White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2013, 02:02 PM
WSI Personality

I'm really liking what Hahn has been doing so far. He actually has a plan in place and is following through with it, unlike Kenny (who would just shoot from the hip and hope for the best).

Now...we just need a catcher.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:05 PM
WSI's 2010 Preseason Prediction Contest Winner

Does Arizona have an MLB-ready catcher? What else can we fleece them for?
Old 12-16-2013, 02:06 PM
WSI Church Elder

I don't like this move, I LOVE this move.

Way to go Hahn! There's finally a sense of direction with this team.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:13 PM
WSI Church Elder

It's amazing all the young talent Hahn is acquiring without giving up a whole lot. Abreu, Garcia, Eaton, and now Davidson. Now if some of the drafted talent can come up and be contributors the Sox will be in great shape for years to come.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:15 PM
WSI Personality

I will miss Reed as i am a season ticket holder by the bullpen. Addison and Santiago who are now both gone were the only 2 pitchers who constantly came over and interacted with the fans. Personally I will miss Reed but on the other hand this is a great move!!! We are going with young mostly ready major league talent.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:20 PM
WSI Church Elder

Rick Hahn has methodically made the Sox younger and better. This off season has been great and the future looks strong!

And remember, it is still only December. The Sox may still make more moves this off season.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:28 PM
WSI Church Elder

Encouraging move; there is reason for optimism on the South Side.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:28 PM
WSI Personality

Very nice move. I love the direction of getting younger and Top 100 prospects for moveable pieces. Im not a prospect guru, but if you get enough of them you're sure to hit on a few.

And as a rebuilding club we can sign some bullpen arms to 1 or 2 year deals on the cheap when all the pieces settle, and not have to be too picky as to getting a specific player. Then when they turn out to be decent we can flip them at the trade deadline. Seems to happen every year. Nice way to rebuild.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Everybody's All-American

I hate to use the "C" word here, but in year one of this rebuild, The Sox seem a little further along than the Cubs in their second year of rebuilding. I'm not sensing a lot of excitement from their fans. Theo may be getting the publicity, but Hahn seems to have more of a plan and is following through on it.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03
Old 12-16-2013, 02:29 PM
WSI Prelate

I'll join the group in loving this trade. Hahn is doing great this offseason.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 12-16-2013, 02:32 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
I hate to use the "C" word here, but in year one of this rebuild, The Sox seem a little further along than the Cubs in their second year of rebuilding. I'm not sensing a lot of excitement from their fans. Theo may be getting the publicity, but Hahn seems to have more of a plan and is following through on it.
I don't follow them at all but it sure seems like it has been more than 2 years of their Theo rebuilding plan.

I agree, seems like Hahn has a vision and is making things happen. Good for him.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:41 PM
WSI Prelate

I can already tell I am going to watch a **** more games this year than last.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:46 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard6king6 View Post
I will miss Reed as i am a season ticket holder by the bullpen. Addison and Santiago who are now both gone were the only 2 pitchers who constantly came over and interacted with the fans. Personally I will miss Reed but on the other hand this is a great move!!! We are going with young mostly ready major league talent.
Reed and Santiago were the last two regular closers for the White Sox. Santiago started the 2012 season in the role. He faltered and Reed took over through 2012 and 2013.

Jones is probably the leading candidate among the White Sox management to close in 2014. He probably has the best stuff for one inning as anyone on the staff. On one hand, I didn't think the Sox had enough bullpen talent to trade Reed this offseason.

The Sox must believe highly in Davidson, though. I don't know that Davidson has developed with the Diamondbacks expectations. He didn't look like a future star in Reno last season. I thought he could have used more plate discipline. But he is still very young. Maybe, I hope Sox scouts saw something in him that shows up in a Sox uniform.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:48 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

I wonder if the Sox are planning on starting him off in the minors this year. If they plan on giving him 3rd, keppinger should be easy to unload considering what uribe recently got. If not, keppinger should be easy to get rid of at trade deadline.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:49 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
This is probably a whole different thread- but Theo is the proven commodity with a plan that hase been articulated for over a year- and they are really working the communication process with their season ticket holders. A friend of mine is a partial season ticket holder- and attended a season ticket holder event at the Cadillac Theater where the Cubs laid out their plans, etc.- he said it was really well done and it worked in getting the fan base excited.

The Sox have been much more low key- no big communications on the "grand plan" etc- and alot of that plan just happened in the past few weeks. What Hahn has done- shows the value of good pitching(as trade bait) when you're trying to rebuild.

As always- pitching is an after thought on the north side- not much there when Epstein took over- and not much in the farm system today.
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."