White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2013, 01:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

Just a buyer beware warning regarding the appearance of Bo Jackson and Jim Thome...

On the Score's White Sox Weekly show Saturday, Christine O'Reilly did not commit to Jackson and Thome signing autographs. She specifically mentioned a seminar appearance and photo session with regards to both, but left it up in the air whether they would sign autographs, so don't be surprised if they don't sign autographs. I'm still hoping they do sign autographs and I'm sure O'Reilly would like that to be the case, but there's a real chance they won't. Jackson makes a decent living signing autographs at memorabilia shows and might choose to protect his earning potential a la Carlton Fisk, while Mr. Greatest Human on the Planet was not a willing signer even when he was a Sox player.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
Just a buyer beware warning regarding the appearance of Bo Jackson and Jim Thome...

On the Score's White Sox Weekly show Saturday, Christine O'Reilly did not commit to Jackson and Thome signing autographs. She specifically mentioned a seminar appearance and photo session with regards to both, but left it up in the air whether they would sign autographs, so don't be surprised if they don't sign autographs. I'm still hoping they do sign autographs and I'm sure O'Reilly would like that to be the case, but there's a real chance they won't. Jackson makes a decent living signing autographs at memorabilia shows and might choose to protect his earning potential a la Carlton Fisk, while Mr. Greatest Human on the Planet was not a willing signer even when he was a Sox player.

just pure speculation on my part based on my past dealings with Thome and Bo in terms of signing, as well as how the Sox handle autographs at sox fest but FWIW I think they both will sign. anyone who wants Bo to sign the "bo knows" photo will likely be dissapointed as he no longer signs it (even at paid events) but who knows maybe he will at sox fest

I am thinking they each do one session on Saturday and that will be it.....would not surprise me if one of them was part of the private MVP signing that occurs on Friday night.

fingers crossed they are signing....have items for each
A swing, and a high fly ball, deep right center field. This is way back in the gap. And it's a goner! A White Sox winner! A winner on a Podsednik home run, and the White Sox go up two games to nothing in the 2005 World Series.

John Rooney October 23 rd 2005....happy 25th B-Day Nelfox02!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:45 PM
WSI Regular

Why wont he sign "Bo knows" stuff? I've seen several mention it, but, no explanation on why.

Last edited by keloms; 01-04-2014 at 02:42 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:39 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by keloms View Post
Why wont he's sign "Bo knows" stuff? I've seen several mention it, but, no explanation on why.

my understanding is that there is a legal issue with the person who has the rights to that photo.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:53 PM
WSI Regular

Saturday/ Sunday passes went on sale yesterday, looked into them, after all the fees its about $160 for a pair and then you have to wait in the will call line to pick them up (only option and a $5 fee for two passes).
I just cant justify it even though I feel the need for a baseball fix about now...
Just greedy pricing
Old 01-04-2014, 06:06 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
after all the fees its about $160 for a pair and then you have to wait in the will call line to pick them up (only option and a $5 fee for two passes).
I think I know why the Sox do this. Keep in mind, your "ticket" into the event isn't a typical ticket with a bar code that can be scanned. It's a laminated pass on a lanyard. If these things were sent out weeks in advance, there are some potential complications that could occur in the era of scanners, color printers and ready accessible laminating, notwithstanding the nightmare of the passes getting lost in the mail. The Sox don't use delivery confirmation either. I've received season tickets in a plain yellow envelope before. I can see why they want you to pick them up in person.

2014 Attendance Record: 3-3, 0.500
Old 01-05-2014, 05:33 PM
WSI Regular

Icon9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
I think I know why the Sox do this. Keep in mind, your "ticket" into the event isn't a typical ticket with a bar code that can be scanned. It's a laminated pass on a lanyard. If these things were sent out weeks in advance, there are some potential complications that could occur in the era of scanners, color printers and ready accessible laminating, notwithstanding the nightmare of the passes getting lost in the mail. The Sox don't use delivery confirmation either. I've received season tickets in a plain yellow envelope before. I can see why they want you to pick them up in person.
Good points, my experience at the Palmer house waiting and line to pick up tickets has been extremely frustrating and a waste of time. They are probably also trying to manage resale although at those prices I cant believe there would be much of a market.

I'm probably stuck in the past but I much preferred the old ways and the venue of the Hyatt. I really enjoyed Sox fest in the 90's and early 2000's but that experience does not exist anymore.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:11 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
I'm probably stuck in the past but I much preferred the old ways and the venue of the Hyatt. I really enjoyed Sox fest in the 90's and early 2000's but that experience does not exist anymore.
I liked the Hyatt too, and I remember getting tickets for free or buying them for $15.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:35 PM
WSI Church Elder

What would be even greater is for Adam Dunn to move into that column.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan1983 View Post
Great lineup of former players so far.
Originally Posted by My_Sox_Summer View Post
They just added Thome and Bo Jackson. HUGE.

"Jackson and Thome join current players Jose Abreu, Adam Dunn, Adam Eaton, Avisail Garcia, Erik Johnson, Nate Jones, Paul Konerko, Matt Lindstrom, Josh Phegley, Alexei Ramirez and Marcus Semien, and White Sox prospect Micah Johnson, who all are scheduled to be at SoxFest. Other former Sox players planning to attend, including Ron Kittle, Carlos May, Minnie Minoso, Tom Paciorek, Gary Peters and Frank Thomas. White Sox manager Robin Ventura also will be in attendance, as well as pitching coach Don Cooper and new hitting coach Todd Steverson."
Old 01-09-2014, 10:44 AM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 2m

White Sox announce Bobby Jenks has been added to SoxFest. Very good lineup for weekend of Jan. 24-26 at Palmer House Hilton
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 01-09-2014, 10:58 AM
WSI Regular

I am a little bit surprised that Beckham isn't attending.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:22 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenk16 View Post
I am a little bit surprised that Beckham isn't attending.
No Beckham, Sale, Danks, Danks, Davidson, Quintana, Flowers, Keppinger, Gillaspie, etc
Old 01-10-2014, 07:45 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty99 View Post
No Beckham, Sale, Danks, Danks, Davidson, Quintana, Flowers, Keppinger, Gillaspie, etc
Good call. Danks and Sale have been there the last couple years as well. I was hoping that they would add Davidson, but with Soxfest only 2 weeks away I'm guessing Jenks may be the last addition.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:46 AM
WSI Church Elder

Perhaps they're holding back the announcement of Sale's appearance so they can release it sometime in the next two weeks in order to get some additional free press for the event.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:18 PM
WSI Regular

Kinda funny, cause last year the demand for Sale was very minimal. Got his auto pretty easily. Peavy was the tough one, didn't get his.