White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 03:52 PM
WSI Personality

My daughter and I had a good time at the Grinder Bash today. Weather was nice, food was good (Cajun chicken is great), got a 1983 season ticket holder hat giveaway, picked up a replica Stanley Cup at the charity sale, took a pic with the World Series Trophy, and met Carlos May. Also noticed that the Sox had the first 5 rows of seats on both sides from the end of the dugout to the foul pole ripped out and were laying down new concrete in those areas.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:34 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedema View Post
My daughter and I had a good time at the Grinder Bash today. Weather was nice, food was good (Cajun chicken is great), got a 1983 season ticket holder hat giveaway, picked up a replica Stanley Cup at the charity sale, took a pic with the World Series Trophy, and met Carlos May. Also noticed that the Sox had the first 5 rows of seats on both sides from the end of the dugout to the foul pole ripped out and were laying down new concrete in those areas.
Well you just summed up out experience too. I enjoy the grinder bash but the last 7 years of it, it really hasn't changed. I do miss the one year they let us on the outfield grass also the game used stuff prices are still too high.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:00 PM
WSI Personality

One of the coolest things that we saw today was in the Sox bullpen dugout where there were signatures on the wall above the bench of all of the pitchers since 2011 and their nickname and years with the Sox written by their autographs. From the pictures that I took, Reed was The Phenom (crossed off) and is now Pinky, Jones is Rube, Castro is El Baron, Omogrosso is Omo, Josh Kinney is The Night Fox, Sale is Slim, Purcey is Big Foot, Lindstrom is Stormy, Quintana is Q, Veal is The Real Deal, Humber is Mr. Perfect, Troncoso is Megatron, Heath is Mamba, Septimo is Larry, Sergio Santos is Prime Time, Ohman is Bull Dog, Santiago was Jersey (crossed off) and is now Turbo, Liriano is Pancho Villa and Franchise, Eric Stults is Hoosier, and Brett Myers is Redneck Express. They also were recording tally marks for "Calls to the Pen". In 2012, there were 812 calls and so far around 300 this year.

Last edited by Wedema; 07-13-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:01 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedema View Post
One of the coolest things that we saw today was in the Sox bullpen dugout where there were signatures on the wall above the bench of all of the pitchers since 2011 and their nickname and years with the Sox written by their autographs. From the pictures that I took, Reed was The Phenom (crossed off) and is now Pinky, Jones is Rube, Castro is El Baron, Omogrosso is Omo, Josh Kinney is The Night Fox, Sale is Slim, Purcey is Big Foot, Lindstrom is Stormy, Quintana is Q, Veal is The Real Deal, Humber is Mr. Perfect, Troncoso is Megatron, Heath is Mamba, Septimo is Larry, Sergio Santos is Prime Time, Ohman is Bull Dog, Santiago was Jersey (crossed off) and is now Turbo, Liriano is Pancho Villa and Franchise, Eric Stults is Hoosier, and Brett Myers is Redneck Express. They also were recording tally marks for "Calls to the Pen". In 2012, there were 812 calls and so far around 300 this year.
This is excellent.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:13 PM
WSI Church Elder

I gave away my tickets for the Friday night bash and if I read the thank-you text I got later correctly, they did let people out onto the field to play around a bit?
Old 07-14-2013, 01:49 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxandtheCityTee View Post
I gave away my tickets for the Friday night bash and if I read the thank-you text I got later correctly, they did let people out onto the field to play around a bit?

They did not let us on the field on Saturday-- only the warning track.