White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2013, 05:36 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
You aren't even addressing my point. You are establishing a defense for an attack on your belief system which was never made. I don't recall singling you as some sort of self-important moron who needs to get over himself. I also know that an on-base percentage that isn't founded in a solid batting average is meaningless, especially among minor leaguers because major league pitchers are more likely to challenge them with strikes.
And that's absolutely not ****ing true, high OBP regardless of the BA that's attached with it, is a positive sign for a developing hitter because it displays solid command and understanding of the strike zone. Yeah, you're right, guys will be challenged by better pitchers at higher levels, which is why you want guys who have the patience and eye to lay off bad **** at the lower levels. You actually think a guy who can't help himself from swinging at A-ball level junk is going to have any kind of success in the Majors? That's a larf.