White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 09:25 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
I really don't notice if people are smiling at me or not. But as for wait time, these stadiums were the same at best:
Minnesota, both stadiums.
Both Yankee Stadiums
Cleveland
Detroit-which was by far the worst
Wrigley
Milwaukee
Boston
Cincinatti
Baltimore
Everyone has their own experiences, but I strongly disagree. Minnesota, Detroit (which was great), Wrigley, Milwaukee, Boston (almost *immediate* service, and Cincy are the ones I have been to from your list and all were better as far as wait times and efficiency.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 07-25-2013, 10:15 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Everyone has their own experiences, but I strongly disagree. Minnesota, Detroit (which was great), Wrigley, Milwaukee, Boston (almost *immediate* service, and Cincy are the ones I have been to from your list and all were better as far as wait times and efficiency.
Detroit was awful for me, and as much as I think the Cell's food is overrated (as most ballparks are), it's a 5 star gourmet meal compared to what they give you in Detroit.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:24 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Detroit was awful for me, and as much as I think the Cell's food is overrated (as most ballparks are), it's a 5 star gourmet meal compared to what they give you in Detroit.
I haven't been to Detroit since '05 (*cough* ALC clincher *cough*) but all I seem to remember about the concession stands was obviously Little Caesars. I don't remember eating anything great, to be fair.

www.twitter.com/jasonrosko
Old 07-25-2013, 11:01 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Really? I ate at the restaurant in the park (akin to the Bullpen Bar or Bacardi, but actually on the concourse), and I thought it was very good for ballpark food.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:03 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by skobabe8 View Post
I haven't been to Detroit since '05 (*cough* ALC clincher *cough*) but all I seem to remember about the concession stands was obviously Little Caesars. I don't remember eating anything great, to be fair.
Well, one should know enough to stay away from crap pizza.

In fact, I have no idea why one ever orders food from the "basic" stands, anyway, except for specialty items. I mean non-specialty burgers and chicken sandwiches are just junk all over - why would one subject themselves to cafeteria food that costs triple the price?
Old 07-27-2013, 09:30 AM
WSI Personality

No complaints from last night. When your team mails it in come April and no fans show up there is no waiting in lines.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:59 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Well, one should know enough to stay away from crap pizza.

In fact, I have no idea why one ever orders food from the "basic" stands, anyway, except for specialty items. I mean non-specialty burgers and chicken sandwiches are just junk all over - why would one subject themselves to cafeteria food that costs triple the price?
I hope you didn't interpret my comment to mean I ate Little Caesars. I just remember seeing Little Caesars. All over the joint.

I think I had a hot dog there and it wasn't good.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:01 PM
WSI Regular

I had a bacon wrapped hot dog last year at Comerica Park that was tremendous.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:56 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by skobabe8 View Post
I hope you didn't interpret my comment to mean I ate Little Caesars. I just remember seeing Little Caesars. All over the joint.

I think I had a hot dog there and it wasn't good.
Well the Tigers owner does own Little Caesars so that would probably explain why you see it everywhere.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:38 PM
WSI Guru

The Cell seems to be in late September shut-down mode.

There were no programs or scorecards anywhere on the upper level today, so they had to call downstairs. Seems like something that is pretty easily avoidable.

But, the biggest joke today was having a red-shirt standing at the entrance to some random section, 535 or 537, asking to check people's tickets. I mean, there were about 1200 people in the upper deck today. Was she there to check on any Scout Seat ticket holders trying to sneak into the upper deck today? So a mom with her kids was stopped with a handful of food and ice cream trying to dig through her pockets for a ticket to appease this worker. Just really pathetic, when the proper allocation of resources would have been to send the red shirt downstairs to bring up some programs and scorecards.

Otherwise, oddly, it was a pleasant day at the park.

2014 Attendance Record: 3-3, 0.500
Old 07-28-2013, 08:13 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post

There were no programs or scorecards anywhere on the upper level today, so they had to call downstairs. Seems like something that is pretty easily avoidable.

But, the biggest joke today was having a red-shirt standing at the entrance to some random section, 535 or 537, asking to check people's tickets. I mean, there were about 1200 people in the upper deck today. Was she there to check on any Scout Seat ticket holders trying to sneak into the upper deck today? So a mom with her kids was stopped with a handful of food and ice cream trying to dig through her pockets for a ticket to appease this worker. Just really pathetic, when the proper allocation of resources would have been to send the red shirt downstairs to bring up some programs and scorecards.

I'm sure somehow all of that is your fault. I mean you really shouldn't expect a scorecard or a program at a baseball game.

At least that's the response all the other people have with gripes about Sox complacency are getting in this thread.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:14 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

Both parts of your story are sad and weird. It saddens me that whatever instructions were or were not given to the red-shirt staff leaves fans with a bad taste in their mouths on what should be a nice afternoon at the ballpark. And it's sad that no scorecards were available; that's a fundamental item that should always be on hand.

It's also simply weird that the ushers would care about tickets when the crowd is so sparse. It doesn't make sense. Weird too that there weren't scorecards when you'd think they'd want to sell whatever they can sell.

Those details are important. I want the White Sox to be successful and it's maddening when dumb things happen, whether on or off the field. There was a book written a few years ago titled Broken Windows, Broken Business: How the Smallest Remedies Reap the Biggest Rewards, which made the case that the most successful enterprises paid attention to the small details like having scorecards in the upper deck.

The author said in an interview that a consumer's mind is both logical and emotional. If the business doesn't address both, it'll lose the customer (or fan). Even more so when the customer's hungry or tired. You'd think they'd know that, especially in an entertainment venue like a ballpark.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:37 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:

LOL, we snuck into section 138 today to join some friends of mine who had better seats than we did. We waltzed right into a prime seating area without being accosted, meanwhile some poor mom with her hands full is getting harassed by some overzealous ticket nazi in the upper deck. Absolutely ridiculous.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 07-29-2013, 01:01 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:

Stories like this make me far less interested in going out to the ballpark than losing ever will.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:50 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUsoxfan View Post
I'm sure somehow all of that is your fault. I mean you really shouldn't expect a scorecard or a program at a baseball game.

At least that's the response all the other people have with gripes about Sox complacency are getting in this thread.
You should be happy enough that the Sox let you into the ball park to watch their product. After all, you could just use your phone to keep score now and look up the players, it isn't their fault.