White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 11:30 PM
WSI Regular

Default *Official* 8/20 "4 in a what?!?" Postgamer

Sox win 4 in a row, and the weirdness continues with the passed ball getting stuck behind a sign and Paulie scores.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:40 PM
WSI Personality

Default Thanks Danks

Danks owns the Roys and that is why we won. 8 shutout innings by Johnny D. Get em again tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:24 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunofgold View Post
Danks owns the Roys and that is why we won. 8 shutout innings by Johnny D. Get em again tomorrow.

Games like this from Danks gives me hope for next season. Shore up the D, find some O, and somehow put together a decent pen. And work on baserunning.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 AM
WSI Church Elder

Above 0.500 for the month of August. Whouda thunk it?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:07 AM
WSI Personality

Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
Games like this from Danks gives me hope for next season. Shore up the D, find some O, and somehow put together a decent pen. And work on baserunning.
All the Sox need is strong pitching,smart base running,a much improved defense, and much better clutch hitting. They have the pitching. Hopefully they will be able to get a third baseman, a center fielder, and a first baseman in the off season. Also a improved bench would not hurt along with a catcher.

Last edited by RCWHITESOX; 08-21-2013 at 02:37 AM. Reason: add on
Old 08-21-2013, 02:00 AM
WSI Church Elder

Johnny B. Goode!

That's a White Sox winner!
Old 08-21-2013, 02:19 AM
WSI Regular

It is always nice to see the White Sox win, however, please don't be fooled by a successful month after a team is 24 games out. As everyone knows we need to improve on so many facets: defense, speed, relief pitching (particularly middle relief), bunting, base running, on and on. Let us not buy into the propaganda Hawk is telling us, that we are close to competing due to our starting pitching. I think we need to turn over at least 10 players on the team.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:57 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danryan View Post
It is always nice to see the White Sox win, however, please don't be fooled by a successful month after a team is 24 games out. As everyone knows we need to improve on so many facets: defense, speed, relief pitching (particularly middle relief), bunting, base running, on and on. Let us not buy into the propaganda Hawk is telling us, that we are close to competing due to our starting pitching. I think we need to turn over at least 10 players on the team.
Another RH starter to replace Peavy. Nine position players (though you can gamble on Beckham, Garcia). Manager. Maybe GM...
Old 08-21-2013, 08:49 AM
WSI High Priest

Good job, all.

50 wins. I think this team can win 13 more games and avoid a 100 loss season.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:10 PM
WSI High Priest

Garcia has been a very nice addition of fresh blood to this team. It is hard to get a strike past him and he has shown the ability to hit to all sides of the field.
I think they can do some building for next season.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:46 PM
WSI High Priest

Garcia looks very hitterish out there.

Gordo has been on fire for about 7 weeks now.

PK stealing home....now that's funny. Very odd sight to see that ball disappear behind the mat.

Danks is a battler, always.
I hope he will continue to get better for next year.

I look at the Sox like the Nats....everybodys choice for the NL East.
Things can turn quickly, good or bad.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:26 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Well the Sox have already turned over several players and they're playing better thanks to the things that will help them rebuild, good young SP and some young bats (Beckham, Garcia, etc.).

So yes, while I agree that this 10-5 run they're on doesn't automatically mean they're going to win 95 games next season, it's not like this is the same collection of lifeless veterans that played so poorly for the first few months of the season, either. There are certainly more than a few reasons to be excited about how they've played recently.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:22 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
I don't think anyone is fooled, but the process of fixing this roster has begun. The early returns on Garcia are positive, and Beckham has been playing good baseball pretty much all year when healthy. The pitching staff has a 3.84 team ERA, which is pretty solid for a team that plays in the American League in a hitters' ballpark.

There is much work to be done, but it's not all doom and gloom either.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 08-21-2013, 07:57 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
I think we need to turn over at least 10 players on the team.
Yea, probably close to that. And a manager. I hope we hold some middle relief tryouts with the September callups and put the org minor leaguers to pasture for the last month.