White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 03-27-2014, 10:05 AM
MISoxfan MISoxfan is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
That's like eating 4 pints of B&J in one sitting. I have no doubt there are people on these forums who can do that, but I doubt they will be happy afterwards. In the past when I've been at peak weight and able to eat a lot more than I do/can now, 3 pounds at one time was pushing my limits hard. Remember that doesn't include the liquids you consume which add a pound for every pint you consume also, so if you have 2 bears with this sundae you are at 5 pounds in your belly. Most people will be in at least moderate distress if they do that.

Trust me, I speak from experience on this matter...
Where do you get these 1 lb bears?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-27-2014, 10:09 AM
voodoochile's Avatar
voodoochile voodoochile is offline
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 47,703
Blog Entries: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISoxfan View Post
Where do you get these 1 lb bears?
LOL!

Giant Gummy Bears for all my friends...
__________________

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-27-2014, 02:35 PM
anewman35 anewman35 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 2,635
Default

I guess this thread is as good a place as any to mention the "2014 Ballpark Recommendations & Policies" that the Sox just posted at whitesox.com (I'd give the entire link but it keeps giving me error messages when I try to)

There's some interesting stuff that I'm not entirely sure we knew involving stuff like parking prices and new security, but I'm particularly interested in this:

Quote:
For Opening Day, Monday, March 31, fans holding tickets for the upper level will not be able to access other levels of the ballpark. This policy ensures fans may safely and comfortably enjoy the game with access to the areas of the ballpark where they bought tickets.
So that implies that (for the first time in years, unless I'm out of the loop) the policy will NOT be in the place during the rest of the season, right?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-27-2014, 02:36 PM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 53,998
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewman35 View Post
So that implies that (for the first time in years, unless I'm out of the loop) the policy will NOT be in the place during the rest of the season, right?
Or it means even Upper Tank ST holders can't go downstairs on Opening Day
__________________
2014 Obligatory Attendance & Record Tracker

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-27-2014, 02:59 PM
MeteorsSox4367 MeteorsSox4367 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: In a Midway flight pattern
Posts: 3,863
Default

FWIW, there has been a metal detector installed at the main entrance to the office behind the plate.

I stopped by there yesterday to pick up something for our school's fundraiser and had to go through the detector before approaching the reception desk.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-27-2014, 11:48 PM
chisoxfanatic's Avatar
chisoxfanatic chisoxfanatic is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Brent Seabrook's guest room
Posts: 25,785
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
That's like eating 4 pints of B&J in one sitting. I have no doubt there are people on these forums who can do that, but I doubt they will be happy afterwards. In the past when I've been at peak weight and able to eat a lot more than I do/can now, 3 pounds at one time was pushing my limits hard. Remember that doesn't include the liquids you consume which add a pound for every pint you consume also, so if you have 2 bears with this sundae you are at 5 pounds in your belly. Most people will be in at least moderate distress if they do that.

Trust me, I speak from experience on this matter...
I can down a pint container of BJs in under 20 minutes and not feel queasy at all, which is making me curious and actually considering challenging myself to eating that sundae on my own. I think I could hold my own.
__________________
2013-2014 Blackhawks Attendance Record: 19-7-5 (Next Game: 9/23 vs. Detroit Red Wings - Preseason Opener)

26 Other Games I have (all season tickets): 10/11 vs. Buffalo (home opener), 10/16 vs. Calgary, 10/21 vs. Philadelphia, 10/28 vs. Anaheim, 11/2 vs. Winnipeg, 11/7 vs. Washington, 11/9 vs. San Jose, 11/16 vs. Dallas, 12/5 vs. Montreal, 12/16 vs. Minnesota, 12/21 vs. Toronto, 12/23 vs. Winnipeg, 1/4 vs. Dallas, 1/6 vs. Colorado, 1/16 vs. Winnipeg, 1/18 vs. Dallas, 1/20 vs. Arizona, 2/9 vs. Arizona, 2/11 vs. Vancouver, 2/20 vs. Colorado, 2/22 vs. Boston, 2/24 vs. Florida, 3/6 vs. Edmonton, 3/17 vs. New York Islanders, 3/27 vs. Columbus, 4/2 vs. Vancouver
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-28-2014, 07:51 AM
pythons007 pythons007 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Cedar Lake IN
Posts: 2,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
That's like eating 4 pints of B&J in one sitting. I have no doubt there are people on these forums who can do that, but I doubt they will be happy afterwards. In the past when I've been at peak weight and able to eat a lot more than I do/can now, 3 pounds at one time was pushing my limits hard. Remember that doesn't include the liquids you consume which add a pound for every pint you consume also, so if you have 2 bears with this sundae you are at 5 pounds in your belly. Most people will be in at least moderate distress if they do that.

Trust me, I speak from experience on this matter...
I recommend never to mix ice cream and beer...EVER! Some serious beer farts that will make an entire section hate you.
__________________


YOUR 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Harry Potter Harry Potter is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxfanatic View Post
I can down a pint container of BJs in under 20 minutes and not feel queasy at all, which is making me curious and actually considering challenging myself to eating that sundae on my own. I think I could hold my own.
Cool story, (female) bro
__________________
2014 Attendance Record: 15-11
Next Game: Thurs 9/25 vs. Royals

2013 Attendance Record: 11-22
2012 Attendance Record: 29-22
2011 Attendance Record: 15-19
2010 Attendance Record: 18-10
2009 Attendance Record: 5-9
2008 Attendance Record: 21-10
2007 Attendance Record: 6-14
2006 Attendance Record: 20-9

https://twitter.com/KJKobs
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-28-2014, 09:55 AM
MtGrnwdSoxFan MtGrnwdSoxFan is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mount Greenwood. No, really?
Posts: 3,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
I've come pretty close to destroying one of those nacho helmets by myself without much effort. Three pounds of soft-serve with all of that **** on top of it, however, is not meant to be consumed by one human being.
I have eaten a nacho helmet by myself. It's really not that big (more chips than anything). But 3 lbs. of ice cream? Ugh, pass. Just thinking about it makes my stomach bloat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxfanatic View Post
I can down a pint container of BJs in under 20 minutes and not feel queasy at all, which is making me curious and actually considering challenging myself to eating that sundae on my own. I think I could hold my own.
You have fun with that.
__________________
2014 Attendance Record: 0-0

Last Game: N/A
Next Game: TBD
Nacho Helmet Count: 0

- 2011 WSI H2H2 Keeper League Runner-up (Relatively Decent)


Frank Thomas, Hall of Famer. I love the sound of that.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-29-2014, 07:09 AM
Parrothead Parrothead is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: oak forest
Posts: 2,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewman35 View Post
I guess this thread is as good a place as any to mention the "2014 Ballpark Recommendations & Policies" that the Sox just posted at whitesox.com (I'd give the entire link but it keeps giving me error messages when I try to)

There's some interesting stuff that I'm not entirely sure we knew involving stuff like parking prices and new security, but I'm particularly interested in this:



So that implies that (for the first time in years, unless I'm out of the loop) the policy will NOT be in the place during the rest of the season, right?
I think this is one of the dumbest things the Sox do. There is a lot stuff on the main concourse that that UD tix / people can't get to. Just plain dumb. I have been to 36 major league parks and they are the only ones do something like that with the exceptions of you can't into the outfield seats / level if you have tix anywhere else in Fenway, Wrigley and County Stadium.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-29-2014, 07:31 AM
dickallen15 dickallen15 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrothead View Post
I think this is one of the dumbest things the Sox do. There is a lot stuff on the main concourse that that UD tix / people can't get to. Just plain dumb. I have been to 36 major league parks and they are the only ones do something like that with the exceptions of you can't into the outfield seats / level if you have tix anywhere else in Fenway, Wrigley and County Stadium.
There are now plenty of option to buy cheap lower level tickets, either through the team directly, or the secondary market. Problem solved.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-29-2014, 09:22 AM
Whitesox029 Whitesox029 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Chicago, in enemy territory
Posts: 2,975
Default

Would love to see the traditional intro video return instead of that bland and inaudible thing they did last year.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Harry Potter Harry Potter is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox029 View Post
Would love to see the traditional intro video return instead of that bland and inaudible thing they did last year.
I can't wiat for the annual bitchfest if/when this doesn't happen.

Actually, that's a thread I look forward to seeing started on Monday after people make it out for Opening Day, the annual USCF experience gripe thread.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-29-2014, 10:30 AM
roylestillman's Avatar
roylestillman roylestillman is online now
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Morgan Park
Posts: 2,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
I can't wiat for the annual bitchfest if/when this doesn't happen.

Actually, that's a thread I look forward to seeing started on Monday after people make it out for Opening Day, the annual USCF experience gripe thread.
Given the professional looking ads I've seen so far, I'm hoping the Homer Glen Middle School AV club has been officially retired and we do get a professional looking opening montage. I don't care if it's not the same as the 2004-2012 intro as long as it's something to get the crowd going.

....Of course it still is going to be shown on that woefully out of date scoreboard.
__________________
2014 Home Attendance Record 4-10.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-30-2014, 11:50 AM
#1swisher #1swisher is offline
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 60610
Posts: 16,469
Default

Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox
New look behind home plate. pic.twitter.com/LTsMrxbg34


__________________
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.