White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2013, 10:07 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

I keep mine because if/when they ever do get good again, getting them BACK will come with 30000 different caveats, and the Sox usually can't keep track of 2. Example; when I became a partial holder in 2002 i was offered SC membership. After success, new ST holders could not become SC members unless they bought a FULL season. Now they're selling them per game as Bacardi took some of the customers away. I guess the bottom line is I'd rather keep what I have than get rid of it and have to jump trough hoops to get it back. Plus I do enjoy the ST parties and such (though I was NOT invited to yesterdays' to-do)
Old 10-30-2013, 10:25 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko View Post
I keep mine because if/when they ever do get good again, getting them BACK will come with 30000 different caveats, and the Sox usually can't keep track of 2. Example; when I became a partial holder in 2002 i was offered SC membership. After success, new ST holders could not become SC members unless they bought a FULL season. Now they're selling them per game as Bacardi took some of the customers away. I guess the bottom line is I'd rather keep what I have than get rid of it and have to jump trough hoops to get it back. Plus I do enjoy the ST parties and such (though I was NOT invited to yesterdays' to-do)
It was pretty easy to get them in 2006.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 10-30-2013, 11:50 AM
WSI High Priest

I was a season ticketholder for many years then we ditched them in 2012, did the stubhub thing. Went back last year with a weekend plan for upper deck that was $297 for 27 games. $11 a game. We sat in the lower bowl every game. Got the season ticketholder party, a new season ticketholder event which included 2 tickets to a game against Boston with a patio party, and we received the 1983 replica jersey.

The Sox were bad, but the games were usually pretty fun. I love afternoon games myself, I know a lot of people prefer the night contests.
We will renew. You can't get beat $11 per game on stubhub with fees, and if the unusual occurs, we will be sitting pretty for playoff tickets.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:51 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
I was a season ticketholder for many years then we ditched them in 2012, did the stubhub thing. Went back last year with a weekend plan for upper deck that was $297 for 27 games. $11 a game. We sat in the lower bowl every game. Got the season ticketholder party, a new season ticketholder event which included 2 tickets to a game against Boston with a patio party, and we received the 1983 replica jersey.

The Sox were bad, but the games were usually pretty fun. I love afternoon games myself, I know a lot of people prefer the night contests.
We will renew. You can't get beat $11 per game on stubhub with fees, and if the unusual occurs, we will be sitting pretty for playoff tickets.
This is a great plan. Well, except that the tickets have practically no resale value if you don't go to every game.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:23 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
This is a great plan. Well, except that the tickets have practically no resale value if you don't go to every game.
Right, but because we normally sit in the $40 and up seats, getting nothing for an $11 ticket really is no big deal. We can miss half the games and more than get our money's worth. We did miss 2 games this year.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:38 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
And that you can walk to the ticket window and get upper deck tickets to every game for $5-$7.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:14 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfourni View Post
And that you can walk to the ticket window and get upper deck tickets to every game for $5-$7.
Yes, but season tickets have perks, the 2 parties, season ticketholder gift, plus access to the lower level, plus playoff tickets if they make it. To me it was well worth it, and we will keep doing it. If you re-up for next year, you get a discount at the Sports Depot. Probably will make the prices the same as normal places.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:29 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfourni View Post
Access to the lower level is worth the extra money.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:40 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
You can do the same thing by getting a small plan of the $5/7 tickets. The tickets are the ticketmaster style but have "Lower Level Access" printed on them.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:03 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Definitely, the Upper Deck is fine when there's a good crowd, but when it's empty up there, it sucks
Old 10-31-2013, 04:05 PM
WSI Church Elder

FWIW, the invoice and other STH information comes in a thick, fancy envelope with the White Sox logo in the return address space. When I first looked at it, I thought maybe I was being invited to Gordon Beckham's wedding!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:19 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Definitely, the Upper Deck is fine when there's a good crowd, but when it's empty up there, it sucks
Getting down to the lower level without a season ticket holder ticket is not very difficult.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:09 PM
WSI Regular

Surprised (and happy) about the new payment feature - you can spread your payments in 1/5 chunks and stretch out the payments to May 1st!
No service charge or interest, just set up an auto pay on a credit card.
Every little bit helps.

Five payments: 1st 20% payment due by 11/22/13, 2nd 20% payment due 1/15/14, 3rd 20% payment due 3/1/14, 4th 20% payment due 4/1/14. Final 20% payment due 5/1/14.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:11 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
This. The only reason to get them.

I bought two 15 game plans, and a 7 gamer. I easily bought 35 to 40 more games though my ticket person. Kinda bummed that didn't qualify me for season's, as I know I purchased well over 81 tickets. Not as bummed since there is no way I can rock an XL jersey.

I will keep a plan for me (more than likely a weekend plan in the $7) and buy as many though my ticket person as possible. Access to the lowers is well worth it, even if you miss a game or two.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:27 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
Surprised (and happy) about the new payment feature - you can spread your payments in 1/5 chunks and stretch out the payments to May 1st!
No service charge or interest, just set up an auto pay on a credit card.
Every little bit helps.

Five payments: 1st 20% payment due by 11/22/13, 2nd 20% payment due 1/15/14, 3rd 20% payment due 3/1/14, 4th 20% payment due 4/1/14. Final 20% payment due 5/1/14.
But if you pay it all at once, you only have to be reminded of a horrible decision once!