White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 10:20 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Thigpen View Post
I think the sad reality of that statement is the point of why people are down on him.
That and the constant base-running blunders, missteps in CF, and high amount of Ks.

De Aza probably would've been fairly valuable to another team as a 4th OF down the stretch (plus reasonable salary control for the next few years). The fact that he wasn't dealt lends me to believe that he's in the team's plans moving forward (probably as the LF).

Old 08-06-2013, 10:28 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm3312 View Post
Why is everybody so down on De Aza? Do they not understand he's one of the most consistent/best position players we've got?
I think a lot of the angst is centered around his terrible decisions and instincts as a baseball player this year. He has made 9 terrible outs on the basepaths (so far) which is inexcusable for an MLB player. He gets picked off, takes off running when he shouldn't, etc. The mistakes are exasperating to anyone watching a team like ours that is starved for runs. He also has been sub-par in the outfield this season.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Last edited by Foulke You; 08-06-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:30 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
I think a lot of the angst is centered around his terrible decisions and instincts as a baseball player this year. He has made 9 terrible outs on the basepaths (so far) which is inexcusable for an MLB player. He gets picked off, takes off running when he shouldn't, etc. This mistakes are exasperating to anyone watching a team like ours that is starved for runs. He also has been sub-par in the outfield this season.
Yeah, but that's not his fault. It's Ventura's. With the proper coaching and managing, just about everyone is an All Star. This team is at least 15 games better with a decent manager. Every parent should keep that in mind when junior wants to be a star player in a selected sport. Make sure you pay up for really good coaching. He or she will be can't miss and it will more than pay off in the end.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:30 AM
WSI Regular

It's scary how close De Aza's numbers are to Rios (Though slightly better actually). Who cares is he strikes out alot? The reason people care is because we've got him at leadoff when in reality he's not a leadoff hitter, thats not his mentality. I'd way rather have him up at the plate over Konerko, Viciedo, Dunn, Phegley, Keppinger.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:37 AM
WSI High Priest

No reason to rish Garcia- September is fine with me.

De Aza could be a nice 4th/5th OF to have around- but I'm tired of dumb baseball- the little league mistake of not tagging up on Sunday should have led to a release- to send a signal to the organization.
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 08-06-2013, 10:38 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
I'm torn on this. Here is what I believe to be fact....

1. Garcia's clock has already started so there really isn't any financial reason to leave him at AAA.

2. No spark is needed other then for the fans who will either be watching or attending games the rest of the season.

3. Rios can play CF, Garcia can play RF, DeAza can sit for the rest of the season as far as I'm concerned.
I'd like to see Garcia up with the big club not for the fans, but for his progression as an MLB player. Most scouting reports say he isn't being challenged by minor league pitching anymore. Therefore, getting as many rips and experience at the MLB level this season will give him a head start on next year. An extra 50 games to get used to American League pitching, get a feel for playing outfield at The Cell, and get valuable experience that he can't get in Charlotte. As others have said though, perhaps financial considerations are at play which could be why he is staying put for now.

Last edited by Foulke You; 08-06-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:25 PM
WSI High Priest

Tank's thumb injury is a good excuse to get Garcia up here now.
Give Tank a few days off,and play DeAza in left,with Garcia in center.

Rios could be waivered to the Rangers by the end of the week,and Garcia stays up.

I want a reason to watch the last 50 games,and Garcia is a reason.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:28 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm3312 View Post
Why is everybody so down on De Aza? Do they not understand he's one of the most consistent/best position players we've got?

Sit Konerko before you sit De Aza.

Beckham 2b
Ramirez SS
De Aza LF
Rios RF
Dunn DH
Garcia CF
Viciedo 1B
Phegley C
Keppinger 3B
His baserunning mistakes are practically unprecedented . He's a good 2 or 3 hitter though. Problem is , his OBP is not good , and the Sox have a lot of those type of guys , that's why they never score.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:34 PM
WSI Personality

Default B&b

B&B agree with me and they invented baseball. They also don't understand why Caspar Wells is on the active roster. Lol
Old 08-06-2013, 05:39 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Yeah, but that's not his fault. It's Ventura's. With the proper coaching and managing, just about everyone is an All Star. This team is at least 15 games better with a decent manager. Every parent should keep that in mind when junior wants to be a star player in a selected sport. Make sure you pay up for really good coaching. He or she will be can't miss and it will more than pay off in the end.
Welcome to the world of arguing against an argument no one has made. But nice passion.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 08-06-2013, 05:48 PM
WSI Church Elder

It's a sad commentary on the organization that Garcia is not up and starting everyday.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:43 PM
WSI Personality

Default Good Times

Caspar David Wells.... He gone
Seems like a good time to bring up Avisail Freddy Garcia.

The clubhouse has the aura of confidence after sweep of the Yanks. Some more fans might want to catch this show and see TAG play.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:12 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunofgold View Post
Some more fans might want to catch this show and see TAG play.
Probably not, as the vast, vast majority of people who go to games have no idea who he is. Might as well as Blake Tekotte.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:37 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Paul Sullivan
Hahn says Garcia en route to South Side will be here for Game 2 tonight.

Chicago White Sox
.@AvisailGarcia34 made his major-league debut on August 31, 2012 vs. the #WhiteSox. He will wear uniform No. 26.
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 08-09-2013, 08:22 PM
WSI Guru

Avi is in the house and is supposed to play in the game. Just showed some video of him on the golf cart in the tunnel bringing in a Tigers bag.

2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444