White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2013, 12:10 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
I'm guessing that the Cubs will still have games on WGN-TV after 2014. All they did hear was exercise their option on their contract. They'll probably be back at a higher fee for WGN.

The Cubs have a deal with CSN until 2019, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end their partnership with CSN and the other Chicago teams after that to start their own cable network.

MLB.TV isn't just for computers. If you have a streaming device like a Roku, you can stream games to your TV in HD quality. The last two years, I got MLB.TV starting around mid-June through the rest of the season for $50 for the remainder of those seasons.
I agree. This is like threatening to move out of Wrigleyville. Where else are they going to go? They will get more money, but I can't see them leaving WGN. They could create their own station, but that requires a ton of money and they would have a ridiculous amount of programming to fill. Ask Oprah about starting your own network.