White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 10:08 PM
WSI Guru

Default 2014 White Sox Promotion Schedule

Includes a Chris Sale bobblehead and a Minnie Minoso statue.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:10 PM
WSI Guru

Oddly, the Sale bobblehead is a Saturday night game against the Yankees. That just doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint to me, but I am sure I don't understand all of the specifics.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Oddly, the Sale bobblehead is a Saturday night game against the Yankees. That just doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint to me, but I am sure I don't understand all of the specifics.
The first Frank Thomas one was a weekend game against the Yankees too. Weird.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:16 PM
WSI High Priest

No link?

2014: 4-8 plus Fenway and HOF weekend
2013: 4-6 plus St. Louis and Milwaukee
2012: 7-4
2011: 6-4 plus NYC parks and Minnesota
2010: 5-6
2009: 2-4 plus Pittsburgh

"Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform ó and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled."
--David Foster Wallace, () "Roger Federer as Religious Experience"
Old 01-23-2014, 10:20 PM
WSI Church Elder

The page was blank when I checked it a second ago
Old 01-23-2014, 10:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/sche...s.jsp?c_id=cws
Old 01-23-2014, 10:43 PM
WSI Personality

I'm guessing Brian may have gotten the same mailing from the Sox I did. It was offering full and partial season ticket plans and only has a partial promotions list.

I'm hoping they add a Frank Thomas Hall of Fame item. I've seen other teams give away replica HoF plaques.

April 12 vs CLE - 1983 White Sox fleece blanket
April 15-17 vs BOS - calendars
April 25 vs TB - White Sox reusable grocery tote & fireworks
April 26 vs TB - Minnie Minoso statue
May 24 vs NYY - Chris Sale Bobblehead
June 13 vs KC - Mullet Night & Fireworks
July 5 vs SEA - Kids replica jersey
Aug. 1 vs MIN - Elvis Night & Fireworks
Sept. 12 vs MIN - Halfway to St. Patrick's Day & Fireworks
Old 01-23-2014, 11:31 PM
WSI Personality

I used to love Elvis night but now it's just getting old, for the last several years my dad and I went I asked him about this year and he said no. They need to have a Beatles night or some other popular band or new festivities. Hoping for a HOF Thomas item as well
Old 01-23-2014, 11:55 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard6king6 View Post
I used to love Elvis night but now it's just getting old, for the last several years my dad and I went I asked him about this year and he said no. They need to have a Beatles night or some other popular band or new festivities.
Good God, yes. Elvis Night is like the last party guest who doesn't know when to leave. The Beatles Night is a natural considering the mop tops played Comiskey Park. How hard is it to hire a good Beatles tribute band and let them play on a re-created stage by second base? A Stones Night would be great as well.

Time to kill the Halfway to St. Patrick's Day promo, too.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:52 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
Time to kill the Halfway to St. Patrick's Day promo, too.
No ****ing way, man
Old 01-24-2014, 09:11 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxFann View Post
I'm guessing Brian may have gotten the same mailing from the Sox I did. It was offering full and partial season ticket plans and only has a partial promotions list.

I'm hoping they add a Frank Thomas Hall of Fame item. I've seen other teams give away replica HoF plaques.

April 12 vs CLE - 1983 White Sox fleece blanket
April 15-17 vs BOS - calendars
April 25 vs TB - White Sox reusable grocery tote & fireworks
April 26 vs TB - Minnie Minoso statue
May 24 vs NYY - Chris Sale Bobblehead
July 5 vs SEA - Kids replica jersey

Awesome- great to see fresh new ideas coming from Brooks Boyers' team.
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 01-24-2014, 09:21 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post

Awesome- great to see fresh new ideas coming from Brooks Boyers' team.
Great to see the annual Whinefest starting early this year.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how these games stack up against others in terms of draw? I haven't done any research, but anecdotally, it seems like at least Elvis Night is still very popular, so you really can't fault the Sox for continuing successful traditions, even if you personally are tired of them.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:26 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Based on dynamic pricing it makes perfect sense to the Sox. They would rather sell 1 ticket for $60 than 50 tickets for $25 each. This way they have a huge potential for a box office boom for the incredible walk up crowd they have been expecting since the new park opened. The next Gordon Beckham might be called up the day before this game. If that happens, JACKPOT!!! The Sox sell at least 500 tickets that they had not previously expected to sell.

The Sox do not use their promotions properly like the Giants . All you have to do is look at the Giants model for promotions and learn. They have their fans buying anything and everything. The Giants cross promote ethnic nights (more than just playing music), local fire and police department, promote their own and players personal charities, etc.

The Brewers do a pretty good job as well, and they are a much smaller market. They make it work.

I hate to say it but even the Cubs seem to be learning. They have a very interesting promo schedule this season including 9 bobblehead dates. Their bobbleheads include Gale Sayers, Red Grange and a Babe Ruth called shot piece. Do you think Sox fans would buy tickets for an AJ Pierzynski-Josh Paul dual, dropped third strike bobblehead?

The Sox arrived late to the party with the racing mascots, following the likes of the Brewers sausages, the Nationals presidents, the Pirates pierogis, among others. Now its time to to expand on the idea that they took from the other teams. No one is asking them to be innovators. Just be smart about your promotions. Give away a Carlton Fisk racing mascot this season. Then guess what? Next season you can make a Baines racing mascot. Amazingly the kids who already have the Fisk are going to want to go get the Baines one too for their set. This is ticket sales 101.

The Sox have no problem taking Steve Dahl's money for his scout seats every season. How about honoring the guy with a bobblehead? Think might sell you some tickets? How about honoring the 2005 team, or continue with the 1983 team with a bobblehead? How about some White Sox legends as a bobblehead? Do you think a Bill Veeck bobblehead would sell tickets? Andy the Clown? Mayor Daley in a Sox jersey and cap? THe ideas are limitless. The Sox wear old school jerseys on Sundays, but that doesn't sell tickets. Why not give away a Dick Allen or Wilbur Wood bobblehead? That might actually sell you some tickets.

This is more of a rant than an idea, because the White Sox as a whole, would rather complain to the media about the Sox fans not supporting the team than doing something about it.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:31 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Great to see the annual Whinefest starting early this year.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how these games stack up against others in terms of draw? I haven't done any research, but anecdotally, it seems like at least Elvis Night is still very popular, so you really can't fault the Sox for continuing successful traditions, even if you personally are tired of them.
It's not a whinefest- Boyer started off strong with interesting and unique marketing approaches and tactics- but for a number of years- the marketing and promotions strategy has become incredibly stale.

And you're right- it's just my opinion- Mullett Night is probably the "stalest" to me-
Old 01-24-2014, 04:14 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Its actually a 1:10 day game.