White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 11:27 AM
WSI Regular

Tons of great UD seats still available for Opening Day. I know the team lost 99 games last year, but Opening Day was always a tough ticket. Oh well, it will still be fun.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:48 PM
New At WSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Off all the ballparks I've visited- White Sox are in the bottom 20% when it comes to overall customer service- but a consistently winning team will overcome that when it comes to attendance, etc.

This ad is OK- much more professional than some of the amateur hour stuff they've produced the past few years.

Overall- I feel like the franchise is getting "back on track"- and I'm optimistic we will be one of the "surprise" teams for 2014-
I'm curious to know what puts the Sox in the bottom 20% and how many parks that includes. What are some of the biggest customer service improvements you would like to address? A consistently winning team is no excuse.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:36 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskey2000 View Post
Tons of great UD seats still available for Opening Day. I know the team lost 99 games last year, but Opening Day was always a tough ticket. Oh well, it will still be fun.
I just checked and was able to pull up 4 platinum level seats in row 14. The cold weather and it being on a Monday are two big factors. Friday opening days are always more popular. It will probably sell out or come close to selling out if the weather is nice.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:18 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Based on the number/selection of tickets available and now this I'm thinking OD is nowhere near being sold out.

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/446088703140569089
I'm not talking about Opening Day, but some games have a shockingly amount of good seats available. That's not true for weekend games thanks to partial packages, but some weekday games look like a desert of empty seats right now. The renewal rate for full season tickets must have been abysmal.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:30 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
I'm not talking about Opening Day, but some games have a shockingly amount of good seats available. That's not true for weekend games thanks to partial packages, but some weekday games look like a desert of empty seats right now. The renewal rate for full season tickets must have been abysmal.
It was, is my guess. We got to move over three sections - three (one, if that, was the most I was able to move since 2006) - and three rows closer to the field.

It *almost* made me actually want to take a piece of my own season ticket plan, but alas, that would still make zero financial sense.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 03-23-2014, 01:36 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
I like it.

BTW: Bucktown is loaded with Sox fans, that whole South vs. North thing doesn't really apply any more.
Agreed, there are a ton of us Sox fans here on the Northside (I'm in Edgewater). I liked it, the Sox represent the whole city.

Stop doing the wave! What the hell is wrong with you people?!?! Pay attention to the game!!!!
Old 03-23-2014, 08:35 PM
WSI Personality

Default Good marketing campaign

I like it. The comedy crap was dumb. This one is perfect.

Now if they can only stick to this for more than one year. There is no rule that says slogans must be changed like underwear.

I'd have no problem if they threw Good Guys Wear Black and Grinder Rules into the slogan rotation. If it ain't broke...
Old 03-25-2014, 11:57 PM
WSI Personality

I liked the marketing for 2014. For the first time in ages it doesn't feel like they are trying too hard.

As far as the poor customer service discussion at the Cell, can't say I've experienced it. I generally go to about 20 games a year and find most of the employees friendly. Sure, every once in a while I'll run into an unhelpful person, but it's more the exception than the rule. My favorite person is the nice lady who sells the brisket sandwiches. She always gives me extra pickles.

http://www.chicagonow.com/sox-stuff
Old 03-26-2014, 12:52 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien

Here are this years #WhiteSox retro racers: Hawk Harrelson, Steve Stone, Ed Farmer, Darren Jackson. Woah. pic.twitter.com/uaYCNOqjTU

<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 03-26-2014, 01:04 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufsox View Post
I liked the marketing for 2014. For the first time in ages it doesn't feel like they are trying too hard.

As far as the poor customer service discussion at the Cell, can't say I've experienced it. I generally go to about 20 games a year and find most of the employees friendly. Sure, every once in a while I'll run into an unhelpful person, but it's more the exception than the rule. My favorite person is the nice lady who sells the brisket sandwiches. She always gives me extra pickles.

I've been to 32 ballparks in my life. I would put US Cellular near or at the bottom in terms of customer service from ushers and employees working the food stands. It is very bad in comparison to other stadiums in my experience.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:25 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightTrain Veeck View Post
I'm curious to know what puts the Sox in the bottom 20% and how many parks that includes. What are some of the biggest customer service improvements you would like to address? A consistently winning team is no excuse.

I've been to 24 different MLB ballparks- the areas where I think the Sox come up short (in no particular order) are:
  1. Overall friendliness and helpfulness of the staff you encounter
  2. Overall quality and variety of food available
  3. For promotions/giveaways- many teams are "All Fans" vs. "First 20,000", etc.
  4. Overall scoreboard set up
  5. When attendence for a game is low- Sox are much more inclined to have stands completely closed or close up early
Very subjective- just my opinion-
(I'll also add- I like alot of the things they are doing this year- expanded food menu, the K Zone for Sale, etc.)
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."

Last edited by TomBradley72; 03-26-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:46 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
I've been to 24 different MLB ballparks- the areas where I think the Sox come up short (in no particular order) are:
  1. Overall friendliness and helpfulness of the staff you encounter
  2. Overall quality and variety of food available
  3. For promotions/giveaways- many teams are "All Fans" vs. "First 20,000", etc.
  4. Overall scoreboard set up
  5. When attendence for a game is low- Sox are much more inclined to have stands completely closed or close up early
Very subjective- just my opinion-
(I'll also add- I like alot of the things they are doing this year- expanded food menu, the K Zone for Sale, etc.)
I can't say I've been to 24 ballparks, but I'll take you at your word that the helpfulness of the staff is lacking, but I've never really experienced it, at least consistently.

I have to disagree on the food selection however. From the brisket sandwiches, the bao (hidden gem of the park) burger barn among others, I can't think of many stadiums with better food. Some items at certain venues (Boog's bbq a personal favorite) are better, but for variety and overall quality USCF is pretty good.

I do agree with you regarding the scoreboard set up as well. More than anything, the White Sox are just behind the curve. When the scoreboard was originally put in, it was top of the line. The line has moved up considerably since then. If nothing else the "light bulb" scoreboard needs to be jettisoned and something capable of handling more data is needed.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:45 AM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Girl Scouts of GCNWI ‏@GirlScoutsGCNWI 2m

Deadline extended to March 31 for #GirlScout Day with the @whitesox! Get your tix today: http://bit.ly/1loViZ9
Old 03-28-2014, 09:13 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufsox View Post
I can't say I've been to 24 ballparks, but I'll take you at your word that the helpfulness of the staff is lacking, but I've never really experienced it, at least consistently.

I have to disagree on the food selection however. From the brisket sandwiches, the bao (hidden gem of the park) burger barn among others, I can't think of many stadiums with better food. Some items at certain venues (Boog's bbq a personal favorite) are better, but for variety and overall quality USCF is pretty good.

I do agree with you regarding the scoreboard set up as well. More than anything, the White Sox are just behind the curve. When the scoreboard was originally put in, it was top of the line. The line has moved up considerably since then. If nothing else the "light bulb" scoreboard needs to be jettisoned and something capable of handling more data is needed.
The Sox do have above-par food selection. The problem is, you have to wait in line several innings in order to experience it. And even once you get to order, it's a crapshoot whether they'll have what you want to order, let alone be able to deliver it in an expeditious manner.

And don't tell me this doesn't apply to the standalone food carts. Last year, I stood in line for 20 minutes at the build-your-own-burrito cart, only to get to the front of the line to find out that they were out of tortillas AND the barbacoa wasn't warm yet. IT WAS THE SECOND INNING. That's terrible, but the LEAST they could have done was to make an announcement sometime during that 20 minutes that if you're waiting on a barbacoa burrito, you'll be disappointed.

I wish I could say that experience was an aberration.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:39 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milw View Post
The Sox do have above-par food selection. The problem is, you have to wait in line several innings in order to experience it. And even once you get to order, it's a crapshoot whether they'll have what you want to order, let alone be able to deliver it in an expeditious manner.

And don't tell me this doesn't apply to the standalone food carts. Last year, I stood in line for 20 minutes at the build-your-own-burrito cart, only to get to the front of the line to find out that they were out of tortillas AND the barbacoa wasn't warm yet. IT WAS THE SECOND INNING. That's terrible, but the LEAST they could have done was to make an announcement sometime during that 20 minutes that if you're waiting on a barbacoa burrito, you'll be disappointed.

I wish I could say that experience was an aberration.
I don't understand why anyone would wait in line that long for a ballpark food item. When I see long lines and they aren't moving quickly, the $12 burrito tends to be something I can live without, just like when I see lines out the door at Portillo's or other places. There are things worth the wait, but why miss the game when it's for a taco bell quality item?
Closed Thread