White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2013, 10:07 AM
WSI Regular

Post Today is a Holy Day!

Happy October 26 everybody! The White Sox wrapped up a Game 3 victory and won Game 4 to complete a World Series sweep on this date in 2005. Great pitching. Clutch hitting. Excellent fielding. Tight games. That series was much sharper than the comedy of errors we are seeing this year.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:15 PM
WSI High Priest

It's crazy to think that one more season and they're going to have some kind of ten year anniversary.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:24 PM
WSI Prelate

Has it really been eight years already? Amazing considering it feels like just yesterday. Can today's White Sox do something to get back there?
Old 10-26-2013, 01:58 PM
WSI Church Elder

Happy Anniversary everyone! I never thought the Sox would win a WS in my lifetime. One more would be great.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:09 PM
WSI High Priest

Hard to believe it's been 8 years already.
If there's one thing this franchise no matter who the owner, manager or players are is the concept of a dynasty. It's hard to believe they have never been to the post season 2 consecutive years. Some of it has to do with bad luck, the teams from 1951 to 1967 just had the misfortune of getting beat out by some of the greatest Yankee teams of the last century. The other thing is if the Sox had not thrown the 1919 Series would it have become a dynasty, good chance that it would have.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:48 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
The other thing is if the Sox had not thrown the 1919 Series would it have become a dynasty, good chance that it would have.
I think that it is right. Look at it this way, the Black Sox scandal nearly destroyed the franchise and, in a way, almost led to relocation on three different occasions (1969, 1976 and 1988). But, thankfully, that didn't happen and we still have our White Sox.

And, with a little luck, the Sox could be back in the post-season sooner than some people think.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:17 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvora View Post
It's crazy to think that one more season and they're going to have some kind of ten year anniversary.
Yep, and unlike that OTHER "10 Year Anniversary" that was talked about last week, this one will be the REAL DEAL!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 11:33 AM
WSI Regular

We will always have that -nobody can take those experiences and memories away (well maybe Mr. Altheimer)
Old 10-27-2013, 06:10 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
... The other thing is if the Sox had not thrown the 1919 Series would it have become a dynasty, good chance that it would have.
I'm not sure that the Sox would have been a dynasty so much as a perennial contender. In 1920, the Sox had a really great year, and if the Indians hadn't been just about as good, the Sox would have gone to the World Series even with the seven players suspended for the last three games of the season. Babe Ruth was already hitting 50 homers for the Yankees in 1920, before the scandal broke, when Joe Jackson had only a dozen. Lou Gehrig, having grown up in New York and playing baseball at Columbia, was probably still going to the Yankees in just about any alternate history. When you get to 1927, Lou Gehrig hit more homers than half the teams in the league, and Babe Ruth hit more than 25 percent more homers than Gehrig, as well as more than any AL team but the Yankees.

I used to hear older White Sox fans talking about how 1919 prevented the White Sox from having the dynasty the White Sox should have had. But I think the Yankees dynasty was inevitable with Ruth and Gehrig teamed together.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:03 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sageofthesox View Post
Happy October 26 everybody! The White Sox wrapped up a Game 3 victory and won Game 4 to complete a World Series sweep on this date in 2005. Great pitching. Clutch hitting. Excellent fielding. Tight games. That series was much sharper than the comedy of errors we are seeing this year.

The 2005 World Series was amazing and I LOVED every second of it.

Happy Anniversary, Sox fans!

October 26 is also my wedding anniversary (as you may know), so this weekend, my husband and I rented Divvy Bikes and rode all around Chicago (north side). It was a gorgeous fall weekend and we could not have asked for better weather.

Oh yeah, almost forgot: sig update time!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Doc1.jpg (108.6 KB, 24 views)
October26 - Twenty-SEVEN years ago, I married my husband on October 26. Since that day, we have been blessed with a wonderful family. Then, on October 26, 2005, when the baseball gods bestowed their good fortunes upon us, we saw the White Sox win the World Series. An incredibly talented team of grinders made every Sox fan's dream come true. My family and I celebrated with reckless abandon. And now, we look forward to that day when our White Sox will once again be World Series Champions!
Old 10-30-2013, 03:17 PM
WSI Church Elder

It's also the birthday of many cool people. Best present ever.