White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 12:31 PM
WSI Guru

Default Sox Trade Rumors Part II

10 days until the deadline.

2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444
Old 07-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Banned

Anyone else a little worried we haven't seen more movement?
Old 07-21-2013, 01:14 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
No. Peavy on the DL stalled the starting pitcher market, Crain on the DL stalls the relief pitcher market. 10 days is a long time -- teams often wait until the last few minutes to pull the trigger on the best offer.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:19 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
No. Peavy on the DL stalled the starting pitcher market, Crain on the DL stalls the relief pitcher market. 10 days is a long time -- teams often wait until the last few minutes to pull the trigger on the best offer.
Rarely do you see teams make multiple deals on the last couple of days though. I think logistically that is very difficult. I would like to see them get something done earlier than the last day.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
If Peavy were the big catch on the market, I'd assume that to be true. But most teams have been linked to Garza as their number one choice. I've only heard one team definitively linked to Peavy as their first choice (the Red Sox).
Old 07-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Rarely do you see teams make multiple deals on the last couple of days though. I think logistically that is very difficult. I would like to see them get something done earlier than the last day.
Yeah, unless it's an utter giveaway.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:08 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
A little bit. I was hoping Garza would move over the weekend to get the losers in on Peavy.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:52 PM
WSI Prelate

I've heard exactly ONE team linked to Garza as their number one choice....Texas. Both have injury histories; Peavy's the better pitcher, but Garza's pitching a little better right now; Peavy has an extra year.

Buyers are waiting...figure more players may be on the market next week.

Is Crain going to be ready for the Deadline. Just listening to him talk, he doesn't seem to have a high sense of urgency in getting healthy.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:08 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Yes, but I hope this means that we're waiting to hear from more buyers later this week. Next weekend should be interesting.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:20 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
I've heard exactly ONE team linked to Garza as their number one choice....Texas. Both have injury histories; Peavy's the better pitcher, but Garza's pitching a little better right now; Peavy has an extra year.

Buyers are waiting...figure more players may be on the market next week.

Is Crain going to be ready for the Deadline. Just listening to him talk, he doesn't seem to have a high sense of urgency in getting healthy.
I think someone would trade for him, even on the DL though if he would be slated to come back soon after the trade. It probably hurts his value though as far as who we'll get in return.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
I've heard exactly ONE team linked to Garza as their number one choice....Texas
Boston was, but didn't like the price as they considered him a rental. They're looking at Peavy and Gallardo. Baltimore was, didn't like the price, and traded for Feldman instead. The Rockies and Diamondbacks have also put in bids for Garza, and apparently not for Peavy (which is contrary to what John Heyman originally suggested about their interest).

Maybe there's more serious interest right now other than the Red Sox. But nowadays, that stuff tends to get reported fairly quickly.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:03 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfanreggie View Post
I think someone would trade for him, even on the DL though if he would be slated to come back soon after the trade. It probably hurts his value though as far as who we'll get in return.
He's a guy we should have traded in early June...irrespective of his getting hurt, he was pitching way over his head anyway and that was the time to capitalize. Hindsight, I know.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:05 PM
WSI Personality

Default Blockbuster Trade

Lets hope there's a blockbuster trade involving the White Sox. How about Chris Sale, Alex Rios, and Addison Reed going to the Angels for Mike Trout. The Angels need pitching and we need a 5 tool player like Trout. This would be a blockbuster trade and it would make every front page in America.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:08 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
Lets hope there's a blockbuster trade involving the White Sox. How about Chris Sale, Alex Rios, and Addison Reed going to the Angels for Mike Trout. The Angels need pitching and we need a 5 tool player like Trout. This would be a blockbuster trade and it would make every front page in America.
Nothing wrong with dreaming, I suppose.

I am glad that Reed is on the block...may get someone to over pay for him.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:13 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
Yeah, I hope we trade for Harper, Cabrera, and Wainright too.
Closed Thread