White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Some people want him up here now.

All hail The Rick
Old 08-05-2013, 01:11 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
How is the clubhouse "toxic?" There haven't been any indications of problems in the clubhouse.
Toxic may not be the correct word. I also Heard Frank's comments on the post game show. He talked about the atmosphere in the dugout, players having their heads down, not much enthusiasm, etc. He felt this would be a bad situation to bring in a young prospect, feeling that Sept. was the better option.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:14 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulwny View Post
Toxic may not be the correct word. I also Heard Frank's comments on the post game show. He talked about the atmosphere in the dugout, players having their heads down, not much enthusiasm, etc. He felt this would be a bad situation to bring in a young prospect, feeling that Sept. was the better option.
I heard Frank as well. I would call it apathetic, but certainly not toxic. These guys seem to like each other. They're just bad and feeling sorry for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 08-05-2013, 01:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
He has absolutely nothing else to prove in the minors , this team and it's fans need something to provide a spark , a reason to watch or come to the games. I think this concept of a toxic clubhouse effecting him are extremely far fetched.
Nothing to prove, except maybe strikezone judgement and patience, which is something big. And maybe the ability to be productive when his BABIP drops to something reasonable (it's .442 at AAA this year).

September call up? Sure. If they moved Rios? Sure. But what's the point in bringing him up now with no spot to play? He's got plenty to continue to work on at AAA.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:30 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
How is the clubhouse "toxic?" There haven't been any indications of problems in the clubhouse.
Toxic as in harmful to those who encounter it. Not that there are problems between players or coaches. Just that everyone is aware of their level of suckiness leading to doubt, expectation of failure, lack of luck, etc., which can become a self-fulfilling prophecy, and hence continue the downward spiral, and as Frank said, it is infectious. You don't want to infect prospects with that attitude.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

Leave him down. No reason to expose him to the likes of Rios and some of the rampant laziness/stupidity that some of these guys display.

Barry Bonds in his roided up prime couldn't spark this team, lineup or fanbase. Let the kid develop and hopefully keep away from this craphole of a team.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:40 PM
WSI Church Elder

It would be silly to bring up Garcia now. Garcia needs to play everyday. Our current OF is Viciedo, DeAza, & Rios. If we bring up Garcia we must bench one of those guys. We are trying to TRADE at least one of those guys. Benching them would hurt there value. Therefore, Garcia tears up AAA until we trade one of those cats. or Sept. 1st. Whichever came first.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:44 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zisk77 View Post
It would be silly to bring up Garcia now. Garcia needs to play everyday. Our current OF is Viciedo, DeAza, & Rios. If we bring up Garcia we must bench one of those guys. We are trying to TRADE at least one of those guys. Benching them would hurt there value. Therefore, Garcia tears up AAA until we trade one of those cats. or Sept. 1st. Whichever came first.
I think he will be here before the September call-ups if we can find someone to take Dunn or Rios off our hands in a waiver deal.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:54 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
I think he will be here before the September call-ups if we can find someone to take Dunn or Rios off our hands in a waiver deal.
/agree
Old 08-05-2013, 03:24 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zisk77 View Post
Or, you bench Konerko and move Viciedo to 1B/DH. I don't really see a reason to bring him up though.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:48 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Or, you bench Konerko and move Viciedo to 1B/DH. I don't really see a reason to bring him up though.
You would be willing to movie Viciedo to 1B, a position he has never played in middle of the season?
Old 08-05-2013, 03:52 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Soprano View Post
You would be willing to movie Viciedo to 1B, a position he has never played in middle of the season?
He has played 1B in the minors.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:04 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Soprano View Post
Who the hell cares at this point? Better now then at the beginning of next year when winning or losing actually matters.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:13 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
Bring him up in September. No need to rush this.
+1. And, if the Sox are able to deal Rios and/or Alexei Ramirex in August waiver deals, the Sox may have several players (i.e., Brandon Jacobs, Avasail Garcia, and maybe some prospects obtained in deals involving Rios, Ramirez and Crain) to bring up in September.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:13 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltrain21 View Post
Who the hell cares at this point? Better now then at the beginning of next year when winning or losing actually matters.
Agree, he is eventually going to end up there or at DH, so lets see how he handles it.