White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #286  
Old 07-24-2013, 11:25 AM
dickallen15 dickallen15 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skobabe8 View Post
Which ones??? I am yet to experience slower/less friendly service at any other ballpark. PNC Park was unbelievably great in those areas.
I really don't notice if people are smiling at me or not. But as for wait time, these stadiums were the same at best:
Minnesota, both stadiums.
Both Yankee Stadiums
Cleveland
Detroit-which was by far the worst
Wrigley
Milwaukee
Boston
Cincinatti
Baltimore
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 07-24-2013, 11:30 AM
dickallen15 dickallen15 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
I loved going to the season ticketholder party and waiting over an hour in the lot afterwards for others to come out and move their cars as I was parked in.
And that's the White Sox faul? Why would they have parking lot attendants at an event where there is plenty of room in the parking lot? They never had them before at the party and I doubt you pointed it out and complained.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 07-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Mr. Jinx Mr. Jinx is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
And that's the White Sox faul? Why would they have parking lot attendants at an event where there is plenty of room in the parking lot? They never had them before at the party and I doubt you pointed it out and complained.
So it isn't their fault that they couldn't have 1 person take a periodic glance over his/her shoulder to make sure everyone was parking correctly in an area that does not have specific parking spots? There was a guy standing in front of the gate motioning to people to pull into that gate to park. There were 2 security guards just kind of milling around the ticket entrance where people were let in, right next to the lot mind you. You're telling none of those 3 people could have just taken a look once in a while to make sure people weren't ****ing this up?

And I have never been to one of these before so it would be quite hard for me to point this out and complain in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 07-24-2013, 01:13 PM
kittle42 kittle42 is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
So it isn't their fault that they couldn't have 1 person take a periodic glance over his/her shoulder to make sure everyone was parking correctly in an area that does not have specific parking spots?
Shouldn't people know not to park on top of each other?
__________________
Ridiculousness across all sports:

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 07-24-2013, 02:08 PM
dickallen15 dickallen15 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
So it isn't their fault that they couldn't have 1 person take a periodic glance over his/her shoulder to make sure everyone was parking correctly in an area that does not have specific parking spots? There was a guy standing in front of the gate motioning to people to pull into that gate to park. There were 2 security guards just kind of milling around the ticket entrance where people were let in, right next to the lot mind you. You're telling none of those 3 people could have just taken a look once in a while to make sure people weren't ****ing this up?

And I have never been to one of these before so it would be quite hard for me to point this out and complain in advance.
No, because people usually don't park like that. The blame lies with the people parking the cars, not the White Sox. I have no idea why they would block someone in when there is plenty of room to park, and why they wouldn't leave until more than one hour after the event was over when they know they have blocked someone in. But that is where your anger should be directed . If you went to a mall and your car was blocked, would you blame the owner of the store where you went to shop? They should have someone directing traffic in the parking lot? If it was an event where there were going to be a lot of cars, I would agree with you, the Sox should have someone in the lots. But for something like this, where there are hundreds, probably thousands of spots to park your car and not have any problem?
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 07-24-2013, 02:23 PM
kittle42 kittle42 is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
No, because people usually don't park like that. The blame lies with the people parking the cars, not the White Sox. I have no idea why they would block someone in when there is plenty of room to park, and why they wouldn't leave until more than one hour after the event was over when they know they have blocked someone in. But that is where your anger should be directed . If you went to a mall and your car was blocked, would you blame the owner of the store where you went to shop? They should have someone directing traffic in the parking lot? If it was an event where there were going to be a lot of cars, I would agree with you, the Sox should have someone in the lots. But for something like this, where there are hundreds, probably thousands of spots to park your car and not have any problem?
Exactly.
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 07-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Wedema Wedema is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hammond, IN
Posts: 646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
The escalators have been down a handful of times that I recall since the rebuild. It's not the first time. It is an inconvenience for sure. I like going down the ramps at Gate 6 though...smoothest way out of the park.

They have not had the escalators on going down since the Cleveland series at the end of June. Last night, the escalators by Bacardi were working when I went into the park but were shut down after the game. I don't think they are broken but the Sox have decided not to use them after the games going down anymore for some unknown reason.
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 07-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Mr. Jinx Mr. Jinx is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
No, because people usually don't park like that. The blame lies with the people parking the cars, not the White Sox. I have no idea why they would block someone in when there is plenty of room to park, and why they wouldn't leave until more than one hour after the event was over when they know they have blocked someone in. But that is where your anger should be directed . If you went to a mall and your car was blocked, would you blame the owner of the store where you went to shop? They should have someone directing traffic in the parking lot? If it was an event where there were going to be a lot of cars, I would agree with you, the Sox should have someone in the lots. But for something like this, where there are hundreds, probably thousands of spots to park your car and not have any problem?
I should think the Sox would want to hold themselves to a higher standard than a mall owner in terms of overall service, but I guess that's just being greedy. Also, there were more than a few people who did this, so it seems parking was not as obvious as it would appear, there are a lot of stupid people in the world. At a mall there are clearly defined parking spots that even the biggest idiot in the world could understand. The Sox have a long single yellow line. I saw people parked in front of it, behind it, and on top of it in random order.

And I left the event about 45 minutes early, hence why I had to wait an hour for the other people to get out.
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 07-24-2013, 03:16 PM
dickallen15 dickallen15 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
I should think the Sox would want to hold themselves to a higher standard than a mall owner in terms of overall service, but I guess that's just being greedy. Also, there were more than a few people who did this, so it seems parking was not as obvious as it would appear, there are a lot of stupid people in the world. At a mall there are clearly defined parking spots that even the biggest idiot in the world could understand. The Sox have a long single yellow line. I saw people parked in front of it, behind it, and on top of it in random order.

And I left the event about 45 minutes early, hence why I had to wait an hour for the other people to get out.
They have been holding this event multiple times a year for many years. If this had been a problem in the past, I'm sure they would have had someone out there. It's really not that difficult to park and when you do, you can easily see if you are blocking someone in. I really don't know how anyone can block you in and not know it. But really they are the ones who are at fault. I don't know why anyone would actually anticipate in a lot that holds thousands of cars, that someone would actually be blocked in during an event where far fewer than that would be parked, and pay someone to make sure it doesn't happen.
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 07-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Mr. Jinx Mr. Jinx is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
They have been holding this event multiple times a year for many years. If this had been a problem in the past, I'm sure they would have had someone out there. It's really not that difficult to park and when you do, you can easily see if you are blocking someone in. I really don't know how anyone can block you in and not know it. But really they are the ones who are at fault. I don't know why anyone would actually anticipate in a lot that holds thousands of cars, that someone would actually be blocked in during an event where far fewer than that would be parked, and pay someone to make sure it doesn't happen.
Well the mere fact that they were paying someone to stand there and waive in cars, as well as 2 security guards who were right there by the lot and yet nobody did anything still makes me scratch my head. All they had to do was take a quick look out there once and they would have seen this happening. When I walked back to the guards to inform them that my car was blocked in they were able to clearly see it from their vantage point without even moving. And the fact that the only reply I got was "yeah, that's what happens when they don't have someone in the lot" and then a bunch of nothing really pisses me off.
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 07-24-2013, 03:51 PM
kittle42 kittle42 is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
Well the mere fact that they were paying someone to stand there and waive in cars, as well as 2 security guards who were right there by the lot and yet nobody did anything still makes me scratch my head. All they had to do was take a quick look out there once and they would have seen this happening. When I walked back to the guards to inform them that my car was blocked in they were able to clearly see it from their vantage point without even moving. And the fact that the only reply I got was "yeah, that's what happens when they don't have someone in the lot" and then a bunch of nothing really pisses me off.
People tend to just go where everyone else goes, because they assume that if other people are going to a spot, it must be the "right" place to go. Sheep mentality!

In the past when I drove into that lot for the same event, I parked a good distance from clusters of cars.
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 07-24-2013, 11:46 PM
TomBradley72 TomBradley72 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Antioch, IL
Posts: 5,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
I really don't notice if people are smiling at me or not. But as for wait time, these stadiums were the same at best:
Minnesota, both stadiums.
Both Yankee Stadiums
Cleveland
Detroit-which was by far the worst
Wrigley
Milwaukee
Boston
Cincinatti
Baltimore
I had a very different and much better experience (vs. The Cell) for the ones in bold- I go to 3-4 Miller Park games per year- great experience every time-
__________________
TomBradley72
http://sabr.org/bioproj/person/334c0314
2014 Record: 2-3
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 07-25-2013, 04:37 AM
Milw Milw is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Naperville
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
I had a very different and much better experience (vs. The Cell) for the ones in bold- I go to 3-4 Miller Park games per year- great experience every time-
I can vouch for this. Even on a busy night at Miller Park, I've never missed more than a half inning getting food. At the Cell, missing only a half inning is notably unusual. Moreover, Miller Park has never been out of food items in the third inning, nor has a worker insisted to me that a menu item is not offered even though it is on the menu behind her--both things that have happened to me this year at the Cell.
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 07-25-2013, 08:53 AM
skobabe8's Avatar
skobabe8 skobabe8 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Munster, IN
Posts: 6,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
I really don't notice if people are smiling at me or not. But as for wait time, these stadiums were the same at best:
Minnesota, both stadiums.
Both Yankee Stadiums
Cleveland
Detroit-which was by far the worst
Wrigley
Milwaukee
Boston
Cincinatti
Baltimore
You and I have very different views on customer service if you think the criteria is just being smiled at. I've been to Milwaukee twice this year and wait times at the concessions were way better. Haven't been to any of the other places recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
I had a very different and much better experience (vs. The Cell) for the ones in bold- I go to 3-4 Miller Park games per year- great experience every time-
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milw View Post
I can vouch for this. Even on a busy night at Miller Park, I've never missed more than a half inning getting food. At the Cell, missing only a half inning is notably unusual. Moreover, Miller Park has never been out of food items in the third inning, nor has a worker insisted to me that a menu item is not offered even though it is on the menu behind her--both things that have happened to me this year at the Cell.
Cosign.
__________________



www.twitter.com/jasonrosko
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 07-25-2013, 09:59 AM
C-Dawg C-Dawg is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Glen Ellyn, IL
Posts: 2,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
I really don't notice if people are smiling at me or not. But as for wait time, these stadiums were the same at best:

Both Yankee Stadiums
The problem in NY (both sides of town) is that the concessions don't open until some point right before game time. So if you want some food right away, you have to stand in an unbelieveably long line before the game, or wait until later and hope its not too crowded then.

I like to get into the ballpark right when it opens and the inability to get food in NY for an hour or so was baffling to me. I've not seen that anywhere else.
__________________
CHICAGO BEARS
Super Bowl XLVII Feb. 3, 2013
CHAMPIONS
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.