White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 11:33 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRob View Post
Even so. Does it really even matter what the situation. Man up. Back at you. What if they pop up and the fielder drops it, and they get thrown out at first because they were to busy pouting and throwing their bats and trotting to first?
One could argue there is a greater chance of them getting hurt on a play like that than an error. It's an argument, not saying which way is right.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:40 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Exactly. If lack of hustle is the reason Ramirez should of been benched 20 times already this season.

I wouldnt bench anyone these two weeks for this stuff. If I was manager, I would have told Schneider to go waddle out there and massage Rios calf. Cramps happen.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:51 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfanreggie View Post
One could argue there is a greater chance of them getting hurt on a play like that than an error. It's an argument, not saying which way is right.
It's an instinct every player should have. Run out the damn play. In Baseball anything can happen, you just never know. Dropped pop up, he's on first, could rattle the pitcher and start a rally all because of a hustle play.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:52 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
I wouldnt bench anyone these two weeks for this stuff. If I was manager, I would have told Schneider to go waddle out there and massage Rios calf. Cramps happen.
I agree right now. I'm just saying prior, their was no accountability on this team. Makes no sense to start now. Ventura lost this team in May
Old 07-20-2013, 12:02 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Even so. Does it really even matter what the situation. Man up. Back at you. What if they pop up and the fielder drops it, and they get thrown out at first because they were to busy pouting and throwing their bats and trotting to first?
The situation matters. If an outfielder drops a flyball, PK is still safe at first even if he trots there. A doubleplay ball with a runner at third means the batter needs to bust behind to first. I have never seen AJ or PK not bust in a situation like that. I cannot believe this is even being debated.

2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444
Old 07-20-2013, 12:08 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
The situation matters. If an outfielder drops a flyball, PK is still safe at first even if he trots there. A doubleplay ball with a runner at third means the batter needs to bust behind to first. I have never seen AJ or PK not bust in a situation like that. I cannot believe this is even being debated.
What if the infielder drops the ball and Pauly is thrown out at first because of no effort? There more specific. And it doesn't matter if a runners or or not. Run your ass to first. I don't care if your name is Paul Konerko or Joe DiMaggio. Hell, Fisk lambasted Sanders for not running a ball out. Why because he knows what is expected of a ball player. Hustle
Old 07-20-2013, 12:18 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
What if the infielder drops the ball and Pauly is thrown out at first because of no effort? There more specific. And it doesn't matter if a runners or or not. Run your ass to first. I don't care if your name is Paul Konerko or Joe DiMaggio. Hell, Fisk lambasted Sanders for not running a ball out. Why because he knows what is expected of a ball player. Hustle
I am talking about a flyball to the outfield, for the third time. Keep changing it though. An infield popup with two outs and Konerko is still safe at first unless he falls down and breaks his leg ...and the runner still scores. Do you have reading comprehension problems? Or just anger management issues? "Man up". LOL
Old 07-20-2013, 12:22 AM
WSI Church Elder

The problem with the benching is it's complete bull****.

Rios wasn't benched for lack of hustle, he was benched because his lack of hustle cost the White Sox a run. There is no Ventura hard stance on hustling, he just benched the guy because of the outcome.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:37 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
I am talking about a flyball to the outfield, for the third time. Keep changing it though. An infield popup with two outs and Konerko is still safe at first unless he falls down and breaks his leg ...and the runner still scores. Do you have reading comprehension problems? Or just anger management issues? "Man up". LOL
You're not getting the argument. The argument simply was run out the damn ball. But your going on about some in game happening no one even cares about or doesn't matter because again you should always run out the ball. Seem to me you have fan boy issues and listen to Chris Rongey to much.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:28 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Indeed.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:12 AM
WSI High Priest

Rios benched for not hustling, he 's crying all the way to the bank.
The only way to hurt him is to fine him but how much can you fine him where it really hurts?
Old 07-20-2013, 07:37 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
Rios benched for not hustling, he 's crying all the way to the bank.
The only way to hurt him is to fine him but how much can you fine him where it really hurts?
He might get $500 or $1,000 in kangaroo court, but his pay probably nets him that much in simple interest every day or two.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:18 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
You're not getting the argument. The argument simply was run out the damn ball. But your going on about some in game happening no one even cares about or doesn't matter because again you should always run out the ball. Seem to me you have fan boy issues and listen to Chris Rongey to much.
Agree. From Little League you are taught to run hard until you are out. Game situations mean nothing. Every play has the potential to turn into an error for the defense.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:50 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
Agree. From Little League you are taught to run hard until you are out. Game situations mean nothing. Every play has the potential to turn into an error for the defense.
This isn't little league.

Everyone should pay close attention to hitters coming out of the box after routine grounders and popouts this weekend. Tell me if you don't count a handful of plays that happened to Rios in each game today and tomorrow.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:56 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopaLoop View Post
This isn't little league.

Everyone should pay close attention to hitters coming out of the box after routine grounders and popouts this weekend. Tell me if you don't count a handful of plays that happened to Rios in each game today and tomorrow.
No ones denying that. It sickens me. Even when other plays lollygag.Griffey JR. Was really guilty of it, but had star status so no one cared. I think most of us are wonder why Robin waited to do this halfway through through the season. Not only Rios, watch Ramirez a few times. he another Dog. He should of been benched and pulled 20 times already.
Closed Thread