White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 10:14 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGirl View Post
My boyfriend and I were at yesterday's game and astonished at the fact that the escalators off the ramp near Sec. 536 were inexplicably closed after the game. Because of that idiocy, nearly 28,000 people were forced to take the ramps down to street level, as opposed to spreading the crowd out on the escalators, ramps, and the stairs by Chicago Sports Depot.

One of the perks of the recent renovations to the ballpark are those escalators, so as not to jam the ramps. So, why the hell were they closed?! As far as I can see, there are exactly zero reasons as to why.
Kind of unrelated, but I don't understand why the ramps from the concourse have been shut down for years now. Why were they even built in the first place if they are not used?
Old 07-22-2013, 10:14 PM
WSI Church Elder

Errors not limited to the field tonight. All escalators in the new gate 5 were shut down at the end of the game tonight. No reason given. Thanks to the Sox for reminding e that my knee replacement is coming sooner than I thought after having to walk down the eterna-ramps.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:45 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylestillman View Post
Errors not limited to the field tonight. All escalators in the new gate 5 were shut down at the end of the game tonight. No reason given. Thanks to the Sox for reminding e that my knee replacement is coming sooner than I thought after having to walk down the eterna-ramps.
These are the escalators I referred to in my post a little while ago. I just don't get it.
Robin!

Yaz! Pliers!

"Robin Ventura has one thing Ozzie does not have -- CLASS!" ~My dad, in response to seeing the Sox commercials that featured Robin, 03.08.12

Old 07-22-2013, 11:09 PM
WSI High Priest

I went to a Cubs game a few weeks ago with some tickets that were given to me. It had just rained. I was greeted by an usher with a smile who guided me to our seats and wiped them off with a towel before telling us if there was anything we needed to not hesitate to ask. I also experienced nice, friendly and prompt service in the concessions. It was really nice.

Fast forward to tonight's Sox game. We sat in the the first few rows of section 138 (part of the seating chart where prices went UP this season). We were greeted by some troglodyte with a scowl on her face as if she looked as though she wanted to die. No words spoken, no tickets checked, no help offered at any point during the game. I noticed this to be a common theme among most of the "part time, contracted" employees, as the Sox label them.

I went for a turkey sandwich. There was nobody else in line. From the moment I put my order in, it tooksixteen (16) minutes before I was handed the turkey sandwich. Yes, sixteen minutes as the clueless staff joked amongst themselves and their friends that came to the counter.

Somebody needs to take responsibility for these "part-time" employees because the ball is really being dropped here. The Sox must have the worst gameday staff of any team in baseball.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:18 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUsoxfan View Post
Somebody needs to take responsibility for these "part-time" employees because the ball is really being dropped here. The Sox must have the worst gameday staff of any team in baseball.
They're not allowed to

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
Old 07-22-2013, 11:39 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
They're not allowed to
Unless it is part of the original contract with the IL Sports Authority to pay for the park, then they could drop the current program they are running. If it is part of the contract, then I guess they reap what they sow.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:34 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
They're not allowed to

There has to be one or several people in charge of hiring/firing/or at least managing these clowns. Do they just hire anyone that walks in and say "Congrats on being hired. I'm out...you're on your own".

Does the ISFA and Delaware North care that little?
Old 07-23-2013, 05:53 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUsoxfan View Post
I went to a Cubs game a few weeks ago with some tickets that were given to me. It had just rained. I was greeted by an usher with a smile who guided me to our seats and wiped them off with a towel before telling us if there was anything we needed to not hesitate to ask. I also experienced nice, friendly and prompt service in the concessions. It was really nice.

Fast forward to tonight's Sox game. We sat in the the first few rows of section 138 (part of the seating chart where prices went UP this season). We were greeted by some troglodyte with a scowl on her face as if she looked as though she wanted to die. No words spoken, no tickets checked, no help offered at any point during the game. I noticed this to be a common theme among most of the "part time, contracted" employees, as the Sox label them.

I went for a turkey sandwich. There was nobody else in line. From the moment I put my order in, it tooksixteen (16) minutes before I was handed the turkey sandwich. Yes, sixteen minutes as the clueless staff joked amongst themselves and their friends that came to the counter.

How mush help do people need with ushers? Where is row 6? And why anyone would wait 16 minutes for a sandwich with no one in line is beyond me.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:04 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
How mush help do people need with ushers? Where is row 6? And why anyone would wait 16 minutes for a sandwich with no one in line is beyond me.
I would imagine that someone would wait 16 minutes for a sandwich because they paid for it, and because they were hungry. It's this kind of "why should anybody care about poor service?" attitude that encourages an organization to care less about the customer.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:29 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvora View Post
I can make no sense out of this post. I've read it four times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisk4ever View Post
Translation?
Ok....

My beer was taken out of of my hand by an underaged girl and then she went to drink it. I took it back and asked what are you doing. "trying to drink" was the answer.

After the game while walking to the train a phily fan said "Sox suck" and then punched a girl I was with in the arm. Then he ran away. The punch resulted in a bruise that lasted weeks.

For 2 days we were constantly the brunt of "Sox suck", our team is better than yours, you suck, F*&% you, etc.......the entire game.

Hopefully that works for the both of you.

I have been to 100 major and minor league ballparks and nothing like this has ever happened anywhere else. And yes, I wear a Sox jersey when I see the Sox playing.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:08 AM
WSI Personality

Sounds like its an inconvenience for the White Sox to have fans attend games.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:21 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertks61 View Post
Sounds like its an inconvenience for the White Sox to have fans attend games.
BINGO robertks61 you hit the nail on the head. And SI, I think that WAS a match I was at. Lol

No clue why the escalators were closed unless they actually "broke" during the game.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:51 AM
WSI High Priest

They almost always close the escalators after the games...I think it's a public safety thing--i.e., intoxicated people tumbling down.

2014: 4-8 plus Fenway and HOF weekend
2013: 4-6 plus St. Louis and Milwaukee
2012: 7-4
2011: 6-4 plus NYC parks and Minnesota
2010: 5-6
2009: 2-4 plus Pittsburgh

"Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled."
--David Foster Wallace, () "Roger Federer as Religious Experience"
Old 07-23-2013, 11:18 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephClone89 View Post
They almost always close the escalators after the games...I think it's a public safety thing--i.e., intoxicated people tumbling down.
The old escalators at Gate 5 and gate 3 never were used in the down direction.When Gate 5 was rebuilt, one of the points of the rebuild was allowing down movements, and until yesterday I've used it dozens of times. If they decided to quit using them for safety reasons, fine but I don't understand why they can't post a notice.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:36 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
I would imagine that someone would wait 16 minutes for a sandwich because they paid for it, and because they were hungry. It's this kind of "why should anybody care about poor service?" attitude that encourages an organization to care less about the customer.
No. After a couple of minutes, you see it's not happening and you ask for your money back or ask to speak to a manager.

Waiting for 16 minutes for a sandwich when you can clearly see if they are making any progress getting it to you, and taking it to a message board encourages that type of behavior.