White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2013, 09:02 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylestillman View Post
Well there goes Dave Kaplan's second choice as Cubbie manager.

They can't hire Sveum back since he signed with KC.

2013 Attendance Record: 7-9, .438
Old 11-03-2013, 09:07 AM
WSI Church Elder

I'm still gonna go all conspiracy theory here: the Tigers are a playoff ready team and the favorites to win the division for likely the next 2 years...and the best they can do is Brad Ausmus?
Old 11-03-2013, 09:10 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
A no experience guy. Of course many of the people who complained about that when the Sox hired Ventura, and still complain now,including the poster who said he knew high school coaches more qualified, will say it is totally different.
Strictly not no experience, he managed Team Israel in the WBC qualifiers.

Insert WBC joke here.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:54 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
I'm still gonna go all conspiracy theory here: the Tigers are a playoff ready team and the favorites to win the division for likely the next 2 years...and the best they can do is Brad Ausmus?
So what is the conspiracy?
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell
Old 11-03-2013, 10:53 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by asindc View Post
So what is the conspiracy?
The league is colluding to allow Boston/New York an easier path to the Series? That's all I could come up with.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:02 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
...I'm sure some of these sources are "bloggers," and we all know they are more reliable than a Tarot Card Reader.......
Probably not. Bloggers generally don't have access to sources could be seriously trusted or the training and experience to know and develop them if they were to stumble on to such access.

As for Ausmus, I think it's interesting that the Tigers would go Leyland to a manager with no experience. I have long believed that managerial experience was overrated. I'm certainly not surprised the Tigers didn't go after Dusty Baker.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:32 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
A no experience guy. Of course many of the people who complained about that when the Sox hired Ventura, and still complain now,including the poster who said he knew high school coaches more qualified, will say it is totally different.
Waiting for the "going cheap" posters here to beat up Illich. Got to say I'm as surprised as I've ever been. The guy must be a dynamite interview. Plus they must be figuring that the opposite choice, Leyland, couldn't get them to Point C.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
Probably not. Bloggers generally don't have access to sources could be seriously trusted or the training and experience to know and develop them if they were to stumble on to such access.
Bloggers are the only journalists who have their fingers firmly on the pulse of what is going on. This is what we have been told.

The conspiracy, to respond to an earlier post, is to keep the Cubs job open for when Girardi comes to his senses and walks out on the Yankees for the Cubs. Who wouldn't do that?

All hail The Rick
Old 11-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSox2K3 View Post
Anyway, surely the Tigers have some former player/fan favorite with little or no coaching experience available to be their next manager.
You were saying???

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03
Old 11-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Patently false. Working on the internet does not preclude one from both having a degree in journalism or networking legitimate connections.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:08 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Patently false. Working on the internet does not preclude one from both having a degree in journalism or networking legitimate connections.
Working on the Internet also does not require any responsibility.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Working on the Internet also does not require any responsibility.
Once again, patently false. This is a lie tactic used by the old guard to undermine the internet as a news source.

I'm happy not to have this conversation, but if you're going to continue to be-smudge internet journalists on the premise that they're somehow inferior because their job is on the internet, I'm going to call out your lies every time.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:37 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Ausmus is well regarded as a managerial candidate, despite his lack of experience. I'm surprised the Astros didn't give him a shot last offseason.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:56 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Once again, patently false. This is a lie tactic used by the old guard to undermine the internet as a news source.

I'm happy not to have this conversation, but if you're going to continue to be-smudge internet journalists on the premise that they're somehow inferior because their job is on the internet, I'm going to call out your lies every time.
I don't know how happy you are. The last time you started this, you insulted me and before I could respond shut down the thread forbidden political statements that had no contact with the reality I was discussing.

At this point, I really don't care if you want to call me a liar because I know how to consider a source.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
I don't know how happy you are. The last time you started this, you insulted me and before I could respond shut down the thread forbidden political statements that had no contact with the reality I was discussing.

At this point, I really don't care if you want to call me a liar because I know how to consider a source.
You don't think your point of view is insulting to people who work on the internet?

Let me tell you, I have lots of friends who are journalists. Most work on the internet now, and almost all of them have blogs. The one that still works in print for a Chicago newspaper is EMBARRASSED that it's the only work he can find. I know that in your time things were different, but today working in print is not something to aspire to. Print is dying, and it's not only because the internet exists. It's because of who controls the print.