White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2013, 09:08 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by balke View Post
Meanwhile you have Sale under control until 2019. He could not blow his elbow out, win multiple Cy Young awards, and lead the White Sox to a championship within that time period. You could also trade him at any given time until then, so there's no need to trade right now.

You're talking about a top 3 pitcher in the entire sport, versus the top draft pick from 2010. So far Profar is hitting .276 with .826 OPS in the minors. That's not a good start to a hall of fame career.

Someone asked for A-rod for Sale. A-rod crushed the ball in the minors at that age.
wow.... I LOVE Chris Sale, I am as high on him as anyone.... but Top 3...... Right Now????? Maybe in a couple of years......

Right now I would say he is Top 8, and that is fantastic....But given the chance, would you pass on Kershaw, Harvey, King Felix, Verlander, Darvish? Maybe, he is certainly in the convo, I just think top 3 is a stretch, maybe top 5, surely top 8.