White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 05:31 PM
WSI Personality

His statement was a load of vague squirmy crap and the Brewers aren't going anywhere this season. He got off easy in my book. If the Brewers were in contention this year he'd be fighting it tooth and nail.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:59 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
Not surprised and he should relinquish his 2011 MVP. Did anyone actually believe his bull**** chain of custody victory?
Yeah, pretty much everyone I know north of Kenosha.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:55 PM
WSI Personality

So am I just a cynic, or does anyone else think this would have played out differently if the Brewers weren't 13.5 games out of a Wild Card spot?
Old 07-22-2013, 06:56 PM
WSI Prelate

Hmm...Braun gets suspended when-

1) His salary leaps up starting next season, so he doesn't lose as much by taking the suspension now, and the suspension doesn't carry into next season.

2) The Brewers are a lock to miss the postseason anyway, and losing Braun's presence in the lineup helps the Brewers tank for a better draft pick, and

3) Bud Selig runs baseball.

Yeah, this isn't favoritism or anything like that at all.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:20 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleHoser View Post
So am I just a cynic, or does anyone else think this would have played out differently if the Brewers weren't 13.5 games out of a Wild Card spot?
It's complete and utter bs. Now the brewers get a chance to save money AND they get a better draft pick probably due to this. If they end up with the overall number one pick, then this suspension could confidently help them. Ugh
Old 07-22-2013, 07:24 PM
WSI Church Elder

Waiting for Braun to issue an apology to the poor courier he dragged through the mud a couple years ago. Yeah, not holding my breath.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:30 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
Hmm...Braun gets suspended when-

1) His salary leaps up starting next season, so he doesn't lose as much by taking the suspension now, and the suspension doesn't carry into next season.

2) The Brewers are a lock to miss the postseason anyway, and losing Braun's presence in the lineup helps the Brewers tank for a better draft pick, and

3) Bud Selig runs baseball.

Yeah, this isn't favoritism or anything like that at all.
Seriously??? What would you have preferred, to just sit on it until next year and then suspend him? He weaseled his way out before, but now that he's caught you want to delay the suspension further?
Old 07-22-2013, 07:30 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34rancher View Post
It's complete and utter bs. Now the brewers get a chance to save money AND they get a better draft pick probably due to this. If they end up with the overall number one pick, then this suspension could confidently help them. Ugh
Using that logic they might as well have just sat Braun for the year anyway in order to move up in the draft.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:31 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
Seriously??? What would you have preferred, to just sit on it until next year and then suspend him? He weaseled his way out before, but now that he's caught you want to delay the suspension further?
Well you could at least give him the suspension he deserves. "Just until this season's over" is a load of bull****. They have a policy on PED use, they don't get to decide when to implement it or not.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:38 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
Well you could at least give him the suspension he deserves. "Just until this season's over" is a load of bull****. They have a policy on PED use, they don't get to decide when to implement it or not.
I think this is better than their policy. It was a pretty flimsy argument to try and suspend him for 100 games for a 2nd failed test when he was never convicted of a 1st failed test. 65 games is over the 50 game limit for 1st time users. This is the equivalent of a plea bargain and prevented this thing from dragging on and on for months as lawyers argued the semantics of the collective bargaining agreement.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:44 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
Using that logic they might as well have just sat Braun for the year anyway in order to move up in the draft.
I think a team should lose its top draft pick if a player gets caught on their team. It's only way to keep them from looking the other way.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:48 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34rancher View Post
I think a team should lose its top draft pick if a player gets caught on their team. It's only way to keep them from looking the other way.
I agree completely with that idea if the way people were getting caught was representative of the league. Unfortunately though, the 2 largest ways people were caught in the majors at least were from a rat/whistleblower in an east coast dugout and a clinic in Florida. If people really thought the only cheaters were the people on the Mitchell report and those using the lab in Florida I have a bridge to sell you.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:16 PM
WSI Prelate

I really wish there was a legal way to allow these massive contracts revoked when these players are busted.

You think any player would dare even consider taking PEDs?
Old 07-22-2013, 08:21 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
I really wish there was a legal way to allow these massive contracts revoked when these players are busted.

Is that written into the CBA? I would think that there would be some clause along those lines.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-2.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:21 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post

Absolutely.