White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2013, 02:56 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosox41 View Post
I am disappointed by this trade. This is all Rios commanded? I would have waited to winter to trade him. For his production level, his salary isn't outrageous. Heck, I expected more of a return then this on Viciedo, and he's terrible.

I hope there's more too this trade or Hahn got bamboozled. What do we need another light hitting, high K 2nd basmem for? Is Jim Hendry the GM?

Or let's analyze it this way:

1. Assume Alexei is trded (is dumped a better word) prior to next season. Let's assume Bacon is our new SS.
2. Now we have Garcia, Carlos Sanchez, Semien, and Micah Owings (sp?) as options. Owings may be a little bit away. I'm as crazy about Sanchez as I am about Garcie ie-not at all. So how many light hitting second basemen do we need to keep the position warm until Owings or Semien is ready? IMHO, Garcia and Sanchez are utility players at best.

Bob
Again I think we have to remember that the Sox dumped alot of salary and got a decent prospect out of this. Trading Rios in the winter doesn't guarantee anything better in return.

IF Hahn is to be believe he wants to use this money for scouting and development then I think that is a massive step in the right direction for this organization.