White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Default Sunday 8/11 Winning PTC & Postgamer All Rolled Into One

Tried to spark something...

"Yeah, I may have had a crappy first few months, but the last 2.5 haven't been bad at all..."

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 08-11-2013, 07:02 PM
WSI Guru

The story of the season is in the 9th inning when Tyler Flowers and his .194 batting average gets pinch hit for with Jordan Danks and his .161 avg.

For those watching the game at home today, was Bert Blyleven on the Sox broadcast at all? I walked into the clubhouse store for a moment, and I heard an exchange on the tv between what I thought was Paciorek and Blyleven. The Comcast graphics were on the screen, but it seemed like the Twins broadcast. Thought I heard the Twins pbp guy too, so perhaps it was the Twins feed. Not sure. It was odd.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:06 PM
WSI Church Elder

This team really makes you savor the Ws
Old 08-11-2013, 07:35 PM
WSI Guru

I love the way Garcia gets down the line. He beat out that first hit and almost beat out the 2nd. Throw in the stolen base, and he looks like a freight train on the base paths. Didn't quite get to see his arm late in the game, as Alexei cut off the throw to third for no good reason.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Winner 2014 WSI PTC Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
The story of the season is in the 9th inning when Tyler Flowers and his .194 batting average gets pinch hit for with Jordan Danks and his .161 avg.

For those watching the game at home today, was Bert Blyleven on the Sox broadcast at all? I walked into the clubhouse store for a moment, and I heard an exchange on the tv between what I thought was Paciorek and Blyleven. The Comcast graphics were on the screen, but it seemed like the Twins broadcast. Thought I heard the Twins pbp guy too, so perhaps it was the Twins feed. Not sure. It was odd.
For an inning, Stone and Wimpy and the two Twins announcers (Blyleven and I forgot who the other one was) were all on the broadcast together. It was pretty neat, actually - they shared some old war stories, but also discussed each other's current teams. I enjoyed it; great way to fill some air time for two teams going nowhere this season.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:11 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post
For an inning, Stone and Wimpy and the two Twins announcers (Blyleven and I forgot who the other one was) were all on the broadcast together. It was pretty neat, actually - they shared some old war stories, but also discussed each other's current teams. I enjoyed it; great way to fill some air time for two teams going nowhere this season.
I liked the idea and hope they do it more to try and liven up crappy play.

As far as the game, Flowers and Danks are making it harder for me to want to give them a shot next year with even more time.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post

Least we've finally got a guy OVER .800 OPS on the season...
Old 08-11-2013, 10:23 PM
WSI High Priest

Anybody else notice this in the stands?

There was a young woman along the first base line who's face was masked like a Wild West outlaw.

I don't know if she's germ phobic, was giving her own variation of the paper bag over the head, or making a subtle plug for the Bandits.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:58 PM
WSI Personality

No **Official** 8/11 Help us, Wimpy! Postgame thread ???
Old 08-11-2013, 11:37 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfanreggie View Post
I liked the idea and hope they do it more to try and liven up crappy play.

As far as the game, Flowers and Danks are making it harder for me to want to give them a shot next year with even more time.
I hope nobody wants to give either of those two players a shot. By now, I think the whole "Flowers just needs more at-bats" argument has been soundly defeated. He is terrible.

BTW, here's a boring TBGR for a boring game.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/