White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 02:42 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain54 View Post
Troncoso's best (and only) year was 09' Since then he declined until the Dodgers released him last year. What made the Sox think he could work out? I would love to know what their "scouts" saw in this bum..

Did they think Don Cooper Magic Fairy dust was gonna bring him back from the dead? or was it another case, get a guy at bargain basement rates, cross your fingers, and hope he catches fire?
Who knows. We signed Greene after the Astros cut him.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:49 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain54 View Post
Troncoso's best (and only) year was 09' Since then he declined until the Dodgers released him last year. What made the Sox think he could work out? I would love to know what their "scouts" saw in this bum..

Did they think Don Cooper Magic Fairy dust was gonna bring him back from the dead? or was it another case, get a guy at bargain basement rates, cross your fingers, and hope he catches fire?
He was the 4th or 5th guy they called up from Charlotte. Its not like they were expecting great things. I suppose his success long ago and the fact he can throw 95 probably inspired them to take a shot, something every team does. He obviously was not being counted on to provide a stellar performance.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:54 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtGrnwdSoxFan View Post
Troncoso - the reliever who may overtake Ryan Bukvich as most hated relief pitcher in Sox history?
Mike ****ing MacDougal.

"I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive."
Old 08-16-2013, 05:34 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Castro is horse**** and doesn't belong with the Sox. Check his numbers in the minors and look at his last few outings. It hasn't been pretty. He's given up 16 ER in 11.1 innings since he was optioned.

As I indicated earlier in the thread, I think Petricka and Webb might both be in line for a September callup. Both have been pitching well out of the pen in Charlotte. Webb hasn't given up an earned run in over a month.
I can't keep track of the lousy prospects we got in return for trading major league veterans (Sergio Santos, Edwin Jackson, and Carlos Quentin). It looks like he's the "horse****" we got for Quentin.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:35 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai_sox View Post
Mike ****ing MacDougal.
At least we didn't sign Troncoso to a 3-year extension.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:42 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSox2K3 View Post
At least we didn't sign Troncoso to a 3-year extension.
So far................
Old 08-16-2013, 06:02 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSox2K3 View Post
I can't keep track of the lousy prospects we got in return for trading major league veterans (Sergio Santos, Edwin Jackson, and Carlos Quentin). It looks like he's the "horse****" we got for Quentin.
Quentin is good, but constantly hurt. Santos has pitches a total of 16 innings in 2 years. Jackson is currently sporting a 5.05 ERA in the NL and turned into Webb who might be our future closer. We gave away garbage and got garbage back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).