Mark Buehrle HOF Discussion
Mark Buehrle could have some serious Hall of Fame debates when he retires.
Players with higher WAR not in HOF.
1. Roger Clemens 139.4.....May take awhile to get in
2. Greg Maddux 104.6....might recieve highest votes ever
3. Randy Johnson 104.3...he might take a hit like Bagwell but will get in.
4. Pedro Martinez 86.0.....first ballot
5. Mike Mussina 82.7....He will get in easily
6. Curt chilling 80.7.....might be this era's Blylevin, he'll get in though
7. Jim McCormik 75.5....someday he'll get in. 19th century guys often get overlooked.
8. Tom Glavine 74.0....he'll get in
9. Kevin Brown 68.5....Steroids will keep him out
10. Rick Reuschel 68.2.....Hopefully Buehrle isn't classed with him.
11. John Smoltz 66.5....He'll get in easily
12. Luis Tiant 66.1.....I think eventualy he'll get in. His era hurts him a bit.
13. Roy Halladay 66.5......He will get in easily
14. Tommy John 62.3....He might get in but 26 seasons with no major accomplishments will likely keep him out for awhile.
15. Bobby Mathews 62.2....He should be in but he's another 19th century guy.
16. David Cone 61.7.....i'm torn on him but I doubt he gets in.
17. Tommy Bond 61.0.....19th century pitcher.
18. Charlie Buffington 60.6....19th century pitcher
19. Tony Mullane 60.2.....19th century pitcher
20. Bret Saberhagen 59.1.....he could have supporters someday. comparable to Billy Pierce.
21. Jack Quinn 59.0....He won't be getting in anytime soon, if ever.
22. Chuck Finley 58.5....I don't think he has a chance.
23. Andy Pettite 58.4.....steroids will haunt him.
24. Frank Tanana 57.5.....Good career but falls short.
25. Jerry Koosman 57.1....good pitcher but he won't get in.
26. Dave Stieb 57.0.....very underrated but he won't get in.
27. Eddie Cicotte 56.9...Blacksox scandel cost him a Hall of Fame career.
28. Jack Powell 56.0....he's just a forgotten player. Interesting player though.
29. Mariano Rivera 55.6.....Easy Hall of Famer
30. Tim Hudson 55.4......This injury may cost him.
31. Kevin Appier 55.1....He might have gotten motre attention if he pitched somewhere else.
32. Urban Shocker 54.8...played in New York, he's got a better chance than alot of guys for that reason.
33. Mark Buehrle 54.4..if he can somehow get 10.0 more WAR he will be in some pretty good company. He passed Sabathia last night and could possibly move past Hudson before the year ends
34. CC Sabathia 54.2....I think he's got a good chance if his arm idn't dead. He looks horrible this year.
Hall of Fame players with lower WAR.
Whitey Ford 53.9....hofer but Yankees easily made him look better.
Waite Hoyt 53.3.....Yankees made him a hofer.
Sandy Koufax 53.2....obviously he's better.....easily a hofer.
Al Spalding 52.2.....short career but very good career.
Early Wynn 51.6...300 game winner.....hofer but only because he won 300.
Hoyt Wilhelm 50.1.....easily the second best relief pitcher,,easy hofer
Burleigh Grimes 46.9....He's very borderline.
Addie Joss 45.9....Short career, Sandy Koufax type of career.
Herb Pennock 44.1....I'm surprised he got in so early but he's a decent hofer.
Chief Bender 44.0....had some good years, a little overrated but i'd say he deserves to be in.
Lefty Gomez 43.1....another Yankee pitcher but he's a decent hofer.
Dizzy Dean 42.7.....short career but his popularity makes him a strong choice.
Rich Gossage 41.8....I say no but he was better than Sutter and Fingers.
Jack Chesbro 41.2....I don't think he is. (Yankee pitcher)
Candy Cummings 38.5....Innovator, invented curveball.
Bob Lemon 37.5....surprised he had such a low career war. Very good pitcher from the 1950's.
Catfish Hunter 36.6....Teams he played for really helped his win total. Makes me wonder what Rick Reuschel would have done had he pitched for Oakland and New York in his prime.
Jesse Haines 35.7....Frankie Frich pick...Not a hofer
Rube Marquard 34.2...Frankie Frisch pick also.
Monte Ward 28.4....19th century guy. maybe the 10th best 19th century pitcher.
Rollie Fingers 25.0......I don't think he is compared to other closers. Sparky Lyle and Kent Tekulve were just as good.
Bruce Sutter 24.5....I think he's another horrible choice.
Babe Ruth 20.6.....pitching war. I always wonder what type of career he could of had as a pitcher. He was on his way to being a hofer pitcher.
Last edited by chicagowhitesox1; 08-11-2013 at 06:20 PM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|