White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the Sporting News ROTY award, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who will the Sox trade first this off-season?
Quintana 3 4.41%
Santiago 13 19.12%
de Aza 12 17.65%
Alexei 14 20.59%
Beckham 15 22.06%
Dunn 5 7.35%
Viciedo 2 2.94%
Reed 8 11.76%
Reinzo 2 2.94%
Johnson 0 0%
OTHER - Specify 1 1.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2013, 01:44 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
He was asking why you'd trade Dunn for crap at this point. Yeah, he's expensive, but that money isn't holding us back at all, and he isn't blocking a better prospect. And despite how "demoralizing" he is, he hit twice as many HR as the next closest teammate, and drove in 24 more runs than the next closest (both are De Aza, which is pretty damning in itself). It's the entire lineup that's demoralizing. Trading your best hitter because it'd make some fan feel better about him not being around anymore is idiotic.
You said it more eloquently than I did.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:55 PM
WSI Church Elder

And maybe the best strategy with Dunn is hope that he gets off to a decent start and has 20+ homers by June. In that event, there will be probably be a market for him among teams who feel that they a bat short to make a push at a division crown or a wild card spot.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:13 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards press box View Post
And maybe the best strategy with Dunn is hope that he gets off to a decent start and has 20+ homers by June. In that event, there will be probably be a market for him among teams who feel that they a bat short to make a push at a division crown or a wild card spot.
Players dont command much going into a FA year. The very best the Sox could get is a marginal prospect and a dump of the rest of next years salary. Thats not going to help the club at all. The bottom line is that the Dunn situation is a lost cause and will be over soon.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:20 PM
WSI Regular

I respectfully disagree with my fellow Sox fans. I think of no scenario the Sox are better team with Adam Dunn in the lineup, starting the first game of the year. You can rationalize the numbers, but there isn't any team that would not walk to get to him in a critical situation. So I think he should be the first to be traded, even if the Sox had to eat some money. This would send a message that they are committed to winning this year.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:18 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danryan View Post
I respectfully disagree with my fellow Sox fans. I think of no scenario the Sox are better team with Adam Dunn in the lineup, starting the first game of the year. You can rationalize the numbers, but there isn't any team that would not walk to get to him in a critical situation. So I think he should be the first to be traded, even if the Sox had to eat some money. This would send a message that they are committed to winning this year.
What exactly are they going to win by trading Adam Dunn? There are more problems on this team than just Adam Dunn. The White Sox are not the Red Sox; they cannot and will not be able to make enough moves this offseason to compete next season. Not going to happen. And that's not the direction they should be going in. They need to address not only the major league roster but the farm system and trying to go for it again next year is only going to lead to more of the same problems. I'm tired of watching a .500 team try to 'compete' because the bull-headed GM thinks he can catch lightning in a bottle every year. It's time for a new approach, one that tries to address the issues this team faces and build for the future. I'd much rather support a team that knows it is in a transitional period and is working to get better rather than being fed the same **** about trying to win it all every single year.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:21 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danryan View Post
Exactly how does replacing our best offensive player with a ****ty AAA nobody who won't be able to hit his weight show a commitment to winning?

edit: There isn't a move that could possibly be made that would transform the roster we have right now into a winner. It's going to take time.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:10 PM
WSI High Priest

Ugh do we really think Hahn is as stupid as this? Why dump Dunn now? This team sucks. Let him play, hope he hits, and trade him at the deadline to a team needing a power hitter for a few specs. Let's stop pretending we are committed to winning in 2014.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:26 PM
WSI High Priest

The "Santiago" people win this question with the "Reed" people off by 6 days.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:50 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
Ugh do we really think Hahn is as stupid as this? Why dump Dunn now? This team sucks. Let him play, hope he hits, and trade him at the deadline to a team needing a power hitter for a few specs. Let's stop pretending we are committed to winning in 2014.
Agree. He should be very movable come July, especially if a team with a weak DH is contending.
I see De Aza, and maybe Beckham, being traded before February and that's about it.