White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who wins the 2013 NLCS?
St. Louis Cardinals 9 36.00%
Los Angeles Dodgers 16 64.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2013, 03:07 PM
MMXXIII

Default NLCS - Dodgers/Cardinals Poll & Thread

Surprised this hasn't been made yet, at any rate, the schedule is as follows:

Game 1 - at St. Louis - Friday, October 11
Game 2 - at St. Louis - Saturday, October 12
Game 3 - at Los Angeles - Monday, October 14
Game 4 - at Los Angeles - Tuesday, October 15
Game 5 - at Los Angeles - Wednesday, October 16
Game 6 - at St. Louis - Friday, October 18
Game 7 - at St. Louis - Saturday, October 19

I am digging the new condensed play-off series, but still hate the 2-3-2 format.

0-2

LAST GAME: April 16 - Boston 6, Sox 4 (14)
NEXT GAME: April 26 vs. Tampa Bay
Old 10-10-2013, 04:00 PM
WSI Church Elder

The Dodgers have their pitching set up favorably and I'll be pulling hard for them but I everytime I pick against the Cardinals they win so I'm picking them in the hope that this pattern of opposite results holds. Completely moronic with no established scientific, spiritual, or karmic basis for support? Absolutely. But I gotta do something.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:22 PM
WSI High Priest

I'll be cheering for Juan Uribe to win his third ring.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Old 10-10-2013, 06:27 PM
WSI Church Elder

I actually would like to see the Dodgers win, but I think the Cardinals will.

I need to go find that article or tweet I saw this morning - something like 17 of the Cardinals' roster were prospects brought up through their system? That sounds almost unbelievable to me.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:36 PM
WSI Church Elder

Let the Cardinal hatefest begin:

http://deadspin.com/why-your-cardinals-suck-1443513646
Old 10-11-2013, 01:58 PM
WSI Regular

I actually like both of these teams (the opposite in the AL since I can't stand Det or Bos), but I'm leaning Cardinals. Whoever wins I hope they go on to win the World Series.

And let me just say how jealous I am of the Cardinals organization. They're everything I wish the White Sox would be. Through injuries and stars leaving in free agency they just keep getting to the post season and keep winning.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:15 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxFann View Post
I actually like both of these teams (the opposite in the AL since I can't stand Det or Bos), but I'm leaning Cardinals. Whoever wins I hope they go on to win the World Series.

And let me just say how jealous I am of the Cardinals organization. They're everything I wish the White Sox would be. Through injuries and stars leaving in free agency they just keep getting to the post season and keep winning.
I like the Cardinals and grew up going to one or two Cards games each summer, and am rather indifferent towards the Dodgers. That said, I'd like to see a Dodgers-Tigers World Series, as I think LA-Detroit would have some good pitching matchups.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1; Orlando Hudson and Alex Rios walkoffs.
14: 1-0; Opening Day 5-3 win vs Twins.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:16 PM
MMXXIII

Something about the way the Dodgers play has drawn me to them, much more than the rest of the remaining field in either league, they feel almost like that very talented but perpetually drunk softball team at your park league. You never have any idea which team is going to show up, one night they're all business, the next night, half the team is plastered, it makes for great drama. I never have any idea what Yasiel Puig is going to do, Juan Uribe is the kind of guy who will look absolutely miserable all night and then crush a monster home run with the game on the line... They're just more colorful than the rest of the league. The Cardinals seem to have the likability of a 25-man crew of murderous Terminator robots just out to kill everything with no soul. So I am pulling for Los Angeles.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:08 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Something about the way the Dodgers play has drawn me to them, much more than the rest of the remaining field in either league, they feel almost like that very talented but perpetually drunk softball team at your park league. You never have any idea which team is going to show up, one night they're all business, the next night, half the team is plastered, it makes for great drama. I never have any idea what Yasiel Puig is going to do, Juan Uribe is the kind of guy who will look absolutely miserable all night and then crush a monster home run with the game on the line... They're just more colorful than the rest of the league. The Cardinals seem to have the likability of a 25-man crew of murderous Terminator robots just out to kill everything with no soul. So I am pulling for Los Angeles.
I just want to see Kershaw, Ryu and Greinke take on Verlander, Scherzer and Sanchez.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:05 PM
WSI High Priest

Location: In the water barrel off the now-finished Borman Expressway

Another one I would have picked meteor for.

The lesser of two evils, however, and the team that simply won't die no matter how many stakes you drive through their hearts, I have to go with the Cardinals.

First time in forever I can remember not really having a team that I could at least respect left at this stage.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

2013 Attendance Record: 0-1

JACK....BACK IN 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2013, 04:18 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
"[Cardinals Fans] are a horrible family staring at a Norman Rockwell painting of itself" Brilliant.

"Remember Abner"
Old 10-12-2013, 06:30 PM
WSI Personality

Cardinals win games 1 and 2 against Greinke and Kershaw. Wainwright goes in game 3 for St. Louis. Dodgers are in trouble.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:19 PM
WSI Church Elder

Cardinals have always been my 2nd favorite team after the Sox, so go Redbirds. Even as a little kid, I always hated the Dodgers too. Thes two teams are about as polar opposite for me in my love/hatred of teams as the Sox and Cubs are.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:58 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Jon Morosi

My column on the history-making rookies of the Cardinals pitching staff: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/nlcs-game-2-cardinals-rookie-pitchers-stymie-dodgers-michael-wacha-kevin-siegrist-carlos-martinez-trevor-rosenthal-101213 @FOXSports1
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 10-13-2013, 12:59 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiersoxfan View Post
Cardinals win games 1 and 2 against Greinke and Kershaw. Wainwright goes in game 3 for St. Louis. Dodgers are in trouble.
They really are. Their inability to produce with RISP is a painful reminder of more familiar Sox woes. Puig is absolutely killing them; he's 0-10 with 6 strikeouts in this series and ALWAYS seems to come up with guys on base. The Cardinals, save for Beltran, haven't been much better but they haven't needed to be. The pitching in this series has been excellent..