White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 07:47 PM
WSI High Priest

Default 7-13 Game 1 It's sort of sunny in Philadelphia Postgame Thread

Nice to see Danks have another quality outing, while De Aza and Ramirez got the big hits.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:59 PM
WSI Church Elder

Plant me squarely in the 'impressed with John Danks comeback' camp.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:17 PM
WSI Church Elder

Spent this beautiful day with my father and made it home just in time to catch the 11th inning. Happy to see Sox the bats come alive and score a couple of runs. Reed gave us a little drama/scare in the bottom of the 11th but thank goodness for that game-ending double play. Sox win! Sox win!
October26 - Twenty-SEVEN years ago, I married my husband on October 26. Since that day, we have been blessed with a wonderful family. Then, on October 26, 2005, when the baseball gods bestowed their good fortunes upon us, we saw the White Sox win the World Series. An incredibly talented team of grinders made every Sox fan's dream come true. My family and I celebrated with reckless abandon. And now, we look forward to that day when our White Sox will once again be World Series Champions!
Old 07-13-2013, 08:28 PM
WSI Prelate

Ramirez and DeAza are hitting better, and it sure helps.
I wouldn't be so quick to trade DeAza. He won't bring much of anything. He's also dirt cheap, and by the end of the year, he'll give us an obp of 330-340 with double digit homers. WE certainly can live with that until we find someone better.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:30 PM
WSI Prelate

The extra run at the end certainly helped. The runner from third that didn't score with one out after Gillaspie's sacrifice fly in the sixth could have helped get it done in nine. But the Phillies had the winning run on third with no outs in the bottom of the ninth, so not adding on to a sixth-inning lead with a deep fly isn't so glaring.

With Thornton gone and Crain out, the bullpen feels very thin but it did its job even with the extra innings. Still, has anyone noticed that since the WSI discussion with some arguing that Reed couldn't pitch in non-save situations after he blew the five-run extra-inning lead in Seattle, Reed seems shakier in save situations than non-save situations?

Overall, a nice comeback win.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:45 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
The runner from third that didn't score with one out after Gillaspie's sacrifice fly in the sixth could have helped get it done in nine.
What happened there?

Also kudos to Veal and Trudcuso for not allowing any runs this afternoon.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:46 AM
WSI Personality

They might as well forfeit sending out a lineup like that second game. Casper Wells doesn't belong in the Major Leagues .
Old 07-14-2013, 01:04 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
They might as well forfeit sending out a lineup like that second game. Casper Wells doesn't belong in the Major Leagues .
And he was hitting 5th, no less. By sending out this garbage lineup, Ventura was asking Santiago to pitch a shutout. Which he almost did. If I had paid to watch this game, and saw this lineup when I got to the park, I would have demanded a refund. This is bull. The freaking All-Star break is coming up, he shouldn't have needed to rest people, especially at the same time.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:13 AM
WSI Prelate

That was a preposterous lineup. No reason for it. This DH should have been swept.
I doubt we'll see outings like this from Veal, Purcey and Troncoso again this season.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:15 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Allen View Post
And he was hitting 5th, no less. By sending out this garbage lineup, Ventura was asking Santiago to pitch a shutout. Which he almost did. If I had paid to watch this game, and saw this lineup when I got to the park, I would have demanded a refund. This is bull. The freaking All-Star break is coming up, he shouldn't have needed to rest people, especially at the same time.
This has been his MO from the start. He did a lot of this sitting everybody and essentially forfeiting games last season. The Sox don't have any talent on the bench to just sit a bunch of players for a game like that. Like I said it was essentially a forfeit.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:17 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
This has been his MO from the start. He did a lot of this sitting everybody and essentially forfeiting games last season.
He does the same thing on the pitching end too. If the starter gets in trouble early, and the reliever gets in trouble too, and we're down, say 2 runs, he'll just leave the reliever in the game to pitch us completely out of it. He's punted a lot of games as manager.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:24 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
He does the same thing on the pitching end too. If the starter gets in trouble early, and the reliever gets in trouble too, and we're down, say 2 runs, he'll just leave the reliever in the game to pitch us completely out of it. He's punted a lot of games as manager.
He is way to slow to get guys out , especially the ones that lose it quick , like Thornton did and Nate Jones does . Why Axelrod is still getting starts is a mystery to me. He has ran out of luck , not a Major League quality pitcher. The smoke and mirrors is over with him. He was getting straight lucky. They have to have a pitcher in the system somewhere that can take his place and show his stuff.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:08 AM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Comcast SportsNet ‏@CSNChicago 41m

Ventura describes Beckham's injury as a 'serious charley horse' -- http://bit.ly/16BriwK

Beckham left Game 2 with a left quad contusion and is likely out of the lineup Sunday.
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 07-14-2013, 10:32 AM
WSI Church Elder

Why didn't the White Sox bring up a 26th player for the doubleheader?
Old 07-14-2013, 11:10 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
Why didn't the White Sox bring up a 26th player for the doubleheader?
I guess the rule doesn't apply to doubleheaders the day after the rainout because if one team can't logistically get the player to the game the next day, it would be an unfair advantage for the team that can.