White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAsoxfan View Post
Personally, I like the Red Sox and D'backs prospects better than the Rangers.
I just don't see the Red Sox dealing their position player prospects though. Not for Peavy, anyway. They're too good.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:30 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
I just don't see the Red Sox dealing their position player prospects though. Not for Peavy, anyway. They're too good.
Whatever Jedi mind tricks it takes, unload him.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34rancher View Post
Whatever Jedi mind tricks it takes, unload him.
The problem is right now he's probably worth a fringe prospect. He needs to rebuild value with a good start. Then we might be able to get a B for him.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:56 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Heard on Boston radio today that Red Sox may be interested in a Peavy/Rios package. I don't think they will trade the top 3 position player( CF-SS-SS) prospects or a catcher they have in AA but they may offer the AA 3rd baseman ( Cecchini) who is very highly rated but has 2-3 other 3rd basemen in front of him.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:23 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
Heard on Boston radio today that Red Sox may be interested in a Peavy/Rios package. I don't think they will trade the top 3 position player( CF-SS-SS) prospects or a catcher they have in AA but they may offer the AA 3rd baseman ( Cecchini) who is very highly rated but has 2-3 other 3rd basemen in front of him.
If we're dumping one, might as well get rid of both and free up almost $30 mil in payroll in a year we probably won't be very competitive. I'm not as worried with pitching with how we seem to be able to plug guys into the rotation; however, hitting is where we need vast improvement.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:26 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
I like Cecchini. It looks like he's absolutely raking right now - .350/.469/.547/1.016. And very balanced - some doubles, triples, HR's, SB's and more walks than K's. But I only know what I can find on the internet, so what do I know.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think Cecchini's passed all the rest. He was rated 21st in Keith Law's top prospects a few days ago, 2nd on the Saux. He's seen as their long term solution at the position. They aren't trading him unless it's Sale and Rios.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:47 PM
WSI Personality

Disagree

Quote:
I think Cecchini's passed all the rest. He was rated 21st in Keith Law's top prospects a few days ago, 2nd on the Saux. He's seen as their long term solution at the position. They aren't trading him unless it's Sale and Rios.
If the Sox sent Sale and Rios to the Boston straight up for Cecchini I would be the first to say Sox management is pathetic. He's a prospect for crying out loud; this guy could be rated 21 one day and 121 another. Please Sale is a proven number 1 starter and is worth a hell of a lot more than Cecchini and some so called B prospects.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:53 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Trading 2 proven players for one prospect is how you end up on the rebuild for 20 years.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:56 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
Trading 2 proven players for one prospect is how you end up on the rebuild for 20 years.
Not just a proven player; an elite starter who hasn't reached his peak and whose peak is higher then the prospect.

But this has a 0% chance of happening.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Banned

I wasn't suggesting straight up, only that to give him up they'd have to feel they were getting considerably better.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:20 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
I wasn't suggesting straight up, only that to give him up they'd have to feel they were getting considerably better.
Gotcha. I'm pretty well resigned to the fact that what we'll be giving up won't be as good as what we get, but I at least want what we get to be decent, and for it to come in numbers.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:05 PM
WSI Regular

Jon Heyman@JonHeymanCBS1m
hiccup has occurred in garza/texas talks. teams still working but conclusion uncertain now. #cubs
Old 07-19-2013, 08:08 PM
WSI Regular

Jeff Wilson@JeffWilson_FWST1m
Neil Ramirez done after 3 1/3 innings and five runs allowed. Maybe he's taking a dive.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:44 PM
WSI Prelate

I never believed that it was imminent because there are 2 Garzas. The oft injured above-average pitcher, or the guy who's pitched like an ace for the last 6 weeks. Cubs want ace return; buyers don't want to pay that.

It should be a lot easier to set Peavy's value once his health is ascertained.