White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2014, 09:49 AM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Yes, that's what I heard as well, there will be satellite parking around and outside of Cooperstown and buses that run back and forth.

I think they said the record attendance for an Induction Weekend was 75,000 people, so while it is a small town, they have dealt with large crowds like this before. I think you just have to be patient and understanding.
Come on, we're Sox fans, there will be only 4,000 people there. Just ask Dave Kaplan.

Of course, if there are $9.00 bottles of Old Style for sale, Cub fans will pack the place to the gills until the ceremony is 2/3 over and then they will head to the bars.........

All hail The Rick
Old 01-11-2014, 10:17 AM
WSI High Priest

Not sure if Converted and I will go, but I made a reservation at a bed & breakfast just in case.

For those having a hard time finding rooms, bedandbreakfast.com is the place to look. For those thinking B&B's are lame and only for old people, you're wrong. They PARTY.

www.twitter.com/jasonrosko
Old 01-11-2014, 11:41 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skobabe8 View Post
Not sure if Converted and I will go, but I made a reservation at a bed & breakfast just in case.

For those having a hard time finding rooms, bedandbreakfast.com is the place to look. For those thinking B&B's are lame and only for old people, you're wrong. They PARTY.
What makes you think us old folks don't still like to party?
Old 01-11-2014, 01:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
What makes you think us old folks don't still like to party?
as long a the party ends by 9pm!
Old 07-07-2014, 09:30 PM
WSI Regular

Default HOF weekend

Since we're down to just a couple of weeks away, does anyone have any tips or tricks for being in and around Cooperstown the weekend of the induction ceremony? Is the Parade of Champions worth the effort on Saturday? How crazy is the lawn seating on Sunday and should you bring chairs or blankets? Any help would be appreciated!
Old 07-08-2014, 10:11 PM
WSI Personality

Sunday ceremony---get there as early as you can and do bring a blanket. Be prepared to walk a distance from your parking place.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:52 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisk4ever View Post
Sunday ceremony---get there as early as you can and do bring a blanket. Be prepared to walk a distance from your parking place.
I saw a bunch of sites suggesting to bring lawn chairs including a Cooperstown site recommending it too:
Quote:
Seating is unlimited and free of charge. A blanket or lawn chair is recommended for comfortable viewing. Weather in Cooperstown can be quite warm in July. It is recommended that visitors bring a cap and sunscreen.
I'll probably plan on a lawn chair since that sounds much more comfortable for being out there an extended period of time.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:01 AM
WSI Church Elder

I would strongly encourage anyone driving into town that day to leave EARLY. It's not like there are highways leading to Cooperstown. It'll be something like going to Woodstock or, for a closer comparison, Alpine Valley only without the site parking of the latter. I'd hate to hear that somebody made the trip only to get stuck in traffic and miss the ceremony. I'd figure how long it will take to get there, and then leave hours earlier than that.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:18 AM
WSI Church Elder

I will be attending and also am going to the Q&A they have the Monday after the induction. It's only for HOF members so it should be a more intimate setting to hear the 6 inductees speak.