White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2013, 05:16 PM
WSI Personality

Call him up in September, getting a possible number 1 pick would be huge for the future. We must continue to suck, as messed up as that sounds.

"I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive."
Old 08-05-2013, 05:21 PM
WSI Prelate

I'd rather he stay in Charlotte, keep his confidence high and make the jump with a fresh start squad next season. As some have said, it's not like there aren't things for him to work on down there and this is a sunken clubhouse in Chicago.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:29 PM
WSI Personality

I'm torn on this. Here is what I believe to be fact....

1. Garcia's clock has already started so there really isn't any financial reason to leave him at AAA.

2. No spark is needed other then for the fans who will either be watching or attending games the rest of the season.

3. Rios can play CF, Garcia can play RF, DeAza can sit for the rest of the season as far as I'm concerned.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
I'm torn on this. Here is what I believe to be fact....

1. Garcia's clock has already started so there really isn't any financial reason to leave him at AAA.

2. No spark is needed other then for the fans who will either be watching or attending games the rest of the season.

3. Rios can play CF, Garcia can play RF, DeAza can sit for the rest of the season as far as I'm concerned.
1. No it isn't. He has to be on a major league roster to accrue major league service time.

3. Garcia is going to be playing CF. He's been playing center in Erie, Toledo and now Charlotte and from what I understand he's better than anyone the Sox currently have there.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:20 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
1. No it isn't. He has to be on a major league roster to accrue major league service time.

3. Garcia is going to be playing CF. He's been playing center in Erie, Toledo and now Charlotte and from what I understand he's better than anyone the Sox currently have there.
That wouldn't be hard. As for Garcia I hope he is one of those quietly confident guys. The first time he strikes out with the game on the line, or goes in an 0 for 41 slump will result in predictions of failure. I don't know about a toxic clubhouse but it must be hell for the players right now. I hope Garcia is immune to the negativity which will surely be there.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:40 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post

Garcia already has 130+ PA's on a ML roster. If I'm not mistaken his arbitration and FA year have already been determined.

I can see both sides to this whole thing but despite needing to refine his approach he's been successful at every level he's been at.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:39 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Garcia already has 130+ PA's on a ML roster. If I'm not mistaken his arbitration and FA year have already been determined.

I can see both sides to this whole thing but despite needing to refine his approach he's been successful at every level he's been at.
This. Sorry his slash numbers in AAA are just too good to pass up and the clock is ticking. I don't care who has to sit. This kid knows he's the future and the clubhouse won't change that.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:46 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zisk77 View Post
It would be silly to bring up Garcia now. Garcia needs to play everyday. Our current OF is Viciedo, DeAza, & Rios. If we bring up Garcia we must bench one of those guys. We are trying to TRADE at least one of those guys. Benching them would hurt there value. Therefore, Garcia tears up AAA until we trade one of those cats. or Sept. 1st. Whichever came first.
The Rangers might just need one of our guys now.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:10 AM
WSI Personality

Looking up his stats since the trade he's continued to rake. 7-18, 1 HR, 7 RBI, 6 runs scored.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:24 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
The Rangers might just need one of our guys now.
Wouldn't that be nice.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:30 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
No, arbitration is dependent on the player accruing service time on the MLB roster...

Quote:
Q: When does a player become eligible for salary arbitration?
A: A player with three or more years of service, but less than six years, may file for salary arbitration. In addition, a player can be classified as a "Super Two" and be eligible for arbitration with less than three years of service. A player with at least two but less than three years of Major League service shall be eligible for salary arbitration if he has accumulated at least 86 days of service during the immediately preceding season and he ranks in the top 22 percent (increased from 17 percent in previous agreements) in total service in the class of Players who have at least two but less than three years of Major League service, however accumulated, but with at least 86 days of service accumulated during the immediately preceding season.
From the MLBPA: http://mlb.mlb.com/pa/info/faq.jsp#agency
Old 08-06-2013, 07:58 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
No, arbitration is dependent on the player accruing service time on the MLB roster...

From the MLBPA: http://mlb.mlb.com/pa/info/faq.jsp#agency
The question is if he has enough service time with the Tigers so that he'd fall within super-two in the 2015 offseason if he played with the Sox the rest of this year, and all next year.

It's murky.

He's had 53 big league regular season games, so I'd estimate 60 or so days. Add another 12 playoff games (not sure if they count for service time) and we're around 73 days. Add the days left in the Sox season (53) and he could hit super-two, accelerating his first FA offseason by a year.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:14 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
The question is if he has enough service time with the Tigers so that he'd fall within super-two in the 2015 offseason if he played with the Sox the rest of this year, and all next year.

It's murky.

He's had 53 big league regular season games, so I'd estimate 60 or so days. Add another 12 playoff games (not sure if they count for service time) and we're around 73 days. Add the days left in the Sox season (53) and he could hit super-two, accelerating his first FA offseason by a year.
They don't
Old 08-06-2013, 11:03 AM
WSI Regular

Why is everybody so down on De Aza? Do they not understand he's one of the most consistent/best position players we've got?

Sit Konerko before you sit De Aza.

Beckham 2b
Ramirez SS
De Aza LF
Rios RF
Dunn DH
Garcia CF
Viciedo 1B
Phegley C
Keppinger 3B
Old 08-06-2013, 11:04 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm3312 View Post
Why is everybody so down on De Aza? Do they not understand he's one of the most consistent/best position players we've got?
I think the sad reality of that statement is the point of why people are down on him.