White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #286  
Old 01-05-2014, 04:01 PM
amsteel amsteel is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,132
Default

Eaton sounds like a guy who's schtick is great and inspiring when you're winning and annoying and tiring when you're losing.

AKA: 'Nick Swisher Syndrome'
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 01-05-2014, 04:09 PM
KRS1 KRS1 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Eaton sounds like a guy who's schtick is great and inspiring when you're winning and annoying and tiring when you're losing.

AKA: 'Nick Swisher Syndrome'
Dear Jebus, kid hasn't even played a game in our uni and this has started?
__________________
People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 01-05-2014, 04:11 PM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
Dear Jebus, kid hasn't even played a game in our uni and this has started?
Sure! Based on the opinion of one anonymous teammate who played like a handful of games with him!
__________________
Ridiculousness across all sports:

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 01-06-2014, 07:44 AM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 25,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Eaton sounds like a guy who's schtick is great and inspiring when you're winning and annoying and tiring when you're losing.

AKA: 'Nick Swisher Syndrome'
He never played for Ozzie Guillen.
__________________

All hail The Rick
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 01-06-2014, 10:14 AM
asindc's Avatar
asindc asindc is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 7,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Eaton sounds like a guy who's schtick is great and inspiring when you're winning and annoying and tiring when you're losing.

AKA: 'Nick Swisher Syndrome'
I disagree, mainly because I have no evidence to suggest that I should agree.
__________________
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)


"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:26 PM
SI1020 SI1020 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Deep in the heart of Dixie
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Eaton sounds like a guy who's schtick is great and inspiring when you're winning and annoying and tiring when you're losing.

AKA: 'Nick Swisher Syndrome'
He sounds like a guy that I don't have much of a clue about so I think I'll just wait and see. Maybe give him the benefit of the doubt in the meantime.
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Bobby Thigpen Bobby Thigpen is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: "Downstate" Illinois
Posts: 3,699
Default

His little video with Reed did come off as rather Brotastic, so he's got that Swisher trait down at least.
__________________
"I told you I'd give my left nut to help this team." Paul Konerko
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:31 PM
spawn's Avatar
spawn spawn is offline
Everybody's All-American
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: My Mother's Basement, Plainfield,Il.
Posts: 11,704
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asindc View Post
I disagree, mainly because I have no evidence to suggest that I should agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
He sounds like a guy that I don't have much of a clue about so I think I'll just wait and see. Maybe give him the benefit of the doubt in the meantime.
My sentiments exactly.
__________________


A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:43 PM
DonnieDarko DonnieDarko is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northwest Side, 60626
Posts: 1,912
Default

Well, if this Adam Eaton fellow really IS a Swisher personality type, maybe he learned that he needs to shut his mouth every once in awhile?

This is even assuming that such accusations that are being leveled against him are even true, which I've yet to see substantiated.
__________________

2014 PtC Score: 1
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:47 PM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 25,942
Default

Other than this anonymous player (who maybe is upset he wasn't the one traded to the White Sox?), are there any stories or gossip that Eaton is a jerk? I'll let someone else do the Google search, I'm too busy.
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:53 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 14,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
Other than this anonymous player (who maybe is upset he wasn't the one traded to the White Sox?), are there any stories or gossip that Eaton is a jerk? I'll let someone else do the Google search, I'm too busy.
SouthSideSox had a post about this where they had a couple of quotes I believe from anonymous players, but they also pointed out that the Diamondbacks have a history of bashing players they trade.
__________________

Go Sox!!!
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 01-06-2014, 01:05 PM
blandman blandman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
SouthSideSox had a post about this where they had a couple of quotes I believe from anonymous players, but they also pointed out that the Diamondbacks have a history of bashing players they trade.
That included Adam Dunn's work ethic, so there's evidence they speak the truth too.
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 01-06-2014, 01:30 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 14,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
That included Adam Dunn's work ethic, so there's evidence they speak the truth too.
That was actually whispered at least quite a bit. The Reds were desperate to get rid of him and after his stint with the Diamondbacks, the Nationals were the only team to offer him a contract.
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 01-06-2014, 01:37 PM
ClutchHarold#3 ClutchHarold#3 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Itasca
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Thigpen View Post
His little video with Reed did come off as rather Brotastic, so he's got that Swisher trait down at least.
Wrong guy - that was Matt Davidson.
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 01-06-2014, 01:55 PM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,196
Default

This Eaton is a jerk discussion is about as bad as steroid speculation discussions.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.