White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 08-08-2013, 01:45 PM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
Since these actions are supposed to remain confidential unless a deal is struck, do you have a link or some other indication of how you know about this?

Also, if he was claimed today, the Sox and Team X (maybe the Phillies?) have 48 hours to complete a deal. If no deal is reached, he remains with us. The Sox can pull him off waiver at any point during the 48 hours, too.
These claims are all over Rotoword, so I assume they are official and done, not in the secret part of the process. He was probably claimed 48 hours ago or whatever.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/5701/casper-wells
__________________
Ridiculousness across all sports:

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-08-2013, 01:57 PM
DeadMoney DeadMoney is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
These claims are all over Rotoword, so I assume they are official and done, not in the secret part of the process. He was probably claimed 48 hours ago or whatever.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/5701/casper-wells
Yeah, and the Phillies have made a statement on having had their eye on him for a while.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-08-2013, 02:26 PM
SouthSideMike SouthSideMike is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post
Yikes, their eyes must be behind a pair of coke bottles.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Wedema Wedema is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hammond, IN
Posts: 618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideMike View Post
Yikes, their eyes must be behind a pair of coke bottles.

Power off the bench????????
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-08-2013, 02:37 PM
tstrike2000 tstrike2000 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 'Burbs
Posts: 6,077
Default

We hardly knew ye.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-08-2013, 02:47 PM
RCWHITESOX's Avatar
RCWHITESOX RCWHITESOX is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Placentia, California
Posts: 1,025
Agree

Good bye and please take Axelrod,Tronsco,Jordan Danks,Veal,and Flowers with you asap.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-08-2013, 02:58 PM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 54,176
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
Since these actions are supposed to remain confidential unless a deal is struck, do you have a link or some other indication of how you know about this?

Also, if he was claimed today, the Sox and Team X (maybe the Phillies?) have 48 hours to complete a deal. If no deal is reached, he remains with us. The Sox can pull him off waiver at any point during the 48 hours, too.
Try Google.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...0,284181.story

Also, since I have a feeling that since nobody would care to break a story about Casper Wells, the Phillies probably did claim him 48 hours ago and we're only learning about it now because the Sox officially just gave him away.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-08-2013, 03:14 PM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Try Google.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...0,284181.story

Also, since I have a feeling that since nobody would care to break a story about Casper Wells, the Phillies probably did claim him 48 hours ago and we're only learning about it now because the Sox officially just gave him away.
If you claim the sky is blue on this site, you need a link.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-08-2013, 03:34 PM
slavko slavko is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: North Suburban
Posts: 5,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risk View Post
In the late innings last night, I kept on thinking to myself as bad as the Sox farm system is, there has to be at least one right-handed bat better than Wells. He is absolutely atrocious.

Same applies for Danks the younger (but from the left side, obviously).

Risk
Buck-fifty and Buck-fifty, get out of our lives!
__________________
Ya Ta Hey, Black Crow.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-08-2013, 03:38 PM
tstrike2000 tstrike2000 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 'Burbs
Posts: 6,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
If you claim the sky is blue on this site, you need a link.
http://spaceplace.nasa.gov/blue-sky/
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-08-2013, 03:45 PM
thomas35forever thomas35forever is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lombard
Posts: 23,586
Default

Thanks for that one catch, Casper.
__________________
Bullpen wanted
Good arms now being accepted at 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Wedema Wedema is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hammond, IN
Posts: 618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
Thanks for that one catch, Casper.

.....and that one RBI
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-08-2013, 04:28 PM
TheVulture TheVulture is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWHITESOX View Post
Good bye and please take Axelrod,Tronsco,Jordan Danks,Veal,and Flowers with you asap.
No need to dump Flowers. The Sox can keep him at Charlotte next year as emergency replacement, no?
__________________
A bad idea is better than no idea at all- Hawk
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-08-2013, 05:16 PM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
No need to dump Flowers. The Sox can keep him at Charlotte next year as emergency replacement, no?
Organizational depth! The Sox have a lot of that, it seems, as at least half the roster is organizational depth.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-08-2013, 09:12 PM
DSpivack DSpivack is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 28,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Organizational depth! The Sox have a lot of that, it seems, as at least half the roster is organizational depth.
Who's ready for BA 2!

(Bryan Anderson, starting Knights C)
__________________
Attendance records:
09 : 3-2.
10 : 2-3.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.