White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the Sporting News ROTY award, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 08:03 AM
WSI Church Elder

I enjoy watching Rienzo's enthusiasm when he pitches.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:05 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
I enjoy watching Rienzo's enthusiasm when he pitches.

I think it was Paciorek last week who mentioned that Rienzo has a little bit of Mark Fidrych in him.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Winner 2014 WSI PTC Contest

I was on the road and only heard the game via radio, but Farmer and DJ discussed how Rienzo kept throwing like 3 warmup pitches between innings, and then told the ump he was ready to go. But they had to keep waiting for TV. I like Rienzo so far and am glad he got the win.

I apparently didn't record the game, so I thought I could catch Tank's granny on MLB highlights. It appears, however, that the Sox/Royals are too irrelevant. They're not even running highlights for that game this morning. I'll have to get them online.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:21 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post
I apparently didn't record the game, so I thought I could catch Tank's granny on MLB highlights. It appears, however, that the Sox/Royals are too irrelevant. They're not even running highlights for that game this morning. I'll have to get them online.
http://wapc.mlb.com/cws/play/?conten...78818&c_id=cws
Old 08-22-2013, 09:46 AM
WSI High Priest

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Viciedo is still hitting .184 for the month of August.

He had a good night last night, if he can replicate that level of pitch recognition and hitting what's pitched to him over trying to pull everything out of the park over a week or so, then move him to the three spot.

I'd rather see Garcia in the three spot, he's got the hitting skills to stick there.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:50 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Viciedo is still hitting .184 for the month of August.

He had a good night last night, if he can replicate that level of pitch recognition and hitting what's pitched to him over trying to pull everything out of the park over a week or so, then move him to the three spot.
Due to his nationality, I am really pulling for him, but he does need some instruction. When he came out of the minors, it seemed like he was going to be a hitter who could spray it to all fields. He seems to be aiming for the long ball more often than not nowadays and it's problematic. He still has a very powerful load and swing, but someone has to teach him how to control it. A good off season of training could see that happen. I still have hope for him, though it would have been nice to have a Puig out there

it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you.

http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2dx6

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:02 AM
WSI High Priest

If Rienzo can pitch inside to lefties like that, he can make it here. As long as he can use both sides of the plate, he will continue to be effective.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:02 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
So, the 2013 White Sox are the opposite of the past few years where they have a decent season (after April) and then fall apart in mid-August. Now they stink up the joint until Mid-August and then go on a tear to nowhere.
It is a reversal from the past few years. And while they are going nowhere this year, I do think that the Sox are going somewhere in the next few years. They are a team in transition and the changes coming (i.e., a team that is more athletic, faster, and better defensively) are already starting to take some shape. More changes to come and that is a good thing.

Andre Rienzo's first major league win was good to see and how about that grand slam from the Tank?

That is a White Sox winner!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:22 AM
WSI Prelate

Rienzo throws some nasty pitches. Love his movement.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:08 PM
WSI Personality

Highlight of the night for me was seeing Garcia beat out a routine two-hopper to shortstop. Energy, and lack of it, is contagious. It's good to see the club play with that kind of life.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:09 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railsplitter View Post
I'm not sure what's best to marks five wins in a row

This:

or this:
I think use the smaller. Use the super to celebrate winning three series in a row for the first time this season!

edit: also this for Rienzo's first win shower. Way to go, kid!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:50 PM
WSI High Priest

Nice to slam the door on the Twins and Royals hopes for a late season run at the Tigers.

1. Love watching Garcia run....he is amazingly fast. I just knew he was going to make that close at first base when I saw the SS doubleclutch a hair....very cool to have a guy that big run that fast...and who will hit for average with those extra infield hits.

2. Rienza has great movement on his breaking ball...straight down, which gave the Royals young lefty hitters fits!

3. I would not mind seeing Dayan moved to 4th or 5th in the batting order,where he might end up longterm. He is not a 3rd slot hitter, but he could be a power guy in 4th or 5th.

4. PK is stuck on 399 doubles, I believe....want to see him get that soon.

5. Call me crazy but I really like Phegley's bat speed and short stroke. He hit it very hard 3-4 times last nite with no hits to show for it, but I really hope he is given a good shot at winning the job again next year.

6. Gordo, Phegley,Garcia, Tank, DeAza, Dunn, Alexei, and Gilaspie are not a bad start for next years squad. Add in a couple of more hitters, and this team can bounce right back and contend.

I am mixed on the Sox winning their way out of the #2 drafting slot....after reading about future Twins superstar Buxton (picked #2) the Sox need to get a superstar of their own in the draft at that slot.

Still....always fun to win.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:23 PM
WSI Personality

Default Don't worry be happy

don't worry about draft pick. Sale was drafted #13, Big Hurt #7, Heck Peavy was drafted #472. These players are s developing and you can find a good player at different draft positions. And some of our first round picks didn't work like Broadway, Fields, BA, Ginter, Ring, etc
Old 08-22-2013, 02:54 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
Frank Thomas screaming for Viciedo to be moved to the 3 hole and left there.
Chuck and Melton disagree since he hasn't earned it.
I love the passion from Big Hurt and I know he is a big Tank fan but I agree with Chuck and Bill. Viciedo needs to earn that spot in the order. There is a reason Robin has him batting in the 8 spot and that is because he has the numbers of a #8 hitter. There is nobody more frustrating to me on the Sox than Viciedo. The team has an interesting decision to make about him going forward. Do you give up on that potential figuring "he is what he is" at this point and won't get better? Do you stick it out with him for one more year and roll the dice that he finally turns that corner? It's obvious to everyone but Dayan that he isn't going to succeed untiil he shortens that stroke. I believe Tank's pitch recognition has improved since he broke into the league but that swing gets so big and long most of the time that he can't catch up to pitchers with plus stuff.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 08-22-2013, 03:22 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post
6. Gordo, Phegley,Garcia, Tank, DeAza, Dunn, Alexei, and Gilaspie are not a bad start for next years squad. Add in a couple of more hitters, and this team can bounce right back and contend.

Still....always fun to win.

Contend???? Remember Peavy is also gone. The players you list + Rios was the team that was awful this year. Certainly garcia is one building block but defensively and offensively that group stunk this year.