White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 04:15 AM
WSI Regular

Default Dunn: Please no Ďambushí if Sox donít want him back

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseb...-him-back.html
Old 09-25-2013, 06:20 AM
WSI Church Elder

His newest stance -- don't ambush me if you don't want me back -- is a far cry from his earlier statements that if he is not having fun he would just walk away from the game and his contract.

Now he's saying he wants to be paid to walk away. For a guy who has utterly stunk it up for three years, he relentlessly talks to the media and seems to want to be a spokesman, an elder statesman, for the team. Just shut up. (But he can't do that, otherwise his play would speak for him.)
Old 09-25-2013, 07:58 AM
WSI High Priest

Being ambushed is getting a call at 11:30pm to tell him hes been traded? Thats life in MLB. Whats does this guy want? To be consulted and asked where he wants to go? For one, no one wants him, he cleared waivers and not a nibble. If the Sox find a sucker to take him, which they wont unless they eat a LOT of salary, hes gone. Its one thing to just stink but to start making demands and cry the poor me crap when you have been a bust is another. This guy really annoys me now.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:20 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan1965 View Post
He's delusional and such a ****ing loser- I'm tired of him- he thinks there was interest in him at the trade deadline? Nope.

He thinks the Sox must want him- or he would have been traded already? Delusional.

Doesn't want to be "stressed out" by a late night call telling him he's been traded? So mentally weak this guy.

Any signal of commitment to get in "the best shape of his life" in the offseason, etc?

Nope- same old, fat, slow, ineffective, Adam Dunn- I just want to puke at the idea of another year of this bust out.

Kenny Williams' Jamie Navarro-
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 09-25-2013, 08:33 AM
WSI Church Elder

Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Guess what Adam, most people don't have fun at their jobs. Don't make yourself out to be a victim making 15$M/year.
AMEN!!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:29 PM
WSI High Priest

The Sox need to let Dunn go and swallow the 15 million loss, the guy is a loser and you can't have a huge strikeout machine in the middle of the lineup. I rather see a platoon of Vicedo and DeAza at DH than another season of Dunn.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:33 PM
WSI High Priest

So much for the argument that he only hits when his team is out of contention and the pressure's off.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:50 PM
WSI Church Elder

I can't wait for the day Adam leaves the White Sox.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:56 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
The Sox need to let Dunn go and swallow the 15 million loss, the guy is a loser and you can't have a huge strikeout machine in the middle of the lineup. I rather see a platoon of Vicedo and DeAza at DH than another season of Dunn.
Interesting idea- I think DeAza as LH DH/4th OF is a decent idea. De Aza's strike outs are almost in Dunn territory- and maybe he can take some smart pills over the winter- but would be an improvement.

I agree- at this point Dunn NOT being on the team (both for the quality of play as well as the fans) is a better investment of the $15M than having him play.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:40 AM
WSI High Priest

Did most of you read his comments? All he was pretty much saying there is, if I am on the trading block, give me a heads up....

I don't think that is much different then how most players think.

Some people just want to the grind that axe
Old 09-26-2013, 08:58 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
Did most of you read his comments? All he was pretty much saying there is, if I am on the trading block, give me a heads up....

The axe is grinding because he's hit .200 three years and $45M later.

We'd love to hear him say he's committing to an offseason regimen to get in the best shape of his life,etc.

Instead it's all about Adam and his "feelings"- is he having fun? do they call him too late at night to tell him he's been traded?

Complete bull****.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:01 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
The axe is grinding because he's hit .200 three years and $45M later.

We'd love to hear him say he's committing to an offseason regimen to get in the best shape of his life,etc.

Instead it's all about Adam and his "feelings"- is he having fun? do they call him too late at night to tell him he's been traded?

Complete bull****.
He leads the team in homers, RBI, OPS.... He has been one of the few guys who was not a total blackhole at his position. Dunn is not the reason we are where we are.

We are below average offensively right now at 1b, 2b, 3b, C and 2 OF Spots... Our Average DH who is paid to hit home runs is not the issue, or atleast even one of the biggest ones.

Furthermore, lets be real. Reports fly around all of the time that Dunn is GREAT in the clubhouse, and has been a great mentor to a lot of the younger guys.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:03 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:

Pretty much, though, I think it was also sensationalized a bit by the Sun-Times, probably in an attempt to get some pageviews and hold off the inevitable for a few more weeks.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:16 AM
WSI Prelate

He was hitting well at this July deadline. We didn't want to pay someone's salary for next year who wasn't going to play for us, but we should have made an exception for Dunn.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:26 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

He knows he cleared waviers and no one nibbled. He sees the direction the club is going. he also knows the production he has given the club in 3 years. Unless the Sox told him he is not going to be traded, he has no right to be given a heads up, teams dont tell everyone when they are on the block, thats life in baseball.