White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 04:53 PM
WSI High Priest

Default Luke Scott goes after former Sox coach

in Korea and has been let go immediately.

Former Sox bullpen coach , Man Soo-lee(sp), is a coach in the Korean professional baseball league, was approached by former Baltimore O's player Luke Scott in the locker room and Scott started calling him a coward among other slurs, due to some issues Scott had about his injury status.

Scott famously had some very extreme opinions he voiced while in MLB, including accusing the current President of not being born in America.

This guy Scott seems like a jerk. I think Soo was always considered a laid back nice guy with the Sox. He was on the team in 2005 and got a world series ring.

Scott is going to find that insulting coaches and people in the organization he is working for will not be great for his career. No wonder he ended up in Korea....maybe he should head north from there.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:36 PM
WSI High Priest

Definitely a tool-
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 07-16-2014, 05:47 PM
WSI Church Elder

Yup, still a tool.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:38 PM
WSI Church Elder

Man Soo Lee was very popular when he was in Chicago. And I also remember him as a laid back guy.

Scott is probably frustrated that he is playing Korea and not MLB. Not right to take it out on his coach, though.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:48 PM
WSI High Priest

The guy's a loser. He's been known for running is mouth about stuff when it doesn't even pertain to him.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:25 PM
WSI High Priest

This just proves that Luke Scott is a loud mouth jerk on more than one continent.
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." ó George Orwell
Old 07-16-2014, 09:04 PM
WSI Prelate

He's always been a master douche.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:08 PM
WSI Church Elder

Well, Scott is a d-bag... I could stop there.

But I want to talk a bit about Man Soo though. That guy was great and a fantastic ambassador for the White Sox. He always interacted with fans, playing rock/paper/scissors with kids for baseballs (although he'd always give kids the ball anyway). The guy always had a smile on his face. I can't imagine him being too confrontational as a manager, but in Korean Baseball Man Soo is apparently considered the Babe Ruth of that country. Not exactly a guy you'd want to pick a fight with unless you're looking for a way out the door.

Quick/cool story on Man Soo - my family and I were in Minnesota for a series back in the days of the dome (I believe it was 2004; my junior year of HS), and we happened to be staying at the team hotel. Our partial season tickets at the time were right behind the newly renovated Sox bullpen so when Man Soo saw us in the lobby, he recognized us right away. He comes up to us, hugs my mom (he called her "mom") and shakes all of our hands and has a pretty long conversation. During that conversation he asked us if we needed tickets for the game that night. Explaining that we already had tickets and thanking him for the offer, he then exchanged cell numbers with me and said he'd call sometime the following week when the team was back home from the road trip. The following week comes, and sure as ****, he calls me on a Thursday night asking if we wanted tickets to the game the following night. I thanked him and told him I'd call him back to let him know. A few minutes later, I called him back and we accepted his offer for tickets. Man Soo then puts his son on the phone to exchange information so he could leave the tickets at Will Call (his English wasn't all that great, so communicating name/number of tickets/etc would've been a bit difficult with Man Soo). Next night, we're sitting in the friends and family section behind home plate. Anyway, Man Soo was a GREAT guy and GREAT ambassador for the White Sox - Luke Scott is an asshat.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:10 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post

But I want to talk a bit about Man Soo though. That guy was great and a fantastic ambassador for the White Sox. He always interacted with fans, playing rock/paper/scissors with kids for baseballs (although he'd always give kids the ball anyway). The guy always had a smile on his face. I can't imagine him being too confrontational as a manager, but in Korean Baseball Man Soo is apparently considered the Babe Ruth of that country. Not exactly a guy you'd want to pick a fight with unless you're looking for a way out the door.

Quick/cool story on Man Soo - my family and I were in Minnesota for a series back in the days of the dome (I believe it was 2004; my junior year of HS), and we happened to be staying at the team hotel. Our partial season tickets at the time were right behind the newly renovated Sox bullpen so when Man Soo saw us in the lobby, he recognized us right away. He comes up to us, hugs my mom (he called her "mom") and shakes all of our hands and has a pretty long conversation. During that conversation he asked us if we needed tickets for the game that night. Explaining that we already had tickets and thanking him for the offer, he then exchanged cell numbers with me and said he'd call sometime the following week when the team was back home from the road trip. The following week comes, and sure as ****, he calls me on a Thursday night asking if we wanted tickets to the game the following night. I thanked him and told him I'd call him back to let him know. A few minutes later, I called him back and we accepted his offer for tickets. He then puts his son on the phone to exchange information so he could leave the tickets at Will Call (his English wasn't all that great, so communicating name/number of tickets/etc would've been a bit difficult with Man Soo). Next night, we're sitting in the friends and family section behind home plate. Anyway, Man Soo was a GREAT guy and GREAT ambassador for the White Sox - Luke Scott is an asshat.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:31 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post

Quick/cool story on Man Soo - my family and I were in Minnesota for a series back in the days of the dome (I believe it was 2004; my junior year of HS), and we happened to be staying at the team hotel. Our partial season tickets at the time were right behind the newly renovated Sox bullpen so when Man Soo saw us in the lobby, he recognized us right away. He comes up to us, hugs my mom (he called her "mom") and shakes all of our hands and has a pretty long conversation. During that conversation he asked us if we needed tickets for the game that night. Explaining that we already had tickets and thanking him for the offer, he then exchanged cell numbers with me and said he'd call sometime the following week when the team was back home from the road trip. The following week comes, and sure as ****, he calls me on a Thursday night asking if we wanted tickets to the game the following night. I thanked him and told him I'd call him back to let him know. A few minutes later, I called him back and we accepted his offer for tickets. Man Soo then puts his son on the phone to exchange information so he could leave the tickets at Will Call (his English wasn't all that great, so communicating name/number of tickets/etc would've been a bit difficult with Man Soo). Next night, we're sitting in the friends and family section behind home plate. Anyway, Man Soo was a GREAT guy and GREAT ambassador for the White Sox - Luke Scott is an asshat.
My God, I'm a fan of Man Soo just because of this story.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:05 PM
WSI Church Elder

Also sat behind the Sox Bullpen for years. Man Soo was the greatest. Some of the stories I've heard of what he's done for fans would make you cry your eyes out, including the family of a kid he got to know from those seats whose son died tragically a few years back. Great guy.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:31 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylestillman View Post
Also sat behind the Sox Bullpen for years. Man Soo was the greatest. Some of the stories I've heard of what he's done for fans would make you cry your eyes out, including the family of a kid he got to know from those seats whose son died tragically a few years back. Great guy.
I sure hope he is back for all the 2005 stuff. He was always a great guy!