White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2013, 10:49 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
I think the PK question the Sox will face is how to use him in the last month, with players to develop and still trying to win games.
I'd be happy to platoon him with Dunn at DH and give Viciedo a one-month tryout at 1B. Opens up an outfield spot for a prospect, gives us an idea whether Viciedo can play over there, and gives our over-the-hill slugger a graceful exit.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:52 AM
WSI Church Elder

It's sacrilege to most of you guys, but I'll say it. I would love it if last night was the last time I have to watch Konerko bat. There's nothing worse than watching a veteran whose skills have diminished so much that its painful to watch him hit. It's like he's swinging Frank's iron bar. His bat is just incredibly slow. I wish he would hang em up and let the kids finish out the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 08-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milw View Post
I'd be happy to platoon him with Dunn at DH and give Viciedo a one-month tryout at 1B. Opens up an outfield spot for a prospect, gives us an idea whether Viciedo can play over there, and gives our over-the-hill slugger a graceful exit.
Rather they work on moving Tank to 1B in the off-season where he can get plenty of reps. I know losing games doesn't matter and is probably preferable in the long run but no point in looking like complete assclowns in the process...

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 08-15-2013, 06:37 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Rather they work on moving Tank to 1B in the off-season where he can get plenty of reps. I know losing games doesn't matter and is probably preferable in the long run but no point in looking like complete assclowns in the process...
Yes, you want him to have ample skill-building time in the offseason so he doesn't become discouraged at the start.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:19 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milw View Post
I know we have to field a team, but not sure we should keep Viciedo either.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:21 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
This made me chuckle.

www.twitter.com/jasonrosko