White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2014, 05:41 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Very few to make a difference.
But here is where the complaining about the scoreboard is happening.

The White Sox will eventually get a new video board and it will be spectacular for a year or 2, then it will be average then people here will be saying its "embarrassing".

The Royals got a big new board in 2009. Their attendance hasn't reached 2008 levels since.
Here's another example. It's not exactly the same thing, but I think the point holds:

My kids (despite my best efforts) don't really like baseball. You know what my kids do like? Fundamentals. I'm not going to go back and look, but I bet some of these same arguments were made about it back then. But the thing is, when my kids like something, I do it more. That means that I'm going to more games and they're going to more games (which helps attendance a bit now), AND the fond memories of the park they're making now makes it more likely they'll become lifelong fans of the team in the future. So, one day, they're not going to be fans because they like Fundamentals in 20 years, but maybe they will be fans because they liked it now.

For some kids, their Fundamentals might be a really giant hightech scoreboard.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:56 PM
WSI High Priest

The whole scoreboard thing frustrates me- I don't like having to look at 3 different scoreboards to get basic baseball info- especially with obstructed site lines (to the original scoreboards) created by the Fan Deck and Fundamentals areas.

I want one primary scoreboard to see the 9 inning line score, the R/H/E summary- batting orders/whos coming up for both teams and video. I don't want to look at 3-4 different scoreboards to get that info. Is it going to keep me away from games until they fix it? No.

Do I think it will improve the overall look of the ballpark and the enjoyment of the casual fan? Yes-

I went to South Bend minor league game last summer- I liked their scoreboard set up better than the one at The Cell-
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 03-21-2014, 07:47 AM
WSI Personality

My biggest irritant at the game isn't the scoreboard - it's the loud, obnoxious music that gets blared all the time.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:21 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwag View Post
My biggest irritant at the game isn't the scoreboard - it's the loud, obnoxious music that gets blared all the time.
I've read numerous reviews from outsiders who review ballparks that say the same thing.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:45 AM
WSI Personality

I just like to watch the White Sox play. I go to one game a year and there's nothing that can bother me.

I miss being so close

#teamshield
Old 03-21-2014, 11:48 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Agree 100%, its even worse at NHL games.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:03 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

Only people I've ever heard complain about this is the older crowd. It's not like music is blaring during play or in between pitches. It's used as entertainment to go along with video packages or other on field stuff (T shirt toss Dance for Da Burger etc.)
Old 03-21-2014, 03:24 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly213 View Post
Only people I've ever heard complain about this is the older crowd. It's not like music is blaring during play or in between pitches. It's used as entertainment to go along with video packages or other on field stuff (T shirt toss Dance for Da Burger etc.)
If, by "older crowd," you mean "people who enjoy conversation rather than mindlessly scanning their smartphone screens," then we are totally on the same page. Er, screen.

If the music is too loud to hear the person next to you, it's too loud, objectively.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:46 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly213 View Post
I thought it was too loud ever since the Cell opened, when I was in middle school. I still vibrate the house and blow speakers to this day, I just don't go to baseball games to have music I don't like blasted in my face. I go to watch baseball and talk to my dad and look at the ladies.