White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2014, 08:06 AM
WSI Church Elder

For every good move Hahn has made, he's made a stinker -- signing Downs, Keppinger, Paulino and Wise to multi-year dears. While I like the direction the team is going, I'm not ready to anoint him a "genius."

Noesi (a Hahn signing) looked great last night and has been a solid back-of-rotation guy.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:07 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Also, was that play at third not reviewable? That would have been a good time to use a challenge. Worst case scenario is you lose it (and who knows if there would have been a 13th inning) and the best case scenario is there's one out with a runner on first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
I was going to come here and bitch about the play with the third base coach. He clearly made contact. The look on his face...he knew he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar. But, all the said, does anyone honestly think Webb would have gotten out of that inning anyway? Wild pitch possibly still happens- runner goes to second. I'm sure another base hit was on its way.

Game was lost in the 8th inning.
I wasn't awake for the play in the 12th. However, I caught the end of the 5th on the radio. Farmer and DJ were both pretty bewildered that the Sox did not challenge the play at home with Eaton trying to score. Game may have been lost in the 5th; if Eaton scores there, the Sox are up 3 - 0.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:26 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBSoxFan View Post
I wasn't awake for the play in the 12th. However, I caught the end of the 5th on the radio. Farmer and DJ were both pretty bewildered that the Sox did not challenge the play at home with Eaton trying to score. Game may have been lost in the 5th; if Eaton scores there, the Sox are up 3 - 0.
Ventura should have at least walked out and stalled for time as the dugout took a look at the replay. It looked like he was out, but I never saw a great close-up view.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:38 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Ventura should have at least walked out and stalled for time as the dugout took a look at the replay. It looked like he was out, but I never saw a great close-up view.
As I recall, the question wasn't whether he was out or not but whether home plate was blocked. I was also listening on the radio and DJ and Ed seemed very surprised that Ventura didn't at least stall long enough to review it.

As usual, Robin seems in over his head.

Hopefully, they'll use some of the Dunn $ that comes off the books and sign a few legitimate arms for the bullpen and maybe another starter. Add Avisail back in the mix and this team should be a hell of a lot better.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:56 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Probably not coincidentally they're also the least talented, as well.
Nope, they have talent to be better than Minnesota and Cleveland but due to their manager they are in last place giving wins away.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:25 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Chappas View Post
As I recall, the question wasn't whether he was out or not but whether home plate was blocked. I was also listening on the radio and DJ and Ed seemed very surprised that Ventura didn't at least stall long enough to review it.
Right. Farmer said the catcher definitely blocked home plate. For all we know, some private edict came out from the league after the Pittsburgh/Cincinnati game not to challenge "blocking home plate."
Old 06-26-2014, 10:33 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
In the last half that team was fielding Jerry Owens, Erstad, Gonzales, Richar, Fields (all season), Cintron, Mackowiak - none of those players could make this roster. The bullpen had 2 pitchers much better than anyone in this pen (Junks, Thornton) but the rest would be at the bottom of this staff (Logan, Buckvich).
Ugh, those names made me puke in my mouth.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Our situational hitting has stunk on this trip.

Seems that we cannot move a runner in from third with less than two outs lately.

Beckham should have tried bunting on the 2-0 pitch...he was 0 for 4...what does he have to lose?

We are so young in the bullpen, some have decent arms, but do not handle pressure well at all.
No way should they be throwing strikes to Cruz in that situation.
When you start 2-0 vs him...just jam him inside, but do not let him get his arms extended. That is on the pitcher, Flowers, Coop, and Robin.

Nightmare trip continues.