White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2014, 08:48 PM
WSI Guru

Jones to have back surgery Monday according to the Sox. Herniated disc damage. As someone who has had lower back disc / arthritis issues the past four years, it's not good anytime you have to operate.

Six members of the team now on either the 15 or 60 day DL.

Lip
Old 05-03-2014, 08:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

we're starting to look like the Rangers here. Honestly, I don't want to see Danks starting in CF. I'm assuming he's a better defender than Leury Garcia, but it's brutal seeing him at the plate. He's never going to be anything better than a late-inning defensive replacement that hits a rare, massive home-run.

"Remember Abner"
Old 05-04-2014, 10:42 AM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 18h
Nate Jones' surgery hasn't happened yet. He will have one Monday at Rush. Procedure is called a mini discectomy

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin May 3
Micah Johnson finished 3-for-8 in the contest. Jeff Keppinger in his first injury rehab game finished 2-for-4

Birmingham Barons ‏@BhamBarons 15h
Rehabbing @whitesox INF Jeff Keppinger unloads on a fastball from Mobile starter Mike Lee, sending it onto the Home Run Porch for a 2R HR.
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 05-06-2014, 09:31 AM
Winner 2014 WSI PTC Contest

Default Sale out for at least 3 more weeks

I don't like this.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/05/...least-3-weeks/
Old 05-06-2014, 09:34 AM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post
Agree, sounding worse and worse.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:40 AM
WSI Church Elder

When Danks got hurt, the team originally said it was no big deal, he wouldn't even miss a start, blah, blah, blah.

I'm hoping the Sox are being overly-cautious with Chris in a re-build year. Regardless, they need someone better than Noesi in the roation if it's gonna be another three weeks before Sale is ready.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:51 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post
At least a 30% chance the next time we see Sale in a Sox uniform is Opening Day 2015.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
When Danks got hurt, the team originally said it was no big deal, he wouldn't even miss a start, blah, blah, blah.

I dont understand why they arent upfront about a pitchers injury except maybe for future ticket sales.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:56 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
I dont understand why they arent upfront about a pitchers injury except maybe for future ticket sales.
They don't want to admit that Blandman was right about Sale!
Old 05-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Because often they don't know how things will play out unless it's a catastrophic situation. This wasn't so the process of figuring out exactly what's wrong, what's causing the problem and how long until the player can return is trial and error as well as dependent on the player's own ability to heal.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 05-06-2014, 10:23 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Because if it's not an outright tear it's hard to project how quickly a guy can come back 100% ready to go. The fact that Sale has been throwing BP sessions is a good sign, and obviously in a season that was never meant to be competitive, they're being extra cautious with him.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:31 AM
WSI Church Elder

There's no reason to rush Sale. We aren't going anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 05-06-2014, 10:51 AM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Scott Merkin
Chris Sale threw a 40-pitch bullpen session on Monday, probably throw again Wednesday Rehab assignment 10 days to two weeks down the line per Hahn's guess.

Sox have a plan that is day to day based on how Sale feels, but that plan will be more on a need-to-know basis as far as the public is concerned.
"I deserve a certain level of privacy in terms of myself and my teammates and my coaches and training staff and general manager, manager," Sale said. "The more we keep to ourselves the less people can speculate, and that's helped the process a little bit in terms of hecticness coming with what's involved. We're trying to keep this at bay as much as we can and try not to leak too much information out as much as what it is and what it isn't."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140505&content_id=74416324&noteb ook_id=74427868&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws

Colleen Kane ‏@ChiTribKane 19h
Nate
Jones had a microdiscectomy today in his back. Went well. Will re-evaluate if he can step up baseball activity in a month.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:34 AM
WSI Church Elder

I don't think that this is a case of a team be disingenuous to it's fans concerning Sale's injury .. i am a bit worried, but i suppose that is natural considering that the weeks are starting to pile up, but Chris himself said, "I feel much better than when we started this process. There's nothing there today that made me think there should be any steps back or any setbacks." .. that's good enough for me..
Old 05-06-2014, 11:49 AM

Garcia out with shoulder surgery, Jones out with soon to be back surgery, Eaton having wheel problems this early in his career, Sale out for who knows how long with elbow problems early in his career. All major centerpieces in the Sox future, with very little in their system and very few tradeable pieces, Im worried.