. Very weird.
No kidding. I really like Houston's haul though. I'd love Marisnick or Moran.

2012 Attendance Record: 6-4
2011 Attendance Record: 3-3
2010 Attendance Record: 4-3
Old 07-31-2014, 09:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
Interesting question...do the Tigers make this David Price trade if the A's don't land Jon Lester? I wonder how long the Price deal had been in the works or if it was something that just materialized today.
I don't think so, their name didn't pop up on my radar til around 130. Considering Jackson had to be pulled off the field mid AB, this was the definition of last minute deal.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:01 AM
WSI High Priest

Location: In the water barrel off the now-finished Borman Expressway

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstrike2000 View Post
Too bad the Tigers got Price. Besides not wanting him in our division, it's too bad to see a team like the Rays lose their ace.
Well, unless he and the rest of the Tiger starters plan to go 9 every outing, Detroit's still in trouble. Their bullpen is a disaster, and they did nothing to help it out.

Obligatory 2014 attendance record: 1-1

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

JACK....IS....BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:47 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakath View Post
Well, unless he and the rest of the Tiger starters plan to go 9 every outing, Detroit's still in trouble. Their bullpen is a disaster, and they did nothing to help it out.
Does Soria not count?
Old 08-01-2014, 07:54 AM
WSI High Priest

Location: In the water barrel off the now-finished Borman Expressway

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongyfungy View Post
Does Soria not count?
So far as a Tiger, Soria's stats are:

1 2/3 IP, 9 H, 6 R, 5 ER, 2 HR, 2 BB, 3 K, 27.00 ERA, 6.60 WHIP

If that's the kind of help they get, may they get all of the help in the world...
Old 08-01-2014, 09:08 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakath View Post
Not to mention that they made there already suspect defense worse by trading Jackson. We saw the ability of Rajai Davis to play outfield against the Sox, imagine him everyday in that big centerfield in Comerica. . .
Old 08-08-2014, 03:18 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Boomer and Carton discuss the Red Sox and Rays GMs reportedly being told they can trade their pitchers to any team except the Yankees.

Video
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...erry-reinsdorf
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>