White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 01:34 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
Over the years, I have come to expect that even if there is only a single person/family ahead of me in line at a USCF concession, i'll miss an entire 1/2 inning of play before I get my food.

The reason the lines are long is that the service is painfully slow. The stands are so inefficient.
Makes you wonder how much revenue they leave on the table from people who don't want to bother with the slowness. Never mind how many people just never come back to the stadium.

This stuff doesn't matter as much as the quality of the team... But it matters because it indirectly affects the quality of the team. Not to mention all of our sanity.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:43 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko View Post
It's always somebody else's fault. Problem with the venders? "Sportservice controls that". Well, you HIRED them they should answer to you.

Problem with the crossing guards almost getting you flattened? "The city forces us to hire them".

No stands open? "That's unacceptable", then fewer stands are open the next homestand.

The ushers don't know the answer to any question they get asked? "Oh they are students who had to go to school when we had training".

Now I haven't been to any other MLB ballparks, but I do attend other sporting events and the Cell is the only place that half-asses it during a professional game (and I've been to some dumps).
Your statement "It's always someone else's fault," is the tag line to this organization. Instead of fixing problems, they point fingers. Meanwhile problems remain unsolved and they piss off the most loyal fan. Then they wonder if why they have attendance problems. Other businesses that are run this way usually go bankrupt.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:46 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
That's pretty much how the entire organization is run. There's no accountability. The people who left this farm system and major league team in a shambles are never held accountable for years and years of failing to build up a strong core of young talent. They seem more interested in hiring former Sox players than to bring in people who will really get this franchise back on track.
Well, I am pretty sure that Dave Wilder is in jail right now, so yeah, I'd say he's being held accountable. Oh, and Greg Walker has to live in Atlanta, so he might even have it worse.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:36 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Well, I am pretty sure that Dave Wilder is in jail right now, so yeah, I'd say he's being held accountable. Oh, and Greg Walker has to live in Atlanta, so he might even have it worse.
Atlanta is a fun town.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:42 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Yeah- hitting coach for a 1st place team (#3 in NL in runs scored & OPS) and one of the better run franchises in MLB- it was obviously Walkers fault.
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 07-15-2013, 11:58 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Yeah- hitting coach for a 1st place team (#3 in NL in runs scored & OPS) and one of the better run franchises in MLB- it was obviously Walkers fault.
Oddly enough, the Braves offense would look to familiar to Sox fans. Low OBP, low average, but high OPS thanks to a bunch of power-hitters knocking out HRs. Only difference is so far they're successful.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:27 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
Oddly enough, the Braves offense would look to familiar to Sox fans. Low OBP, low average, but high OPS thanks to a bunch of power-hitters knocking out HRs. Only difference is so far they're successful.
The Atlanta offense is very similar to the better Sox offenses during the Walker years.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:38 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

Old 07-15-2013, 03:06 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
The Atlanta offense is very similar to the better Sox offenses during the Walker years.
Exactly, the Braves have the same offense the Sox did for years except their guys hit HR.

FWIW, the 2012 Sox were 4th in the AL in runs per game. You hit homers, it covers up a lot of problems.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:09 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Hate to get in the way of good Walker bashing- but the Braves are #4 in the NL in OBP- but you're right overall avg is low- 9th.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:20 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Hate to get in the way of good Walker bashing- but the Braves are #4 in the NL in OBP- but you're right overall avg is low- 9th.
Whoops, my mistake. And they have the highest BB% in the NL.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:12 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
The guy who broke the law and got busted for isn't an example of how the current Sox ownership holds people in management accountable for poor results.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:38 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
Your statement "It's always someone else's fault," is the tag line to this organization. Instead of fixing problems, they point fingers. Meanwhile problems remain unsolved and they piss off the most loyal fan. Then they wonder if why they have attendance problems. Other businesses that are run this way usually go bankrupt.
Pro sports teams have it good with their media money/TV deals. Imagine if they funded things like minor league teams - ticket sales and marketing sales. They would be forced to improve operations.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:40 PM
WSI Personality

In Philly this past weekend very nice staff and quick service! The White Sox staff appears to perform like the team.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:13 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertks61 View Post
In Philly this past weekend very nice staff and quick service! The White Sox staff appears to perform like the team.
Went to the Sunday game with 8 relatives and it was a great experience except for the heat. Grandkids loved it.